Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Oct 18 2018, 2:31pm

IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl wrote:
[ATA]Winston wrote:
Charm farming isn't against the rules, as players are really just completing legends, but there are other rules which could be violated from charm farming, such as using an excessive number of alts to play the game, using automated means to play the game (if they are), or using false information to create accounts. This may not be an exhaustive list. Action has been taken on numerous accounts.

A truly remarkable reply, Winston! You should run for public office.

What number comes to mind that you would call excessive?
The way I see it , if someone wants to create a crap ton of alts to spend money to do premium ebs why is it any ones business ? I could care less. I don’t want to do that. If it gives them an advantage so be it. Not everyone is equal, and you all don’t deserve a participation badge. Go farm , trade, and ransom for charms. Whatever it takes. But everyone complaining here or pulling a ticket won’t change a damn thing. It falls on deaf ears. It’s a major community issue and Winston just gave you a stellar performance. So so
You really think they’ve taken action? Winston you know that the players are watching and you know they see nothing being dealt with. Pulling a ticket is as about useful as used toilet paper. I’ve pulled several on a recent subject
And was told not to anymore on the subject.

Questions really to you now Winston is.......Do you even want the players help ? Why are you not taking the players seriously?
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby _Sinan_ on Oct 18 2018, 4:15pm

Devs are stupid. So keep it simple. Nerf charms and be done. Charms are overall negative regardless if “cheating” or not.

Turtle builds back in the day didn’t break tou. But devs nerfed the hell out of them and punished players utilizing that build because they incorrectly assumed they were cheating.

Don’t ask devs for complicated fix. Let me reiterate. Devs are stupid so keep it simple.
_Sinan_

Postby xWarRocketAJAXx on Oct 19 2018, 4:14am

[ATA]Winston wrote:We are aware of the current charm issues and are looking into solutions.

Time to roll out your solution Dev.
xWarRocketAJAXx

Postby -Heritage- on Oct 19 2018, 9:18am

Charms are not the issue, being able to have unlimited charms is.
There needs to be a cap on how many you can have just like the cap on how many allies you can have.
Its really not that difficult and it's not a big fix.
Maybe make a gold upgrade option to upgrade your charms to eat up some excess gold floating around to maybe?
-Heritage-

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Oct 19 2018, 11:22am

True-KingLeonidas-Spartan wrote:Charms are not the issue, being able to have unlimited charms is.
There needs to be a cap on how many you can have just like the cap on how many allies you can have.
Maybe make a gold upgrade option to upgrade your charms to eat up some excess gold floating around to maybe?

One issue I have with this is that charms were meant to eat up old, useless equipment. If you cap the number of charms too low (say, 1000), people who don't do any trading at all will start hitting that cap at some point by virtue of transmuting equip as it comes out. Getting more slots with gold is a decent temp fix, but will either cap at way too expensive (if unlimited spots are theoretically available) or the same issue of not being able to transmute more (with a fixed upper cap).

If you cap it too high, we're in the same spot as we are now.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Postby Stacy_P on Oct 19 2018, 11:37am

-SS-Thrawn-SS- wrote:
True-KingLeonidas-Spartan wrote:Charms are not the issue, being able to have unlimited charms is.

One issue I have with this is that charms were meant to eat up old, useless equipment. If you cap the number of charms too low (say, 1000), people who don't do any trading at all will start hitting that cap at some point by virtue of transmuting equip as it comes out. Getting more slots with gold is a decent temp fix, but will either cap at way too expensive (if unlimited spots are theoretically available) or the same issue of not being able to transmute more (with a fixed upper cap).

If you cap it too high, we're in the same spot as we are now.

What if you capped the strength ability of the stats of charms per player (kinda like max plunder for allies) but not cap the amount of charms you can transmute and/or hold, so then once you reached max strength of charms/rewards people could still collect, transmute and trade, if that makes sense? Those that stack for the purpose of trading could still do so and potentially help newer players catch up eventually by being able to buy charms and get to their max without waiting to transmute their own charms, if they chose to do so! Idk if would fix problem but was just my thought since the the unlimited strength increase of charms in war and pvp seems to be the big issue!
Stacy_P

Postby -SKyBot- on Oct 20 2018, 4:01am

Stacy_P wrote:What if you capped the strength ability of the stats of charms per player (kinda like max plunder for allies) but not cap the amount of charms you can transmute and/or hold, so then once you reached max strength of charms/rewards people could still collect, transmute and trade, if that makes sense? Those that stack for the purpose of trading could still do so and potentially help newer players catch up eventually by being able to buy charms and get to their max without waiting to transmute their own charms, if they chose to do so! Idk if would fix problem but was just my thought since the the unlimited strength increase of charms in war and pvp seems to be the big issue!

That's a great idea too.. much similar to the slot system as I suggested before but this one seems even easier to implement, maybe factor it on the basis of bfa/gold.If implemented ,hopefully.. this would encourage small/mid sized players to upgrade and build BFA to cover the excess charms they have and at the same time this would encourage the LBs to gather more charms to reach their full potential so it all gets balanced well.Smart idea tbh...no more stacked accs sitting on max plunder and pretending to be tough if they bring this out lol
-SKyBot-

Postby TheRealDMC-Echo2Charlie on Oct 20 2018, 5:29am

Best solution for a WAR game.

Make charms strippable!

Who cares if the former owners of stripped charms cry? Nice collection you got! Maybe you should be humble with it and not a braggart.

Now HOW would they be strippable? How about you just put a SMALL % of randomness on the Attack and Steal actions that will occasionally have you plunder a piece of equipment? That way it will take persistent dedicated farming of a player to get their collection. 

Also crack down on bots and shared accounts so people just dont sit in pin all the time, everyone should be exposed at some point of the day. None of this merry go round nonsense with people somehow magically being in pin 24/7/365.

Anyway, the above idea would reinvigorate many OSW players because I think it would make everyone on a NEW CHARM LEADERBOARD that should also be released a target, just like the ally leaderboard in OSW.
TheRealDMC-Echo2Charlie

Postby lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI on Oct 21 2018, 1:05am

TheRealDMC-Echo2Charlie wrote:Best solution for a WAR game.

Make charms strippable!

Who cares if the former owners of stripped charms cry? Nice collection you got! Maybe you should be humble with it and not a braggart.

Now HOW would they be strippable? How about you just put a SMALL % of randomness on the Attack and Steal actions that will occasionally have you plunder a piece of equipment? That way it will take persistent dedicated farming of a player to get their collection. 

Also crack down on bots and shared accounts so people just dont sit in pin all the time, everyone should be exposed at some point of the day. None of this merry go round nonsense with people somehow magically being in pin 24/7/365.

Anyway, the above idea would reinvigorate many OSW players because I think it would make everyone on a NEW CHARM LEADERBOARD that should also be released a target, just like the ally leaderboard in OSW.

There is a problem with this:

How will you strip charms off a charmhoarder who already is almost untouchable by the amount of stacked charms he/she already has?

It will lead into the exact other Direction: those who already have huge stacks will rip the rest out of all smalls. In the end the strong will hold all. Going to monopolisation. Just like with money irl 

So at first look Maybe s funny idea.
At Second look just stupid.
lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI

Postby Bachkeda on Oct 28 2018, 1:01am

Bump
Bachkeda

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion