Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby Karma on Oct 15 2018, 8:02am

No new players currently exist anyway. The hundreds of alts you see created every week are for a certain clan’s PvP scripts or for nk farming at the weekend.

And that was one of my main points. If nothing happens to the insane influx of charms each week and each event, then the game will be flooded still.

At this point there’s no way to balance charms for everyone, without screwing all the top players who spent thousands already. My suggestion would be first to stop the influx by implementing the fixes I posted a few pages ago, then look at the situation with charms.

Postby Tzshifter on Oct 15 2018, 8:24am

Karma wrote:No new players currently exist anyway. The hundreds of alts you see created every week are for a certain clan’s PvP scripts or for nk farming at the weekend.

And that was one of my main points. If nothing happens to the insane influx of charms each week and each event, then the game will be flooded still.

At this point there’s no way to balance charms for everyone, without screwing all the top players who spent thousands already. My suggestion would be first to stop the influx by implementing the fixes I posted a few pages ago, then look at the situation with charms.
Tzshifter

Postby [ATA]Winston on Oct 15 2018, 9:50am

xWarRocketAJAXx wrote:"Beyond belief"

Devs rather than take action.... you decide to create a legendary charm to 'exploit' the charms race with a 'tri chest' not understanding that kaw is on the brink of total collapse just taking a short term gain - just brilliant!

The max cap of the legendary charms is 1, so no player can have more than 1. It's not a large enough amount to drastically cause imbalance within the charm system. It's also very rare.

We are aware of the current charm issues and are looking into solutions. I have been actively reading, although infrequently posting in this thread.
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

Postby Bachkeda on Oct 15 2018, 9:54am

Tired of my Indi team sweating our ass off to gain the lead after being 600b down but thanks to an enemy xtal whom spends thousands of charms we lose because he can single handedly take us all out.
Bachkeda

Postby [ATA]Winston on Oct 15 2018, 10:35am

Bachkeda wrote:Tired of my Indi team sweating our ass off to gain the lead after being 600b down but thanks to an enemy xtal whom spends thousands of charms we lose because he can single handedly take us all out.

Have you tried the new war type? So far it seems to result in closer wars, and appears to be decently popular.
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

Postby Faust on Oct 15 2018, 11:01am

The war type seems to be more of a bandaid than anything else. It still doesn’t change anything about the massive imbalance in the traditional war type as well as osw. It basically changes something for maybe what? 2% of players cause the war scene of KaW basically died due to the devs themselves and their lack of innovation until recently(I mean no s8...come on).

When devs introduced charms people were fine with as it helped older accounts have a real advantage. When trading was introduced however there was massive amounts of backlash and warning of what would happen, but you ignored them anyways. Look at where we are now with kaw profits most likely at an all time low even with these nonstop b2b uncapped promos for no reason other to keep kaw afloat. If I recall correctly back in 2017 there was a forum post asking the community a a whole to see if the new lands at the time(deepmine) should be postponed for several months. With the response being overwhelmingly yes the release date was pushed back. So I ask this, why do the devs not do this more often, ask the community for feedback rather than just releasing something without a pretest/balance check? I’d like to see something than a forum post about a promo or a new war type only 2% of kaw plays now because of all the people who have warred retired.

When the devs(hopefully) nerf charms before introducing it maybe make a forum post telling the community a week or two before hand about what is to come and ask for suggestions rather then just not caring and putting the update live. We all would like more communication from the devs as the only real way to “talk” to you is through feedback and 90% of us know how crap it is due to all the automated messages. The last 5 I sent all got an automated message, quite nice.
Last edited by Faust on Oct 15 2018, 11:20am, edited 1 time in total.
Faust
2016 ASW Champion

Postby Bachkeda on Oct 15 2018, 11:05am

[ATA]Winston wrote:
Bachkeda wrote:Tired of my Indi team sweating our ass off to gain the lead after being 600b down but thanks to an enemy xtal whom spends thousands of charms we lose because he can single handedly take us all out.

Have you tried the new war type? So far it seems to result in closer wars, and appears to be decently popular.

Yes but that isn't enough for me to maintain my top 50 EE LB rank. I didn't even get 300 items that war.
Bachkeda

Postby Tzshifter on Oct 15 2018, 2:59pm

@Faust, thanks to the mods censoring everything on the forums and making it a complete ghost town where people no longer want to go, the devs can’t properly ask for the games opinion on things in forums because nobody goes on forums anymore.

Thats what happens when you gestapo lock threads for absolutely no reason other than your own selfish interest mods.
Tzshifter

Postby smeagol-the-golum on Oct 15 2018, 4:00pm

Yes charms have destroyed the mechanics of this game now huge players can hit smalls and smalls can't return hits that's not right fix this crap
smeagol-the-golum

Postby lIlIl____MAYHEM____IlIlI on Oct 15 2018, 4:48pm

Karma wrote:Take away the charms that people have spent thousands on and watch 80% of the ally lb quit. Then watch the game die. How many times do I need to explain that.

New lands will help balance things but not for long, as they will have to create new equipment with stats appropriate for new build stats. And if PvP farms and charm farms are still a thing then new lands won’t matter at all.

I highly doubt this 80% estimate of LB players bought charms from black market. Punishing players who bought from black market is the first steep. Punishing black market buyers is a good example. Without demand of black market charms reduced charm farmers. LB that bought charms off black market will not quit. They are the same players that most likeky participated on past exploit and punished. They are still here playing. Taking their charms just make them work harder to build charms properly. They can make alts and buy seal for them to join HTE clans.
lIlIl____MAYHEM____IlIlI

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion