Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll on Sep 26 2018, 7:35am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:
IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll wrote:The game most definitely needs moderators speaking as a parent some of the things that gets written in wc, walls banners etc I would be horrified if my 12 year old saw any of that (he isn’t allowed to play kaw) yes sometimes things are missed in the wc but can you imagine this game especially without moderators?  no....

Can you answer the question unbiased? You gave an Moderators’ answer. This game is the only one I know that still has mods....all games have the same tou and starting age.
I do understand about your parent statement. That is the parents job to monitor what the child does on line not the mods.

Keep the posts coming guys. We are actually getting different ppl posting.

Well I don’t play any other online games so I’m literally just giving my own personal view in regards to this post, yes it’s a parents job to monitor of course.. But again occasionally things can be missed hence why I feel it IS important to be moderated maybe I would feel the same about other games also who knows
IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 8:03am

Spud you would be the only one that has never sampled any other games during your 5 yrs here. I’ll take your word for it. The only experience you have is this game and you being a mod.

Thanks for you post. I can say yours will be taken in consideration
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 10:57am

I’m still wanting to hear from the community.

Postby T_Bone on Sep 26 2018, 11:11am

Rammy wrote:
Tzshifter wrote:Anyone with a brain who can ready forums would see the mods are always sucking up to the devs even when majority opinion is opposing them on one thing or anyother whether it be new furniture or a new paid event. Rammy is obviously a mod alt

I am a mod alt? Is that because I tore you up? Or is it because I post well? No. I’m not a mod alt, but I appreciate the compliment.

I critiqued your post because it sucked.

Did you read the post on the top of page 2 by 6-inches? He leveled criticisms in an articulate way. It’s like he thought about what he was posting and backed it up with examples, so I left. It alone.

Did i rip apart domo’s post? Nope. Domo posts well, so he has respect.

You, however, are a poster boy for lousy posting, which is why I went after you.

People who can’t think simply troll and insult.

(Sits back and waits for shifter to troll and insult me)

YES MAN!!!

If not a mod alt then mod butt kisser which is worse
T_Bone

Postby Stacy_P on Sep 26 2018, 11:40am

Rammy wrote:The answer to your question depends on what you expect of moderators.
In my opinion, moderators aren’t technically “required”. The game would function with or with out them.
HOWEVER, even though moderators aren’t required, they actually DO make the game better.
Moderators spur on discussion in WC, and are, in my opinion, kind of like face of ATA. They are community standard bearers as well as ATA representatives.
Although moderators can delete threads and silence players, their real value to the game is the public relations that they offer.
Moderators offer what I call a “halo” effect, casting a positive light on a social game.
Now, if you hate mods, then, you can disregard this post out of hand, but, for the most part, moderators are embraced by the majority of the community and they serve their function well.

I agree with Rammy overall on this, I think mods are a face to Ata Kaw in alot of ways, I think as the developers and support team dont have time to tend to alot of the social aspects of the game its good to have those that are willing to take on this task, that can regulate and monitor knowing the rules and standards and holding to that, yet they play the game and get to know the community as well. I also feel they not only represent Ata team but also are able to represent the community to Ata team when needed. In getting to know a few of the mods I have found they are people like us all that have rl, family's, work, and just everyday busy lives but care enough about the game and community to serve it voluntarily in many vaucets. As I feel and in some cases have found they do alot more behind the scenes then I think any of us realize.

I havent played but one other war game and it was a bit different layout and had alot less social aspect to it, so to be able to compare it to kaw would be difficult, plus I wasnt as involved in it either so I wont try to compare.

But, Im glad Kaw holds to standards and their TOU, I do feel mods are a important part of helping to do so as well as help in the other aspects mentioned above!
Stacy_P

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 12:01pm

Well Stacy. We don’t know if mods represent the community to ata yet. We haven’t heard from a majority yet. So far most green,blue and a handful of players. That doesn’t represent the community. The purpose of this thread is to hear from the supposed majority that just love one side or the other.

Your post will be taken in consideration

Thanks

Postby Tzshifter on Sep 26 2018, 12:37pm

T_Bone wrote:
Rammy wrote:
Tzshifter wrote:Anyone with a brain who can ready forums would see the mods are always sucking up to the devs even when majority opinion is opposing them on one thing or anyother whether it be new furniture or a new paid event. Rammy is obviously a mod alt

I am a mod alt? Is that because I tore you up? Or is it because I post well? No. I’m not a mod alt, but I appreciate the compliment.

I critiqued your post because it sucked.

Did you read the post on the top of page 2 by 6-inches? He leveled criticisms in an articulate way. It’s like he thought about what he was posting and backed it up with examples, so I left. It alone.

Did i rip apart domo’s post? Nope. Domo posts well, so he has respect.

You, however, are a poster boy for lousy posting, which is why I went after you.

People who can’t think simply troll and insult.

(Sits back and waits for shifter to troll and insult me)

YES MAN!!!

If not a mod alt then mod butt kisser which is worse
Tzshifter

Postby Tzshifter on Sep 26 2018, 12:39pm

Stacy_P wrote:
Rammy wrote:The answer to your question depends on what you expect of moderators.
In my opinion, moderators aren’t technically “required”. The game would function with or with out them.
HOWEVER, even though moderators aren’t required, they actually DO make the game better.
Moderators spur on discussion in WC, and are, in my opinion, kind of like face of ATA. They are community standard bearers as well as ATA representatives.
Although moderators can delete threads and silence players, their real value to the game is the public relations that they offer.
Moderators offer what I call a “halo” effect, casting a positive light on a social game.
Now, if you hate mods, then, you can disregard this post out of hand, but, for the most part, moderators are embraced by the majority of the community and they serve their function well.

I agree with Rammy overall on this, I think mods are a face to Ata Kaw in alot of ways, I think as the developers and support team dont have time to tend to alot of the social aspects of the game its good to have those that are willing to take on this task, that can regulate and monitor knowing the rules and standards and holding to that, yet they play the game and get to know the community as well. I also feel they not only represent Ata team but also are able to represent the community to Ata team when needed. In getting to know a few of the mods I have found they are people like us all that have rl, family's, work, and just everyday busy lives but care enough about the game and community to serve it voluntarily in many vaucets. As I feel and in some cases have found they do alot more behind the scenes then I think any of us realize.

I havent played but one other war game and it was a bit different layout and had alot less social aspect to it, so to be able to compare it to kaw would be difficult, plus I wasnt as involved in it either so I wont try to compare.

But, Im glad Kaw holds to standards and their TOU, I do feel mods are a important part of helping to do so as well as help in the other aspects mentioned above!

Your defence of the tou just shows how delusional an out of touch you are. It’s common knowledge the tou is regularly abused by the mods because of how much of a gray area the tou is they constantly manipulate it. It’s a common theme you lame ass vk’s and the mods all say the same thing. Are you that afraid of them taking away your vk like they did swabia? You’re a joke
You said a lot of other false things in your post but that would take me too long to argue.
Tzshifter

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 12:44pm

Hey stay on topic. I agree with you shifter but this isn’t the thread to bash. The foremost purpose is to see where the majority is on the subject

Postby Original_Belladonna on Sep 26 2018, 1:15pm

Original_Belladonna wrote:The only purpose they serve is to weed out tickets due to overwhelming “help requests”. People ask mods about gameplay instead of going to the ticket system. It’s a way to brush off some of the responsibility. Nothing more.

I’m going to reiterate that again because it seems as if it’s been skipped over.

Things that the developers don’t have time for, for example: a player asking how to trade something or where the mage is at, they turn that responsibility over to the moderators to answer those questions. They also expect player mods to be unbiased when asserting punishment for violations that are vague and/or unnecessary. So, by placing responsibility on select players, ones that have a bit more authority and can punish at will, they have created their scapegoat. I understand moderators are real people, but that does not excuse some of the behavior many players have experienced from the select moderators.

They don’t really serve a purpose other than keeping vulgarity and bullying/bashing in check and to answer questions that any regular player could do if we weren’t so limited with speakers. So nearly no purpose whatsoever.
Original_Belladonna

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion