KaWmunity Attitude Adjustment

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by IlSlIPII-SavagePug-IlSlIPII, May 11, 2018.

1. Although i was not here during the initial drop of the game, i started playing KaW almost 8 years ago. Over the course of that time i have seen many different things occur in KaW. One of the most concerning however, is not the fact that there are a lack of new players, but rather the attitude of vet players have become negative and rude.

Of course this is a war game, there is war, and there are PvP events, OSW, PvE; but regardless people have become negative of the game. It doesn’t take long for someone to see just how negative KaW has become. People are angry with the devs, constantly discussing how the games dead, or dying. Whens the last time the KaWmunity genuinely gave the devs credit for their work?

In another thread i discussed how our behavior poorly impacts the willingness of the developers to work hard to create new content. How willing, let alone excited would you be to incorporate the wishes of players in a game you ran if people only ever complained constantly? Take a second and think about how you would feel if you went to your job, worked on creating content for a base of people. Being proud of your work, putting it out and get nothing but angry comments from the player base. The KaWmunity has become greedy and has taken the developers for granted. When the charm problem occurred and they finally fixed people complained about the pet looking ugly, wanted more compensation and bashed the devs for being incompetent. OF COURSE they are going to respond to people complaining about their product. Just like any other organization in the world. If you dropped a product and received complaints about something not working, you’re going to assume user error and stick to protecting your corporation. People make mistakes, at least they fixed it.

The game is indeed in need of new content, but the current content is still good content. B2B events weekly is an easy thing yes, but it creates continual growth in the game. People complain the devs are money hungry; then stop buying nobs and xstals and just hit ebs and grow from rewards from the event. The developers have a wide spread base of player needs. This game has many functions, OSW, PvE, PvP, all of these aspects directly meet different player needs. The only reason people feel the devs are money hungry is because they can’t buy as many seals as some people. If NK required lets say 5 seals, what would change? Seal drops from the top 10,50,100 side of events would decrease. People would still buy seals and run them just as fast. If anything people would just grow even faster, in order to create a premium growth eb that meets the needs of players who are play to win it has to be expensive. If it wasn’t all you’d see was an even larger divide among small and lb players.

As a KaWmunity we need to change our attitude about the game. If you can’t, then leave the game. Of course there are mistakes, but the mods of KaW are advocates of the player base. Have an idea? Make a forum, gets ignored? Look at your idea and keep changing it to fit into the game until the devs see it. Who cares if it’s not implemented? Keep trying, the devs pay more attention than people think. Maybe we should give them a reason to actually adhere to the players wishes by treating them with respect for change.

2. Lmao is this bc of the event thread? This game sucks and the devs refuse to fix it. Its a sucky game, a sucky product and devs wont do anything. They dont deserve money nor a good attitude.

Also, I play this bc I have old friends. No other reason. This game had gone to hell and the only reason you play is bc you have the money/time to make it enjoyable without connections/old friends

4. Well a lot of people seem to feel the same way about the game...maybe if someone is giving the advice to everyone else to delete their games and leave. Maybe everyone else shouldnt delete their games and leave. Maybe there is another problem.

5. exactly

6. I’m not saying people should just delete game if they think there’s a problem. I am saying if they aren’t willing to try and change it why stay and play. This game is still a good game, the only thing i’m suggesting is that people need to become more positive.

7. Again, i am not saying there are not multiple problems at play. What i am saying is we as a KaWmunity need to do a better job being positive.

8. These issues have been going on for years. You should be able to see that if you choose to see the “negativity”. Maybe look and see why people are upset that nothing changes, and then address it. If this wasn’t a constant, yearly issue, people wouldn’t have to exclaim that the game sucks or it’s dying. How can the player base just accept these flaws and move on? They can’t, especially when some spend money on this game.

9. People have a reason to be negative and rude imo to the devs they pay money for them to not fix anything when it breaks. The way I see it they have basically abandoned this and pimd they are only working on koh. So basically people are spending money on a game or 2 games that dont work properly only for them to put that money into a different game. Just look how long it took them to fix charms lol ridiculous.

10. You got that the wrong way round dude 

11. I’ll be posting on this later how this entire OP post is dead wrong but im busy atm

12. Lol yep

13. I look forward to it

14. I used to be quite negative about ATA when I was still in Uni. It's easy to get negative when you see the lack of updates and fixes on KaW.

I've spent the last 8 months working in the gaming industry, from an intern to a junior dev and whilst I mostly only code(C#/Unity/AS3/Php), it certainly has given me a lot of insight into game designing and the elements required to run / create a game.

Most of what the community assumes to be right or wrong with KaW isn't as simple as that. As an end user, players lack the insight to truly understand what goes on behind the scenes with ATA... Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting ATA here. They're as inept as it comes but a huge reason for that is because they are a startup. Startups have limited resources and assign them to the highest priority / ROI.

Imagine you had one game running and another in the works and a 15 man team to work on both. Purely hypothetical. You'd have game design, logic and mech design, artwork(major component), UX/UI/FTUE design, QA(Quality Assurance), playtesting and level balancing, audio design, front/back end code, framework design and other code to deal with along with a lot more departments like legal and more.

There's so many components to these games, so you can see a startup like ATA has very limited resources and has to prioritise.

I posted about it on MadMatt's continuous events thread. I believe that explains my point in detail there.

I've seen games with brilliant concepts that have died out in a year or less. KaW has survived for nearly a decade. That's a feat in itself and no.. KaW's longevity is mainly because of the player base. ATA got lucky with KaW, they got a solid player base. Some players retire, some come back eventually. It's been enough to keep it going. Most of us don't play because KaW has engrossing gameplay but for the people and the bonds we've made here..that is where ATA got lucky. The core player base that formed these bonds with their fellow players that makes them stick around. Safe to say, none of us are sticking around because ATA has been rolling out great updates. ATA struck gold with this player base, their ineptitude at running the game is a whole other story lol.

Do we need to be positive? I do think people need to be realistic and not expect much from ATA. They are a business at the end of the day.

If they have X resources and y time for KaW, they work on what they think would bring maximum player engagement or ROI. Like the charms update. That has kept most of us busy for the last half year.

They don't have the resources to work on everything that's wrong with KaW. Keep in mind that their current priority is Heckfire. Most of the dev team is working on that, from a game development standpoint they have done well with Heckfire. It's modeled around the gacha system that all top games use with a lot of smart features that exploit behavioural economics and loss aversion.

15. We have tried. How many threads on bug fixes, event suggestions, player retention, etc do you need to see before you cut this belief that the player base is upset for no reason?

16. Imo the person lots of players are mad because devs don't listen, they do not add things we request, we are the players, we fund this game, they should take our requests seriously and incorporate them.

Of course players won't be happy when they add things that have nothing to do with what we requested.

ATA has what 2 devs on this game and 1 support person?? I remember when their used to be so so many more. They dropped production for this game. And they do what they see statisticly is working eb events.

17. Negative vibes kill the new player base. Believe it or not KaW still gets a decent amount of new users. Most quit because of a lack of good starter clans and mentors and the player base HATES on the game literally all the time on any form of public chat. It’s ridiculous. Positivity will either help this game and the devs or at worst keep more than the 5-15% of the new player base coming in.

18. Attitude adjustment? John Cena would do the trick ;)

19. Maybe i need to discuss a few different things in my original post. I am not saying that the developers are not doing anything wrong. I never stated that; and if i did i will change it. I am purely stating that the atmosphere on KaW has become far too negative. Be upset? Sure, go ahead, that doesn’t mean you have to constantly be negative while on KaW though.

The negative atmosphere is un-appealing to new players and those who want to use KaW as a hobby to get away from their IRL negativities.

20. Please then, tell me how always demanding the devs give us more free things is not taking advantage of them? I can’t even count how many times i’v played other games that had down-time and had 0 compensation. People are always wanting more and more from them.