Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby LMABAO on Sep 25 2018, 8:00pm

We do need moderators. This a game that allows children to play from the age of 9. And although there’s a report option it won’t always get used when needed. I do think ATA needs to find a better way of selecting mods though as some have used their power for personal gains and are shown favoritism when they should have been punished for whatever infraction they committed.
LMABAO
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Jan 20 2013, 3:10pm

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby THE-GUY on Sep 25 2018, 8:39pm

They should have a Head Moderator to keep an eye out for the other mods if they abuse their responsibility
THE-GUY
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Feb 27 2018, 4:53pm

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll on Sep 25 2018, 11:42pm

The game most definitely needs moderators speaking as a parent some of the things that gets written in wc, walls banners etc I would be horrified if my 12 year old saw any of that (he isn’t allowed to play kaw) yes sometimes things are missed in the wc but can you imagine this game especially without moderators?  no....
User avatar
IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll
Moderator
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Feb 10 2013, 5:10am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby XX__HyPe_BeAsT__XX on Sep 26 2018, 12:28am

IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll wrote:The game most definitely needs moderators speaking as a parent some of the things that gets written in wc, walls banners etc I would be horrified if my 12 year old saw any of that (he isn’t allowed to play kaw) yes sometimes things are missed in the wc but can you imagine this game especially without moderators?  no....


By this logic, why has ATA then avoided mods in all their latest games? The report button seems to do a much better job and guess what? It's unbiased and objective, because the person at the other end is an ATA employee and doesn't play the game they moderate.. Which ensures fairness.

Simple. The mod program was a bad idea, players cannot stay objective and police the very player base they play the game with.
We've seen a ton of mods abuse their powers and do a whole lot of damage to kaw. Heck, one of our ex mods even ran an account selling store lol.

I believe my post (first post) on page 2 sums it up.
ATA wised up and phased out the moderator program on their newer games and those games are all the better for it.
XX__HyPe_BeAsT__XX
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Oct 31 2010, 12:31pm

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby Dave on Sep 26 2018, 12:41am

I would like to think that the social aspect of this game does need to be moderated.

I don't think that moderators abuse the powers as they are governed by the same rules as everyone else.

I do understand that this is a war game and sometimes we are at war with eachother from time to time.

However being a moderator I signed up to be impartial so I keep my pvp and war aspect seperate from myself being a moderator.

I can attack people no problem that does not mean that I would avoid helping any member in KAW including those that are on the opposite side of war.

I personally would not avoid helping anyone thats what I signed up to do. Thats what I will remain doing.

Moderation of public forums is just a small part of the moderators role, we are here to help everyone regardless of circumstances.

If any player feels treated unfairly by a mod then you can also inform devs and they will listen and act accordingly.

Somethings are not moderated like PM, CC so what happens there is private.

Looking at other games with zero moderation it seems that the social aspect is completly different to this in kaw.

We have a responsibility 100% and power should not be abused by anyone. However devs do have logs of our actions and can see what happens with ease. We do make mistakes but I would like to think we own up to them. We also learn something new on a daily basis. We dont always get it right but thats human nature.

I feel that the comunity do have a massive influence in this game after all with out it we have no game.

We can not please everyone. If you ever want help I am a PM away, if I dont have you in PM then I have a wall. If I block you we have other mods there is always someone to help. The same can not be said for other games.

Great topic Domo!
User avatar
Dave
Moderator
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Jan 3 2013, 11:39am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 2:49am

IlISIIIPllIlUIIlIDllll wrote:The game most definitely needs moderators speaking as a parent some of the things that gets written in wc, walls banners etc I would be horrified if my 12 year old saw any of that (he isn’t allowed to play kaw) yes sometimes things are missed in the wc but can you imagine this game especially without moderators?  no....


Can you answer the question unbiased? You gave an Moderators’ answer. This game is the only one I know that still has mods....all games have the same tou and starting age.
I do understand about your parent statement. That is the parents job to monitor what the child does on line not the mods.

Keep the posts coming guys. We are actually getting different ppl posting.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby Original_Belladonna on Sep 26 2018, 4:35am

Dave wrote:I don't think that moderators abuse the powers as they are governed by the same rules as everyone else.

I do understand that this is a war game and sometimes we are at war with eachother from time to time.

However being a moderator I signed up to be impartial so I keep my pvp and war aspect seperate from myself being a moderator.






Per Domo’s OP, this right here is why the player aspect shouldn’t be intertwined with moderation.
Last edited by Original_Belladonna on Sep 26 2018, 4:37am, edited 1 time in total.
Original_Belladonna
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Nov 25 2017, 3:22am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 4:37am

Dave wrote:I would like to think that the social aspect of this game does need to be moderated.

I don't think that moderators abuse the powers as they are governed by the same rules as everyone else.

I do understand that this is a war game and sometimes we are at war with eachother from time to time.

However being a moderator I signed up to be impartial so I keep my pvp and war aspect seperate from myself being a moderator.

I can attack people no problem that does not mean that I would avoid helping any member in KAW including those that are on the opposite side of war.

I personally would not avoid helping anyone thats what I signed up to do. Thats what I will remain doing.

Moderation of public forums is just a small part of the moderators role, we are here to help everyone regardless of circumstances.

If any player feels treated unfairly by a mod then you can also inform devs and they will listen and act accordingly.

Somethings are not moderated like PM, CC so what happens there is private.

Looking at other games with zero moderation it seems that the social aspect is completly different to this in kaw.

We have a responsibility 100% and power should not be abused by anyone. However devs do have logs of our actions and can see what happens with ease. We do make mistakes but I would like to think we own up to them. We also learn something new on a daily basis. We dont always get it right but thats human nature.

I feel that the comunity do have a massive influence in this game after all with out it we have no game.

We can not please everyone. If you ever want help I am a PM away, if I dont have you in PM then I have a wall. If I block you we have other mods there is always someone to help. The same can not be said for other games.

Great topic Domo!


Thanks Dave

I can find fault in everything you posted here, but I really need the more community input on this topic. It’s fine that the mods are some what posting their reasons why kaw needs them.
Again I need more community input. I’ve heard the copy paste from the mods in every thread.

Thanks for the post though.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby Dave on Sep 26 2018, 5:10am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:
Dave wrote:I would like to think that the social aspect of this game does need to be moderated.

I don't think that moderators abuse the powers as they are governed by the same rules as everyone else.

I do understand that this is a war game and sometimes we are at war with eachother from time to time.

However being a moderator I signed up to be impartial so I keep my pvp and war aspect seperate from myself being a moderator.

I can attack people no problem that does not mean that I would avoid helping any member in KAW including those that are on the opposite side of war.

I personally would not avoid helping anyone thats what I signed up to do. Thats what I will remain doing.

Moderation of public forums is just a small part of the moderators role, we are here to help everyone regardless of circumstances.

If any player feels treated unfairly by a mod then you can also inform devs and they will listen and act accordingly.

Somethings are not moderated like PM, CC so what happens there is private.

Looking at other games with zero moderation it seems that the social aspect is completly different to this in kaw.

We have a responsibility 100% and power should not be abused by anyone. However devs do have logs of our actions and can see what happens with ease. We do make mistakes but I would like to think we own up to them. We also learn something new on a daily basis. We dont always get it right but thats human nature.

I feel that the comunity do have a massive influence in this game after all with out it we have no game.

We can not please everyone. If you ever want help I am a PM away, if I dont have you in PM then I have a wall. If I block you we have other mods there is always someone to help. The same can not be said for other games.

Great topic Domo!


Thanks Dave

I can find fault in everything you posted here, but I really need the more community input on this topic. It’s fine that the mods are some what posting their reasons why kaw needs them.
Again I need more community input. I’ve heard the copy paste from the mods in every thread.

Thanks for the post though.


You are welcome, to be fair I am also interested in the opinions of the wider community because it does seem that there is room for improvement. Maybe we can bridge the gap between mods and our player base.
User avatar
Dave
Moderator
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Jan 3 2013, 11:39am

Re: Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Sep 26 2018, 5:32am

LMABAO wrote:We do need moderators. This a game that allows children to play from the age of 9. And although there’s a report option it won’t always get used when needed. I do think ATA needs to find a better way of selecting mods though as some have used their power for personal gains and are shown favoritism when they should have been punished for whatever infraction they committed.


9 yr old starting age is something of concern, but that’s the parents job to monitor what online games those kids play. Easy you just share the Apple ID so everything they download also downloads on parents phone.
I completely agree with the selection process for mods. It’s basically answering questions in essay form at least it was in the past. I have also witnessed the behaviors and cover ups that’s caused for your concerns. Past and now the present. I believe it is hard for a mod to walk that player mod line. They already have a “team leader”.....it’s a dev. Seems that something needs addressed there.

But any who great post. Keep it coming.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests