Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby -Genesis- on Oct 14 2018, 10:44am

Faust wrote:Another idea would be to cap charms to a 1:1 ratio to your actual stats. A Hansel such as myself is around is 73m/73m/116b/116b in preconverted stats. This would mean from charms I would get max 73m/73m/116b/116b from them even if I had 200/200/200/200b in charms. If you wanted to take it even further have charms make a 1:1 ratio with your real stats and then on top of it make it ALSO DYNAMIC like in my previous post. This would make charms basically double your stats without breaking the balance completely as BFA would be the only reliable way of getting static for wars and osw.

Bravo. Best solution by far imo
-Genesis-

Postby IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl on Oct 14 2018, 1:30pm

There haven’t been many calls to ban players who have obtained a large show case of charms. However, I would love to see devs simply remove all the charms that have been obtained through charm farm glitches. The devs have done this before when glitches have been discovered and fixed. Even now you can see some people have increased their charm inventories on a near daily basis and judging by the stacks of low level unenchanted charms these charms were obtained from out of control charm farms.
IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl

Postby --Exc3LL3ncY-- on Oct 14 2018, 3:06pm

IKlIIllCIlKlIUIIRIlNlIUIITlISl wrote:There haven’t been many calls to ban players who have obtained a large show case of charms. However, I would love to see devs simply remove all the charms that have been obtained through charm farm glitches. The devs have done this before when glitches have been discovered and fixed. Even now you can see some people have increased their charm inventories on a near daily basis and judging by the stacks of low level unenchanted charms these charms were obtained from out of control charm farms.

Agree punish all those who participated on black market charms trading. Remove all charms to make an example. When players before participated of buying fake nobility. Devs dropped allies of those players not banned. Devs can do the same to this charms exploit.
--Exc3LL3ncY--

Postby B2B-Warrior-B2B on Oct 14 2018, 6:30pm

Release of new lands should be able to balance the game back, when profile strength plus bfa would overtake the charms showcase of most ppl around...
B2B-Warrior-B2B

Postby Karma on Oct 14 2018, 9:04pm

Take away the charms that people have spent thousands on and watch 80% of the ally lb quit. Then watch the game die. How many times do I need to explain that.

New lands will help balance things but not for long, as they will have to create new equipment with stats appropriate for new build stats. And if PvP farms and charm farms are still a thing then new lands won’t matter at all.

Postby DE0XYS on Oct 14 2018, 10:41pm

B2B-Warrior-B2B wrote:Release of new lands should be able to balance the game back, when profile strength plus bfa would overtake the charms showcase of most ppl around...

New lands will not matter when event after event more and more charms are being pumped into the game.

Think of the showcases some accounts will have in 6-12 months. It’ll be a poop show
DE0XYS

Postby xWarRocketAJAXx on Oct 15 2018, 12:33am

"Beyond belief"

Devs rather than take action.... you decide to create a legendary charm to 'exploit' the charms race with a 'tri chest' not understanding that kaw is on the brink of total collapse just taking a short term gain - just brilliant!

Dev you are in total denial and have devolved from Ape to amoeba... take your head out of your....... the sand and act!!

Dev.... OSW and war is still the lifeblood of kaw it drives the desire to grow to get strong to crush your enemies (the scumbags you hate) to grind them into dust.... well you've taken this away by fundamentally changing the way kaw mechanics work with charms, let me spell it out to you as you don't play enough to know why...

Let me give you a history lesson of my build over time it's always consistent so a good benchmark. It used to take two 'troop bars' to virtually pin a equal or bigger opponent back in the day more recent years its taken 3 break down approx like this...

Full bar 20-30% troop winning attacks
Xtal 1 40-60% winning attacks
Xtal 2 80% winning att

Then you can sit high and repin ok

Well today with charms exploit hitting a huge charms acc it takes 5 xtal to pin and its not exponential increasing win % curve its flatline basically every xtal win 5% max attacks only the same every xtal flat line until they're pin even on glitch troops the same win % because the charms power is obscene in relation to build or bfa.

What does this mean??

Well there's no point strip ergo OSW will die (spies will be the same null effect) the desire to teach some dolt a lesson goes and KAW is history folks.

Do you get it?

Kaw will simply die....I can't understate this

Dev you have fundamentally changed the way kaw mechanics works do you understand??

Solution:

Nerf charms to max 20-30% static build base stats equivalent and get on with it. Build and BFA is the way the game has always worked or why bother continue chasing it or new lands?

At every turn in history over the years someone discovered an exploit, kaw has always been this way 'our' game history is littered with it Shadow Hansel as example and honestly it's great fun and will continue to be but this monster is a Kraken... bring out Medusa or were all doomed!!!

Ajax
xWarRocketAJAXx

Postby YA__BlackCenturion__FI on Oct 15 2018, 5:39am

Stop ability to transmute new equipment immediately, while you work on solution devs!
It will take time to design, implement and test a fix. Freezing transmutation of current equipment will do two important things:

First: it will stop abuse and prevent a gap of growing bigger. It will also reduce amount of accounts you eventually affect by applying fix.

Second: it will tell us, you are serious and committed to fixing problem. Fix coming would be a matter of time and it buys you a ton of good will with community and patience with time needed to apply best fix to current imbalance.

This thread is popular and is talked about, even if not everyone posts here. I would not be surprised if there is a crazy dash to hoard as much charms now before they may be nerfed or their functionality reduced. Quick freeze would stop that buying necessary time for consultations and fix application.
YA__BlackCenturion__FI

Postby LordSavan on Oct 15 2018, 6:51am

Karma wrote:Take away the charms that people have spent thousands on and watch 80% of the ally lb quit. Then watch the game die. How many times do I need to explain that.

New lands will help balance things but not for long, as they will have to create new equipment with stats appropriate for new build stats. And if PvP farms and charm farms are still a thing then new lands won’t matter at all.

This may be true, but something needs to happen or everyone besides the ally lb will quit.As they quit, most will sell there charms on the way out. Boom- charm inflation. More charms availble for less as folks cash out, its already happening. Game wont be much fun when all the remaining players are loaded with charms- no one new will ever be competetive, or even have a reason to play.
LordSavan

Postby Resilient_Ish on Oct 15 2018, 7:58am

Support @ Ajax well written!
Resilient_Ish

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion