Books. Do you Read?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Immaculate_Heeze-Echo3Kilo, May 31, 2018.

1. Title says it. Do you read? If you do what kind of books?

I myself read personal development. Anyone else?

If so any recommendations?

2. Thank God, I thought it'd be another poem

3. I can’t read

4. Sci-fi and books that go into great depth about one particular scientific development or historical event. I've found I really like books that take one glazed-over or less-known scientific achievement and go into excruciating detail about it.

5. Must reads:

On the road
    Razor’s Edge
    Babbit
    Animal farm
    Clockwork orange
    Walden pond
    Naked lunch
    Tao of Pooh
    Jonathan Livingston Seagull
    Not fade away
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance
    One flew over the cuckoos nest
    Even cowgirls get the blues

Mindless pleasure:

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy/Dirk Gently
    Malazan Empire Series
    Steven Brust series
    Black company series
    Robert Jordan series
    Dresden series

6. Oooh, I loved razors edge. It resonated with me a lot in highschool. It seems to be highly underrated, I rarely find it on "must read books" lists. I agree with a lot of the others listed too, but razors edge stands out as being--sadly--a little less known.

7. Dune series
    Lotr (basic I know)
    Any Clifford Sinai
    Sword of shannarah is an easier read
    I read excuslively sci fi and fantasy and preferably older stuff rather than newer.

8. Clifford d simak

9. Isaac Asimov's foundation series.
    I've read it five times now.

I started reading a collection of fiction about Johannes Cabal. It's dark humour but I actually caught myself laughing out loud while reading. It's v written by Johnathan L. Howard.
    Steampunk science fiction.

10. I just started the first foundation a couple weeks ago, I'll have to fly through it tonight

11. To Kill a Mockingbird
    Les Miserables

12. I really like the epic books by Ken Follet: Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. His recent trilogy spanning the 20th Century was also pretty amazing.

My favourite book is probably The Physician by Noah Gordon. AMAZING!

Ah! And who can forget The River God by Wilbur Smith. Oh my word! What a great book!!! A must read!!!

I’m hooked on Ryu Murakami books at the moment. My favourite so far is Coin Locker Babies.

A book that made me LOL quite a bit but requires an open mind as it’s written in a made up language that you’ll be fluent in by the time you’ve finished is A Clockwork Orange.

13. I enjoy non-fiction books. I typically read two or three books at a time. I’m kind of scatter brain like that.

I’m currently reading a book about Japanese maples by J.D. Vertrees, a book about koi fish “The cult of the koi” which is essentially an encyclopedia, a book called “The Wizard of Ads” by Roy H. Williams and The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham.

If you enjoy non-fiction, check out a book about Vegas sports betting and super computers. It’s called “The Smart Money: How the World's Best Sports Bettors Beat the Bookies Out of Millions” by Michael Konik.

Forgot you can’t use an ampersand in these forums.

14. Chronicles of Nick and Dark Hunters Series are 

15. The Alchemist.

16. I read the skulduggery series

17. You are special no matter how the author categorizes you.....remember that.

18. I read about 4 books at a time as well. What do you think of it? A lot of opinions go back and forth on it.

19. You're all awesome, you guys and gals read!! How many use the library?

20. Retaining the information isn’t a problem. The only issue for me is sometimes I don’t finish a book I start. However, I’d attribute that to losing interest in the book for whatever reason.

And yes, I do use the library on occasion. I do prefer buying however due to my reading habits already mentioned.