What has brought you back to KAW?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by VAMPY, Dec 31, 2018.

1. My Past Experience with Kaw

Over the years my time on Kaw has been a love hate relationship, I have quit continuously since I have made my account and the last two years I have spent more money on Kaw than I'd like to admit to myself...
    I quit because I lost interest in the game, the clan I was in stopped talking in clan chat, and the epic battles became way too repetitive and boring. For a number of reasons I have found my self not playing Kaw for weeks or even months at a time.

I would war here and there, I would jump from clan to clan to find THE clan that I wanted to stay in and potentially Perm in.

Eventually I grew bored of Kaw and quit.

I Find Myself Back Here

Every time I come back to Kaw it has been for many different reasons; people, events, and NEW updates on Kaw (good or bad). There are a number of things on Kaw that have brought me back. It will sound cheesy, but the friends that I made when I first began my Kaw journey and my friends that I have made more recently are the main reasons why I have always returned to KAw.

I have friends from when I just started Kaw and their name have stuck with me throughout my time spent on Kaw. I have never once forgotten those important friends who taught me how to play Kaw, who showed me how fun having a family was like with a group of people.
    The clans that took Vampy Noob in and taught me the basics of hitting an epic battle, the beginning of my jumping days as a Merc, and my days in OSW clans, that showed me what real leaders looked like. I can honestly say that I cherish those memories of what Kaw had shown me in my early Kaw days.

My Roots on Kaw

• Mythica Hellraisers
      Zodiac Elite
      Second Echelon
      Chaos Reborn

The Players who Impacted my Kawlife ;P

• PirateAceReborn MH-LuckySteve
      daywrecker ArmorBEARer
      Cahuck Evoxee
      -BRICKK- x_x xXxOUT_dmd8060_LAWZxXx
      Gianna edongsky
      -_-HkM_Angry_Buffalo_HkM-_- -Rorin-
      KI-FireAnt-KI _Lady_atalaya_
      llll-KDM-PRINCESS165-llll cenobite
      __AnnaVicious__ Deadly_Dunk
      xXx__Eggie__xXx Zart
      Krakkerz Parallax KOS
      Lady_DraGonFLy-TS tongan1
      iNomeBoii Lady_Kahlia
      _Sapphyre_Blu_ L3G3ND_Z3R0
      oO0-_-SUPERSILLYNUTZ-_-0Oo --CF_Bones_CF--
      VR-_-Convict-_-VR Devilish_tuna
      _PowerKnight_ SWAG ____II_CATs_claws__ll___

Current friends who have brought me back to Kaw, thanks.

The Realization of the Importance of Friends

I came back to Kaw because I had a group of people that I truly missed. For all the times that I have quit/rejoined Kaw I have always had a group of people that I genuinely enjoyed being around.

Most of the people that I have listed above I have not talked to or seen for a while. They are all the people I got really close to when I first started Kaw. I would talk to them almost every day, and enjoy the clan hopping and learning the basics of Kaw.

Wherever my old friends might be, they have impacted my experience on Kaw from the beginning. For that reason alone,I have always returned back to Kaw, to grow, socialize and enjoy what Kaw has provided for me. A fun platform to meet new people and learn how to play a game that I subconsciously enjoy. I know... sappy right? :roll: but true. :lol:

Obviously Kaw has changed a lot over the past couple of years, but even so, I have continued to meet amazing people and occasionally enjoy the different updates.

I hope you also post your reasoning for returning to Kaw. You aren't a true Kawer if you haven't taken at least 20 breaks (rage quits) from Kaw :D

Thanks for reading, and I am looking forward to your responses.
    - VAMPY

Why have You come Back to Kaw?

• Friends
      EE
      OSW
      Furnishings
      Charms
      New Events
      Other

Is there a main reason that pulls you to return to a game that these days people seem to have nothing but complaints about? There seems to always be some excuse or some complaint to why people don't like Kaw, yet people are still on the game and people are still spending money maybe not as much, but there are still people who spend on Kaw. :mrgreen:

2. I can’t quit kaw because kawcaine too strong  I need help!

3. Hi Vampy, I love the MH shout out 

I stay on KaW because of...well, MH, and because I just love the repetitiveness. I’m a very dull individual 

4. Sure, I’m not afraid to admit I’ve rage quit a few times. Not sure exactly why I keep coming back though. I used to think KaW was an escape, I could log in, chat with my friends, unload on blue piggies, or even post in the forums, but things just sort of.. changed. Not so much the game I don’t think, KaW will always be KaW no matter what the devs decide to do with it. I think for the most part I changed. I got bored. I got tired of the same routine. KaW no longer felt like an escape but a monotonous cycle of asshats and depravity. I’m sure most of that comes from being a mod a dealing with far more of it than the average player..

But I always find my way back here nevertheless. My old friends, those I played with for several years have all either left or don’t give me the time of day anymore. Sometimes it be like that though. The last time I quit I decided I wasn’t going to come back, but I logged in anyway and decided to join an HtE clan and grow a bit. There I met I would have to say my best friend, who has brought some spark back to KaW for me. I enjoy jumping clans during events with her, giving her a hard time in cc and allies chat and occasionally world chat. She brings a smile to my face and makes KaW worth playing again.

Thanks hun. I appreciate you and everything you do.

5. I usually quit when my life is too busy because of work or school and I can't put the game down because I have no willpower. I come back because I can always find a group of people I can laugh with and work towards a common goal with (even if it's a dumb eb goal). I also really like helping out new players when I can so sometimes I'll just set aside a full week to merc for struggling low-level clans

6. The people on this game.
    Shoutout to Worms 

7. My KAW family and the War.

8. I've had an incredible journey thru KaW these last 6yrs. I always come back after many noob rage quits for the ppl in this game. I've met a lot of very cool friggin ppl in this game and I'm actually friends with a few of em on fb. It's just a social thing for me really, but it's nice to have cool ppl to chit chat over nothing and slay a monster or lay in to someone if need be.

Great Thread Vampy! Kiss :*

9. Honestly I can say through the years I have rage quit a few times but what has always brought me back are the friends that I have made on this game. I think the game has changed so much over the years that most of us who started 6-7 years ago are now just playing for the true friendships we have made during that time.

Good thread vampy will be interesting to see what the common theme is as to why people either continue to pay or what brings them back

10. Needs to be a rage quit hall of fame

I’ll start the list
    Drgn

11. SUPPORT just wish they’d spend more time fixing WARS as it is a WAR GAME ! glad you back Vampy don’t leave again or we’ll all drag you back again ! THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE! KAWCAINE FOR LIFE!!!!!!

12. War brought me back and old friends i can say....i usually quit but bringing worms back is what keeps this game alive for me, i would have quit by now if it were for my brother demon phobia slim and all my wormies  ༅༜།།༼Щ32.SǪLΞЖPVVФЯM༽།། ༅

╟╼⃟☠⃝╾⃟╢ШΣ ΔRΣ THΣ ШΩRMS╟╼⃟☠⃝╾⃟╢

13. Amazing speech and very well typed, I've been playing for 5 years on and off and made great friends I've also lost touch with some. So here's to another great year of kaw 2019 bringing nations together 

14. I've quit many times over the span of time I've been around this game (Aug. 2010). I can't even give you a number because it would be impossible to try and recount when and for how long. What I can say is that the reason I quit was always heavily influenced by the game of "catch up". It started with me when I almost completed my lowlands with maxed guilds and a forge. That goal was quickly lifted out of reach with the introduction of the highlands and the new tier of buildings for the lowlands. Each update just seemed to put me further and further behind as it just quickly ate away the motivation.

Slowly the goal of being lcbc came unreachable without spending a ton of money just to try and keep up with everyone that had the gold banked prior to the updates to convert their buildings and instantly complete the highlands. Same thing with the hoarfrost. I tried so hard and then I gave up. When the addition of the abyss and osmon rai came, I just instantly stopped trying and quit for about two and a half years. I think I logged in twice in that span and it was merely to check up on some of the great people I've met over the years. Now I'm back and playing the largest game of catch up that I have ever attempted on this game thus far. I am hopeful that it will last.

Either way, this game used to be so different and it's kind of impossible to explain the phases of KaW if you weren't here experiencing it. The main reason I came back every time was for the people. It's weird one day I would just remember that I severed hundreds of great friendships at a time just by deleting an application. So I'd log in and quickly realize that 90% of those people also left the game and the clans I built and spent time growing also became inactive or disbanded. Sometimes it would entice me to delete the app again, sometimes it would encourage me to continue playing. This time around I downloaded it for no reason just to see what was going on and I finally had the motivation to come back and try to grow again and so far so good. Guess we will see what happens..

tldr: mainly the people, sometimes to see what changed

15. MH with LuckySteve, was one of my fondest memories on Kaw, I was apart of a family, that I felt supported by. Especially when I was first starting out on Kaw, and learning of clans and families and what that meant. I would never have done it any other way.

I am sad to see many MH friends I used to know and talk to continuously, not active on Kaw anymore. The times have changed and some people have not enjoyed the newer version of Kaw. I have a good number of MH friends who had my back and carried me through better understanding of what Kaw was about 5 years ago. Different times for sure.

No such thing as being Dull, there is such a thing as enjoying something that feels familiar. Which for me Kaw for sure is!!! Forever a fan and supporter of MH.

Thanks for posting!

16. I’ve “quit” a few times. All for RL reasons. My biggest and most recent break was due to my son having seizures and my step mother developing cancer. Well, he stopped having them, and she passed away.

Kaw is my alternate reality. I can come here and distract myself. It’s a stress reliever. Single mother, boyfriend lives 4-5 hours away, daycare teacher, court dates to get permission from the father to move to the boyfriend, I’m quite stressed. The more stressed I am, the more I play, if i don’t have other things to occupy my free time. When I’m on, I typically spend my time in CC, or hopping around helping clans with ebs like a merc, or I’ll hunt down stuff I need for missions.

Recently I completely did all my furnishings to make a custom set that I’m so proud of. I usually don’t like furnishings, I usually sell them as I get them but I wanted to make something pretty so that’s what I did.

TLDR; I’m on Kaw for a lot of reasons. Friends, helping clans, events. Distraction. That’s about it.

17. Socializing has always been the key to making any experience enjoyable. I have come across a lot of Drama and Painful memories from Kaw but it has also made me realize that I have always gotten past those times.

The true friends have always been there from the start. They never use you to get what they want and they help you when you are truly in need. Kaws community has shown me a lot over the years and the memories I have has stuck with me through the years.

Unfortunately there are those people who could care less about you being a real person and having feelings. Even though it’s a game, everyone behind a screen name is a person. And sometimes hurtful things are said without taking into account that we are all human.

Thanks sweetie for your experience! Seems like most people have enjoyed their friends and time on the game also.
    - VAMPY

18. Why did he quit again?

19. Stay on topic please.