Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby SiRIllISiFuIIlILoNGllIIStR0Ke on Oct 11 2018, 5:00pm

@winston

I have another suggestion, how about make them unstackable. This will slow down all those accounts who farm the bejesus out of them.
But! Make it somehow an in game purchaseable that allows people to stack or purchase charms. This way you guys get the dosh instead of it going outside
SiRIllISiFuIIlILoNGllIIStR0Ke

Postby SiRIllISiFuIIlILoNGllIIStR0Ke on Oct 11 2018, 5:04pm

Or make the charms enchantable to level 20 for those of us who have the inferno and aqua.
The farmers dont have enough to ug them to max therefore missing out on the stat boost
SiRIllISiFuIIlILoNGllIIStR0Ke

Postby -N2_tHa_JuNgLe_MaCHiNE- on Oct 11 2018, 10:25pm

Easy fix really.Make it to where equipment that is transmuted into a charm doesnt stack but rewards do.Refund people the excess charms they have in universal build tokens at a high exchange rate or introduce a clan/personal plunder bonus by trading charms for crux or special event opening items. Dev buy back
-N2_tHa_JuNgLe_MaCHiNE-

Postby Karma on Oct 11 2018, 10:37pm

Here’s a fix that would work wonders, and forget about keeping everyone happy, it’s impossible, trying to please everyone is the first step to failure.

Fix 1:

Make charms give % based stats depending on the size of the player. Let’s get rid of these small 400-800m tanks killing players 5x their size in indi wars. For example, charms give 2% bonus to stats currently, make them give X% depending on the player size, you could create brackets, so every 200m you grow, you get an extra 0.1% bonus added to your stats, from all of your charms/rewards, or just give a % depending on their cs using whatever mathematical equations you want.

Fix 2:

Limit new clans to 20-25 members for the first 1-2 weeks of its existence, this will give new clan owners something to work towards, if the clan is active, meaning that more than 75% of its members are actively hitting ebs, and at least 75% of the ebs that they run are completed, then allow the clan owner to unlock 20-25 more member spots for the clan. This will prevent charm farmers from being able to make a clan and fill it immediately with 90 alts and start running nk.

Fix 3:

Lock nk behind the other ebs in the Apheriun series. So now clans must complete haunting, fod, cotd and hte before being able to run nk. This will further hinder charm farmers.

Fix 4:

PvP farms are a very real thing, which is primarily where these 100 stacks of each charm up to the 15k bracket come from. My fix would be to change the PvP weekend event rewards to the same as the victory token leaderboard rewards. This way, PvP farms can no longer acquire charms.

Applying all of the above would not only improve the game, but almost kill off the black market for charms, or at least the price for charms would sky rocket, due to the difficulty of acquiring them. Remember, you make 10% of what charm farmers make. Think about that. Return the primary money flow back into your game. These fixes will also give bfa the prioritisation that it should already have. If charms can no longer be acquired in such large volumes, then bfa will once again be relevant.

Fix 1 plus the introduction of the new war type will also force these small tanks to grow, if they want their charms to be effective, and if they want to be effective in the new war type, they’ll have to grow and commit to bfa.

These fixes will bring the focus back to bfa and back to players wanting to build their accounts.

Postby xWarRocketAJAXx on Oct 11 2018, 11:33pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:I'm actually in the forums multiple times a week and have read all of the suggestions in the post. Charms are certainly a known issue - it's been brought up in the forums and in various help tickets. There isn't a simple solution to the issue but it is something we are thinking through as a team. As previously mentioned by someone else in the thread, there is no solution that will keep everyone happy.

"You can't please all the people all the time" thanks Mr Lincoln.... you don't need to please the exploiters and charm farmers here with 40-50+ alts just nerf the power set a limit maybe 30% of build static or acts like BFA % because people spent years achieving.... build complete BC are thinking WTF!? Do something fast or u might as well trash plans for new lands etc... kaw is on tilt, just needs a correction for the benefit of the masses - Ajax
xWarRocketAJAXx

Postby Original_Belladonna on Oct 11 2018, 11:37pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:
-SKyBot- wrote:We have so many of fantastic ideas here, only if the developers actually care to go through them and try to be more transparent regarding why they're still on a defensive stance against those exploits.Sadly, there's barely any interaction between devs and players even here in forums, which makes me doubt are they even concerned to work on it.

I'm actually in the forums multiple times a week and have read all of the suggestions in the post. Charms are certainly a known issue - it's been brought up in the forums and in various help tickets. There isn't a simple solution to the issue but it is something we are thinking through as a team. As previously mentioned by someone else in the thread, there is no solution that will keep everyone happy.

So why not just offer up a solution(s) and get feedback from players?
Original_Belladonna

Postby ___LaDyAsHx___ on Oct 12 2018, 1:05am

Support, son. Give em hell. Lol
___LaDyAsHx___

Postby ________________MuSaNg_____IDD on Oct 12 2018, 1:13am

Karma wrote:Here’s a fix that would work wonders, and forget about keeping everyone happy, it’s impossible, trying to please everyone is the first step to failure.

Fix 1:

Make charms give % based stats depending on the size of the player. Let’s get rid of these small 400-800m tanks killing players 5x their size in indi wars. For example, charms give 2% bonus to stats currently, make them give X% depending on the player size, you could create brackets, so every 200m you grow, you get an extra 0.1% bonus added to your stats, from all of your charms/rewards, or just give a % depending on their cs using whatever mathematical equations you want.

Fix 2:

Limit new clans to 20-25 members for the first 1-2 weeks of its existence, this will give new clan owners something to work towards, if the clan is active, meaning that more than 75% of its members are actively hitting ebs, and at least 75% of the ebs that they run are completed, then allow the clan owner to unlock 20-25 more member spots for the clan. This will prevent charm farmers from being able to make a clan and fill it immediately with 90 alts and start running nk.

Fix 3:

Lock nk behind the other ebs in the Apheriun series. So now clans must complete haunting, fod, cotd and hte before being able to run nk. This will further hinder charm farmers.

Fix 4:

PvP farms are a very real thing, which is primarily where these 100 stacks of each charm up to the 15k bracket come from. My fix would be to change the PvP weekend event rewards to the same as the victory token leaderboard rewards. This way, PvP farms can no longer acquire charms.

Applying all of the above would not only improve the game, but almost kill off the black market for charms, or at least the price for charms would sky rocket, due to the difficulty of acquiring them. Remember, you make 10% of what charm farmers make. Think about that. Return the primary money flow back into your game. These fixes will also give bfa the prioritisation that it should already have. If charms can no longer be acquired in such large volumes, then bfa will once again be relevant.

Fix 1 plus the introduction of the new war type will also force these small tanks to grow, if they want their charms to be effective, and if they want to be effective in the new war type, they’ll have to grow and commit to bfa.

These fixes will bring the focus back to bfa and back to players wanting to build their accounts.

No support you are only focusing for your advantage. KAW is not made just for you. You want a game design for you. Educate yourself of programming or hire a developer to make a game for yourself. Most of us not growing not by choice. We are left behind because of devs keep bringing new lands and buildings. Some of us even drop build so don’t end up in T1 indi wars. You want players force to grow. Sponsor NK for free and we will come and grow. Send me iCards for free I will BC in 2 months.
________________MuSaNg_____IDD

Postby Karma on Oct 12 2018, 2:02am

Musang, please leave the thread.

Postby ___LaDyAsHx___ on Oct 12 2018, 2:18am

Musang, you are completely derailing the thread hun by making it personal.
Karma speaks on behalf of the majority of KAW. Charms are a serious problem and have taken the cash flow OUTSIDE of KAW, which in the end means that the Devs profit less and therefor care less about us and the game itself.

I couldn’t have said it better myself and I know the Devs are watching this thread, so please either contribute, support or even give constructive criticism but not what you’re doing right now.
___LaDyAsHx___

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion