Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby xWarRocketAJAXx on Oct 16 2018, 7:09pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:Charm farming isn't against the rules, as players are really just completing legends, but there are other rules which could be violated from charm farming, such as using an excessive number of alts to play the game, using automated means to play the game (if they are), or using false information to create accounts. This may not be an exhaustive list. Action has been taken on numerous accounts.

Awesome, Dev this irrelevant, if you don't nerf charms power NOW which is way in excess of design assumption (i.e organic growth 600 charms example) the game will be dead in a month maybe sooner.

Ajax
xWarRocketAJAXx

Postby Faust on Oct 16 2018, 7:33pm

[ATA]Winston wrote:
--CF_White__Wolf_CF-- wrote:
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:Charm farm isn’t a glitch. I’m just playing devils advocate for a sec. Majority People are trading for those charms, via from furniture to rare charms. It wouldn’t be fair to take away things that people obtained through what devs created. There has always been alts made to make gold, bank, and volley to get the mains ahead. This isn’t really different. Could I assume the complaints are from those that are reluctant to use or don’t have the time to use the same method?

Just saying. I do understand both sides.

This is actually what I was wondering, is charm farming actually against the rules or is it just people using alts to get charms to trade to their mains?

It still seems like an issue, but whether or not it's against the rules could change what action, if any, could be taken.

Charm farming isn't against the rules, as players are really just completing legends, but there are other rules which could be violated from charm farming, such as using an excessive number of alts to play the game, using automated means to play the game (if they are), or using false information to create accounts. This may not be an exhaustive list. Action has been taken on numerous accounts.

LOL. I’m dying from laughter. This is possibly the biggest lie I’ve ever seen . Action being taken on numerous accounts? Excessive amounts of alts... I don’t know is 80-300 alts a weekend excessive? Yet they still continue with the same accounts with the only action being taken is clan disbandment. For automated means... it is pretty hard for one person to do an NK and get 2.5k max drop with the new item nerf alone... so yeah the people with the “excessive” amounts of alts are prob also scripting. Yet the same alts who have been farming NK for months are still rocking onwards. And on for false info... scripting making accounts is also a thing now so pretty easy to make a few dozen alts within a few minutes... don’t lie when you say “action is being taken” as it really isn’t. Making them waste what? 2-4b worth of charms(as these seals to open the NK are traded using charms) while they get 50-100B+ an event. BAN THEIR MAINS. It’s linked via IP anyways it isn’t hard to find out which alt belongs to who as they are in the same clan anyways. Ban their alts and then ban their main then IP ban them. Abusing NK has gone on forever and you say you are finally doing something? A bigger joke has never been said. I think most of the kaw community agrees with me when i say this. Take REAL action for once. Rant over while I walk off laughing.
Faust
2016 ASW Champion

Postby TheWolfOfKaWStreet on Oct 16 2018, 8:00pm

That was a very sorry response.
TheWolfOfKaWStreet

Postby Chocolate-_-Thunder on Oct 16 2018, 8:06pm

I sent feedback month ago from my alt to devs asking them to bring back the old school kaw,and to slow down the events. They replied to create a thread in on forums to see how many players would be interested,but I really just let it go. The charms, events, furnitire hunts only makes folks want to unload on end, spend on premium end just to make the top tired in the event. It really is taking the life out of the game.
Chocolate-_-Thunder

Postby IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl on Oct 17 2018, 10:10am

[ATA]Winston wrote:
Charm farming isn't against the rules, as players are really just completing legends, but there are other rules which could be violated from charm farming, such as using an excessive number of alts to play the game, using automated means to play the game (if they are), or using false information to create accounts. This may not be an exhaustive list. Action has been taken on numerous accounts.

A truly remarkable reply, Winston! You should run for public office.
IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl

Postby IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl on Oct 17 2018, 4:30pm

I haven’t seen this proposed but here is an interim fix. Until devs figure out a permanent solution, the effectiveness of stacks of charms should be limited to 2 or possibly 3 of any named charm.

What I mean is that any kingdom can only make use of only 2 or possibly 3 of one’s best Lycoanite Adeptus Coronet Charm. Anything above that amount does not affect your equipment stats. This should include differing levels so that people would not be able to theoretically stack20-30 by manipulating upgraded charms.

Again this is only a proposed temporary fix but the devs could feel free to adapt the idea as they see fit if it would help for a permanent solution.

I haven’t seen anything written about promo rewards but everything in the thread with regards to charm stacks should also apply to the promo rewards. It would not make sense to patch charms only but leave stacks of 30-150 rewards floating out there causing the same harm to gameplay.
IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl

Postby JinXedMinX on Oct 17 2018, 4:48pm

Karma... You're right. Kaw was better 5 years ago
JinXedMinX
2016 ASW Champion

Postby YA__BlackCenturion__FI on Oct 18 2018, 7:24am

@Winston
If you limit effectiveness of charms but not remove them from accounts, excess charms would be useless to hoarders, but they still hold value to someone else not stacked. They still can be traded for anything: furniture, seals, ally hires. Their trade value preserved, but effectiveness when stacked diminished.
That is your fair solution to bring balance to game. Affected accounts will in time be able to recuperate investment while we in time will absorb their excess charms bringing balance.
While that happens, you do investigate those abusing tou by creating illegal alts under false identity/ information. Deal with cheaters appropriately. But do not take forever to build your courage. Be decisive and be quick.
With every weekend your problem grows.
First step is reduce harm and work from there.
LIMIT CHARM EFFECTIVENESS WHEN STACKED. Now!
YA__BlackCenturion__FI

Postby LordSavan on Oct 18 2018, 7:29am

You could always turn all charms off and just claim they work, like you did for the first six months of their existense.
LordSavan
2018 ASW Champion

Postby -SKyBot- on Oct 18 2018, 7:47am

LordSavan wrote:You could always turn all charms off and just claim they work, like you did for the first six months of their existense.

Brutal af 
-SKyBot-

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion