Please hear me out

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Please hear me out

Postby X___DE___X on Mar 8 2019, 3:50pm

I sit here waiting for my son. He’s 26 years old and and heartbroken and so am I. He lost his best friend today, and a kid I really liked. Zach shot himself in the kneecap with a nail gun several months ago. The Dr. prescribed 300 OxyContin pills to him. Yeah, 300. He died today. 24 years old. Very handsome young man. Could of had any girl he wanted. But... he drifted to the one that one that gave him ​ and the drugs. We all went fishing together, hunted whitetail together and everything that was in season. Zach was a member of our family. His parents sent him to rehab several times. My son missed him and reached out to him frequently and was frustrated and upset because he couldn’t get through to him. I’m asking you all... please.... you are loved, someone cares deeply about you. I don’t care who you are, or how badly you think you have it... please reach out. Look through that fog and someone will take your hand. I live in a town of 1500 people. We have lost 3 young gentlemen in two weeks. I’m asking you.,, don’t bring this heartache to your friends and family. We love you.... it will get better.
Last edited by X___DE___X on Mar 8 2019, 4:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
X___DE___X

Re: Please hear me out

Postby X___DE___X on Mar 8 2019, 3:52pm

Is there a way to get this on active topics?
X___DE___X

Postby WAR-Rogue-RAW on Mar 8 2019, 4:16pm

I make my money in the health care system. When prescribing opiods for pain what doctors are really doing is prescribing an adiction. After three days of use usually a paitent is physically addicted. These opiods, left unchecked by the doctors slowly start dictating to the paitent it's use and consumption through the addiction. Eventually, usually within a month or two the prescription on the bottle means nothing to the paitent. When the prescription finally runs out there is absolutely nothing done then by the doctor to mediate and put an end to the addiction. The paitent then, to fulfill the craving and physical need of the addiction usually will look for alternative means to slack the addiction which usually ends in the use of heroin and fentinal. Personally, because thousands a year die from opiod addiction, I consider what these doctors do is nothing short of criminal manslaughter and something should be done!
I pray for your loss and know I'm saddend and I feel sorrow for you. May our Father wrap his loving arms around you and comfort you.
WAR-Rogue-RAW

Postby X___DE___X on Mar 8 2019, 4:22pm

WAR-Rogue-RAW wrote:I make my money in the health care system. When prescribing opiods for pain what doctors are really doing is prescribing an adiction. After three days of use usually a paitent is physically addicted. These opiods, left unchecked by the doctors slowly start dictating to the paitent it's use and consumption through the addiction. Eventually, usually within a month or two the prescription on the bottle means nothing to the paitent. When the prescription finally runs out there is absolutely nothing done then by the doctor to mediate and put an end to the addiction. The paitent then, to fulfill the craving and physical need of the addiction usually will look for alternative means to slack the addiction which usually ends in the use of heroin and fentinal. Personally, because thousands a year die from opiod addiction, I consider what these doctors do is nothing short of criminal manslaughter and something should be done!
I pray for your loss and know I'm saddend and I feel sorrow for you. May our Father wrap his loving arms around you and comfort you.
X___DE___X

Postby YA__GodOfAnarchy__FI on Mar 8 2019, 4:26pm

Sorry for your loss ... but I hear this over an over is a big problem not sure why doctors prescribe so many drugs unbelievable but I hope this problem gets addressed soon an I do some movement in the direction to get this under control maybe things will change soon....
YA__GodOfAnarchy__FI

Postby X___DE___X on Mar 8 2019, 4:27pm

Thank you. It’s a tragedy and will hit many more families. Your response is so informative and hits home. I can’t do much to stop this problem, but wanted to reach out as much as I can. Please peeps... watch out for this because sooner or later it may affect your loved ones. Please get help if you need it, or a loved one needs it. Please.. before it’s to late
X___DE___X

Postby grow2 on Mar 9 2019, 1:37am

Tldr
grow2

Postby JAGERMElSTER on Mar 9 2019, 7:48am

Sorry for your loss mate
JAGERMElSTER

Postby HiT__Huma__HiT on Mar 9 2019, 9:37am

This is a sad yet all to true story for many. The answers are complex to this issue and governments need to actually work together to find solutions. Big pharmacy has too much power and is paying our leaders to stay silent.
HiT__Huma__HiT

Postby Aradus on Mar 9 2019, 9:47am

HiT__Huma__HiT wrote:This is a sad yet all to true story for many. The answers are complex to this issue and governments need to actually work together to find solutions. Big pharmacy has too much power and is paying our leaders to stay silent.

I heard a saying:

“Good doctors get people off drugs, not on them” (or something along them lines).
Aradus

Next

Return to Other KaW Discussion