Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl on Oct 15 2018, 5:59pm

Karma wrote:Take away the charms that people have spent thousands on and watch 80% of the ally lb quit.

I just counted the top 50 alb and 21 have significant charms. This is roughly half your estimate.

Now, of course, it’s hard for me to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your altruistic intentions. In some ways, the statements by others on this thread which I didn’t pay any attention to ring a bit more true: ie that you wish to crystallize an almost insurmountable lead in charms/showcase over the rest of kaw.

The devs have sometimes taken a long time to find and fix glitches and flaws. However, once discovered the precedent is clear: they have always removed the ill-gotten gains from all accounts. The same should be done in this case.

The last major issue was with a building glitch (possibly circa 2016). In this case devs removed everything remotely tainted by this gold influx. There were kingdoms that had all their buildings pots gold allies removed. If you had bought an account with 100T via third party and that gold had been obtained by building glitch then you would have been SOL.

Do devs want to restore gameplay balance? The first thing they need to do is to remove all the charms generated through the charm farm glitches.
IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl

Postby Karma on Oct 15 2018, 10:32pm

Can you explain how the devs would identify exploited charms? The first problem is to stop the insane influx of charms. Not just to strip those who have acquired them. I’m glad you took the time to inspect the top 50 lb. Truly I am.

And no, big stacks aren’t necessarily exploited. For example. Let’s say you sell a bunch of furniture, everyone you sell furniture to trades you the same charm as everyone else who you traded with, that’s a legitimately acquired stack no matter the size. Would you identify that as an exploited stack?

I have a mostly stacked showcase, but how would you determine whether or not it’s all exploited?

Lastly, no lb players actually take part in the charm farming itself. It’s done by others, mostly much smaller players with nothing to lose even if their main account gets banned. Some lb players do go to charm farming clans if they’re invited or it’s advertised on wc. It’s free nk so why not.

Postby lIlIl____MAYHEM____IlIlI on Oct 15 2018, 11:37pm

Karma wrote:Can you explain how the devs would identify exploited charms? The first problem is to stop the insane influx of charms. Not just to strip those who have acquired them. I’m glad you took the time to inspect the top 50 lb. Truly I am.

And no, big stacks aren’t necessarily exploited. For example. Let’s say you sell a bunch of furniture, everyone you sell furniture to trades you the same charm as everyone else who you traded with, that’s a legitimately acquired stack no matter the size. Would you identify that as an exploited stack?

I have a mostly stacked showcase, but how would you determine whether or not it’s all exploited?

Lastly, no lb players actually take part in the charm farming itself. It’s done by others, mostly much smaller players with nothing to lose even if their main account gets banned. Some lb players do go to charm farming clans if they’re invited or it’s advertised on wc. It’s free nk so why not.

Devs always figure them. Takes time but they will. Very few exploit in KAW never been punished. First the IP addresses then the trade value. When one account trade 100 billion and return trade 1 box. That's good enough to be investigated further.
lIlIl____MAYHEM____IlIlI

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Oct 15 2018, 11:56pm

Charm farm isn’t a glitch. I’m just playing devils advocate for a sec. Majority People are trading for those charms, via from furniture to rare charms. It wouldn’t be fair to take away things that people obtained through what devs created. There has always been alts made to make gold, bank, and volley to get the mains ahead. This isn’t really different. Could I assume the complaints are from those that are reluctant to use or don’t have the time to use the same method?

Just saying. I do understand both sides.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby -SKyBot- on Oct 16 2018, 12:27am

Honestly I don't see a possibility of charms being confiscated that would cause a havoc.What I would want to see is charms to have a certain cap in proportion to gold/bfa/build (I have a whole forum post on this),or to make them non static which really is a good idea as it makes those charm stacked accounts vulnerable to an extent in ee wars/strips again.IMO BFA should be the only thing static in the game it deserves to have advantage as it takes years to build up.And, what we can do to counter the existing issue of charm farms? Well I noticed devs did take some steps like reducing stats on recent charms,routinely disbanding the charm farming clans (even though most still get away but it does count as an effort yes.)All these has pretty much demotivated many farmers.BUT, that's not the end to it, the whole issue of charm farms and exploit only surfaced when clans running FFA NK with 70+ alts appeared, the bigger picture of it which has not received much of attention is PvP, many players been silently exploiting PvP since charms came out and they are the main reason where those stacks for 100-200s are coming from.Moreover, these players do not even bring any revenue to the game unlike the NK farmers atleast LOL (not saying they're any better but still)So, first of all the developers need to change the rewards for PvP or atleast fix the loopholes which has been exploited for months now.
-SKyBot-

Postby --CF_White__Wolf_CF-- on Oct 16 2018, 12:28am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:Charm farm isn’t a glitch. I’m just playing devils advocate for a sec. Majority People are trading for those charms, via from furniture to rare charms. It wouldn’t be fair to take away things that people obtained through what devs created. There has always been alts made to make gold, bank, and volley to get the mains ahead. This isn’t really different. Could I assume the complaints are from those that are reluctant to use or don’t have the time to use the same method?

This is actually what I was wondering, is charm farming actually against the rules or is it just people using alts to get charms to trade to their mains?

It still seems like an issue, but whether or not it's against the rules could change what action, if any, could be taken.
--CF_White__Wolf_CF--

Postby docabbit on Oct 16 2018, 2:37am

New equipment slot: Charm Bracelet

Common bracelets can be purchased using mithril and have room for five charms.
These bracelets can in turn be enchanted and turned into charms themselves (diminishing returns).

Special event bracelets can hold a larger amount of charms or hold more enchantments.

This can give the ability to players to stack the statistics of charms in a variety of ways and limits the amount of charms that can be used at any given time.

Thoughts?

docabbit

Postby Karma on Oct 16 2018, 7:42am

@Docabbit, I don’t honestly see that working. Yours as well as many other’s ideas on here are too much of a change to be implemented. Still interesting ideas that people are thinking of though.

Postby Majin_Venom on Oct 16 2018, 12:57pm

Just shutdown the Charm system... KAW will stand ... they mess up the way charms overpowers towers and builds....
Majin_Venom
2016 ASW Champion

Postby [ATA]Winston on Oct 16 2018, 3:56pm

--CF_White__Wolf_CF-- wrote:
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:Charm farm isn’t a glitch. I’m just playing devils advocate for a sec. Majority People are trading for those charms, via from furniture to rare charms. It wouldn’t be fair to take away things that people obtained through what devs created. There has always been alts made to make gold, bank, and volley to get the mains ahead. This isn’t really different. Could I assume the complaints are from those that are reluctant to use or don’t have the time to use the same method?

This is actually what I was wondering, is charm farming actually against the rules or is it just people using alts to get charms to trade to their mains?

It still seems like an issue, but whether or not it's against the rules could change what action, if any, could be taken.

Charm farming isn't against the rules, as players are really just completing legends, but there are other rules which could be violated from charm farming, such as using an excessive number of alts to play the game, using automated means to play the game (if they are), or using false information to create accounts. This may not be an exhaustive list. Action has been taken on numerous accounts.
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion