Books. Do you Read?

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Books. Do you Read?

Postby Family on May 31 2018, 7:12pm

To Kill a Mockingbird
Les Miserables
Family

Postby Pingu on May 31 2018, 9:57pm

I really like the epic books by Ken Follet: Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. His recent trilogy spanning the 20th Century was also pretty amazing.

My favourite book is probably The Physician by Noah Gordon. AMAZING!

Ah! And who can forget The River God by Wilbur Smith. Oh my word! What a great book!!! A must read!!!

I’m hooked on Ryu Murakami books at the moment. My favourite so far is Coin Locker Babies.

A book that made me LOL quite a bit but requires an open mind as it’s written in a made up language that you’ll be fluent in by the time you’ve finished is A Clockwork Orange.
Pingu

Postby ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS on Jun 1 2018, 12:49am

I enjoy non-fiction books. I typically read two or three books at a time. I’m kind of scatter brain like that.

I’m currently reading a book about Japanese maples by J.D. Vertrees, a book about koi fish “The cult of the koi” which is essentially an encyclopedia, a book called “The Wizard of Ads” by Roy H. Williams and The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham.

If you enjoy non-fiction, check out a book about Vegas sports betting and super computers. It’s called “The Smart Money: How the World's Best Sports Bettors Beat the Bookies Out of Millions” by Michael Konik.

Forgot you can’t use an ampersand in these forums.
Last edited by ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS on Jun 1 2018, 8:33am, edited 1 time in total.
ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS

Postby Kakashi37 on Jun 1 2018, 2:30am

Chronicles of Nick and Dark Hunters Series are 
Kakashi37

Postby -Yukii on Jun 1 2018, 2:57am

The Alchemist.
-Yukii

Postby iG_Bachkeda_iG on Jun 1 2018, 3:35am

I read the skulduggery series
iG_Bachkeda_iG

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Jun 1 2018, 4:41am

Immaculate_Heeze wrote:Title says it. Do you read? If you do what kind of books?

I myself read personal development. Anyone else?

If so any recommendations?

You are special no matter how the author categorizes you.....remember that.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby Immaculate_Heeze on Jun 1 2018, 7:42am

ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS wrote:I enjoy non-fiction books. I typically read two or three books at a time. I’m kind of scatter brain like that.

I’m currently reading a book about Japanese maples by J.D. Vertrees, a book about koi fish “The cult of the koi” which is essentially an encyclopedia, a book called “The Wizard of Ads” by Roy H. Williams and am currently reading The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham to my three month old son.

If you enjoy non-fiction, check out a book about Vegas sports betting

I read about 4 books at a time as well. What do you think of it? A lot of opinions go back and forth on it.
Immaculate_Heeze

Postby Immaculate_Heeze on Jun 1 2018, 7:42am

You're all awesome, you guys and gals read!! How many use the library?
Immaculate_Heeze

Postby ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS on Jun 1 2018, 8:40am

Immaculate_Heeze wrote:
ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS wrote:I enjoy non-fiction books. I typically read two or three books at a time. I’m kind of scatter brain like that.

I’m currently reading a book about Japanese maples by J.D. Vertrees, a book about koi fish “The cult of the koi” which is essentially an encyclopedia, a book called “The Wizard of Ads” by Roy H. Williams and am currently reading The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham to my three month old son.

If you enjoy non-fiction, check out a book about Vegas sports betting

I read about 4 books at a time as well. What do you think of it? A lot of opinions go back and forth on it.

Retaining the information isn’t a problem. The only issue for me is sometimes I don’t finish a book I start. However, I’d attribute that to losing interest in the book for whatever reason.

And yes, I do use the library on occasion. I do prefer buying however due to my reading habits already mentioned.
ISS_The_DirtyDugan_ISS

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion