Do Moderators really serve a purpose or are they out dated?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Domo, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idk why you think me calling you a mods alt is a compliment LOL and you didn’t tear me up. You used a baseless argument where I provided facts. Stop trying to derail this thread thanks mod alt!

2. Mods, are players they often help the comunity behind the scenes and in public forums.

It's funny how you can slam them for voluntary helping out. This age rating of this game seems to warrant some form of moderation otherwise the public forums such as world Chat, forums would be carnage without some type of moderation. You mention games that your able to use curse words in public channels and seem to justify them having no moderation and accept its ok to allow people to read things that I for one would not Allow my child to read. This post seems to be a mod bashing thread rather than gathering opinions.

Regardless of personal issues you and others may have the fact is you can pm a mod for help, advise and even comunicate to the devs Via them.

World chat gets ugly for example yet you feel thats ok.

Now what are mods jobs. They are there to help kaw and do the job well without asking for anything in return.

Why I see you post constantly slandering and derailing everything your little thumbs touch you seem to think that mods are a personal issue to you.

They help many players and will also help you. They understand the game and rules of forums and tou.

They also are impartial regardless of what you believe. If you consistently slam them its perhaps you are the one with the problem because you are just one out of thousands of accounts that see them as negative. Maybe look for the positives and create a balance.

There is no need to be a troll in a game, enjoy it for what it is. The social aspect of this game needs to be moderated so just deal with it. Attention seeking childish behaviour is why we have a mod team. Yes people like you that think dropping the curse bomb is cool are the reason for moderation.

You often moan about how many forum post people have. You only agree with your select few that befriend you. Maybe you are actually wrong about things.

Just accept it or unistall kaw. Give people a chance to speak and atleast support kaw rather than being a thorn and just annoy the masses.

3. Does this also apply to ATA’s other games? Because moderation is needed desperately in one I’ve previously mentioned. You’d think the moderation is the same level, no?

4. So KOH has different realms, Would be hard to moderate them all.

PiMd has Mods..

Smash Closed.

Perfect Drift closed

Gangs at war Closed.

Only one game has no mods but the platform would be tough to set a team imo.

5. This is definetly an interesting and relevant topic. Thanks for bringing it up, Domo!

I agree with what some here said, it's a risk from the developer's side having the moderator program, and that's probbaly why they have taken in out of their newest games. They do not have a guarantee that the mod powers will be used in the right way. With that said, I do believe we and ATA would soon notice if someone was to abuse their powers, with the communication there is between the players, mods and ATA. I'm proud of the current mod team in KaW, and think it works great. If you, however, should experience a moderator abusing their powers it's important that you contact support.

While players can contact support about people breaking ToU or report wc/forum posts, support won't be able to be on all the time throughtout a day. Moderators from different timezones can, and will be able to stop an action before it gets any worse. Moderators are players with a good knowledge of the rules, and will be able to quickly deal with the matter.

As several of you already have pointed out, the moderators serve more purpose than just banning/silencing players. They're able to help players and answer questions, decreasing the work for support. Most moderators do play the game on a daily basis, and interact with the other players, and can therefore pass on feedback to the developers and inform about other changes that the community want. Throughout a direct communication line with the developers we're able to give them the player perspective of things.

All in all I believe that the moderator program is a good thing. Of course not without it flaws - we're only humans afterall. Any feedback on what we can do better is always welcome. :)

6. Kaw doesn’t need mods.

7. Well look who didn’t read the op. This is not a bash thread so I insist that you don’t bash here frank. That being said

Age rating of this game is no different than the other games and those don’t have mods. It’s self moderated. I’ve helped in that department. When I see inappropriate posts in public I report it, even if it gets a warning. Saw 2 warnings last night that I called out and had to report. My kids don’t play this game. I won’t allow it. Since you are not bias ( yeah right) maybe you should apply for mod. You’d fit right in. Game experiences does not come down to “ just deal with it “. Sorry.

I disagree with you on everything in your post but thank you for your post. You so far are in the minority’s line of thinking.

8. Thanks for the post op, I will point out a few things, even stated on this thread.

A few of us have a busy life and sometimes we cannot always be on to moderate kaw, with that we do have quite a large group of moderators around the world but sometimes, we have those times when there is actually none active, either sleeping or busy with work.

We do this volunteering we do not get paid for this at all, we do this cause we want to, we care for the community that has young kids playing which we try to keep the game clean for.

Other games do not require moderation at all, in fact as many said there’s a report button.

But with that being said, who knows how many reports get sent daily to the stuff at ata?

We report bugs we find, we catch out players abusing the system like botting or making a clan full of alts which’s gets noticed straight away and action is then taken.

When it comes to OSW we do balance things out and not side with anyone when it comes to war that’s how we are, if there is moderators that do this then please report them, osw should not effect our moderation, we should silence both sides of the war if a violation happens.

Yes sometimes moderators are fully hated cause we have the ability to clear banners, silence people, forum ban people etc, but we do not abuse this, if you believe someone’s abusing their power, talk to them besides taking this on a public channel which is actually against the ToU by the way if you intend to attack a moderator.

Every moderators action, post is always reviewed without us knowing to see if we are doing the right thing, as it’s been mentioned, we are the face of ATA.

We have people coming to us for advise on what to do, if they are upset, suicidal or just want to vent we are here for them, we may not always be visible on wc cause we lurk, we try to keep things calm and peaceful for our public channels.

Other games have been reported that people kill themselves cause there is no moderation there to help them, we want to prevent this as suicide is not the answer.

We have family’s, we have friends, we have Foes, it’s just part of the moderation world really.

If people do not want to get silenced then follow up on the rules besides attacking us cause we are doing our jobs, to prevent filth being posted here.

This thread will stay open unless accusations happens or attacks, this is a topic that we want to see what people think of moderators and their feedback.

9. Are you really trying to say you mods help prevent suicides? WOW

10. Ok I completely disagree with everything
    Except that I want to keep this thread open for the same reason.

So far your post is the only one way way way out there but it’s good to have that type of post. Also please watch how you warn the community about what you are going to do if this isn’t to your liking. You are kind of killing your case Thank you.

11. KaW is something of a police state. With all of the rules and strict public conversation topics , i think it is fitting that we have a green army constantly watching our every move.

12. Killing the case? Care to explain? A few years ago we were more strict with the rules and silencing, now the developers have informed us to warn more often to our users which we have been doing so, if you believe someone is abusing their powers please open a ticket with evidence, no evidence and then posting your thoughts about attacking a moderator on forums or wc wokt be tolerated.

As I stated in my previous post, we are here for feedback and to keep things positive, we have players that love to bring negativity to kaw so we try to convert that to positive.

13. Eagle I disagree but stop attacking me about your super powers or be asked to leave.

Otherwise thank you for the post. We will try to think positive about that last one. Thanks

14. Thank you for bringing up this post, Domo!

Before I answer your question, I'd first like to share my experiences and feelings towards moderators in the game!

During my Kaw-reer of 2013-2014, when I first get to know about
    moderators in-game as well as the rapid silences popping in the world chat in and about, for example:

**UPDATE** A player has been silenced for 24 hours.

Back in those years, I imagine moderators as The Police! Just like you see someone stealing a toy from ToysAreUs and got caught and reported to police, the moderators are there to silence players who, indeed, break the Terms of Use, Rules of Conduct without reasonable doubt! And from there I have already learned from them to behave well in real life when I see everyone there as well!

I have established great friendships with YA-_Eagle_-FI, Titan_God, Kezzer and Daphnia (who retired) myself. I would like to note however, that doesn't mean I am affiliated with them. But that just shows more evidence in my eyes that mods do more than just that! They are willing to walk the extra mile to help players answer their questions, respond to them with kindness, clarify things with them and a lot more!

I have never seen any
    moderator abuse their powers before, except one in Dec 29, 2014. Even then they apologized for their wrong doings!

I guess learning from how
    moderators work and learning from the TOU and ROC is partly the reason why I have never been silenced or forum banned before! I'm still glad I have a completely clean record of myself in terms of Kingdoms At War here!

My sentiments exactly! Nick35! It is a good thing though! I love it! That's why I can say it, we have the best moderator team there is! :D

If there is no
    moderators the world chat and forums will likely stand a much higher risk to be bombarded with negative content(and I mean not in a constructive and respectful manner) by players who love bashing other players emotionally! Even if they do learn, where will the players find new friends and emotional support then? Especially if their families are not understanding and emotionally supportive of them enough!

15. No ones attacking you at all and I have been on topic so you cannot ask someone to leave if they are on topic unless the moderators or devs ask otherwise, you wanted everyone’s opinions, we have posted ours, so hopefully people see through our eyes as well.

16. Always so positive! That’s the way.

17. Stay positive or you’ll be locked, Domo. You know how it is. You can’t post anything negative because someone will always take offense. Prime example above. It is what it is. The only purpose they serve is to weed out tickets due to overwhelming “help requests”. People ask mods about gameplay instead of going to the ticket system. It’s a way to brush off some of the responsibility. Nothing more.

18. Moderators are real professional. They warn you about a super vague gray area of the tou(most of the tou) in wc as a “warning” and then a few minutes later they silence you. The professionalism from the non-paid mods is awesome. 5/5 stars!

19. Sir, sir!
    Me better stay out of this thread if this continues to happen!!

A warning which is good enough to imprint one's mind a great reminder of the DO's and DON'T's in Kingdoms At War! Hahaha! I learn the gray area of TOU from self-observation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.