MGTD - The Results 2018

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moody, Apr 22, 2018.

1. A Massive Thank You!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who entered this Make a Good Thread Day! It wouldn’t have been possible without the excellent time, creativity and talents of so many of our community coming together to spark some debate and chats in these forums.

I, personally, am immensely grateful for any player that posted a thread and every player that responded to one. This community is truly a special one and I am very proud of all us.

[title2]The Contenders[/title2]

Below are every single thread that was entered into this year’s competition. An archive and table of contents of the creativity and effort applied by these excellent players. In no particular order...:

Kezarah - Kezarah's Kafe - The Nom Nom Stop [MGTD]

Mami - [MGTD] Wars {Remembrance}

Static - [MGTD] Girl Fails

Jedi-Maestro - [MGTD] Days of Yore

Kasama - Entry for [MGTD]— unfortunately Kasama’s second thread did not count as it was a second entry and was after the time limit, though a very interesting thread!

d-_-b_STu-_-PiDDaSSo_d-_- - [MGTD]Another Day in the life of the wandering villager

-X-roni-X- - [MGTD] No Holds Barred

___--Xplicit-_-Tr1pX____-- - [MGTD] Merge Wars

Radagast - KAW Sudoku {MGTD}

x_x - [MGTD] Where am I?

-SC-_Ryder_-SC- - [MGTD] Leadership

Belladonna - Hmm [MGTD]

Sizzlebeef - [MGTD] How to deal with people you don’t like

Lonesong - Brannyn

Lady__Ragsdale - [MGTD] Kaw Village

DE0XYS - [MGTD] DE0XYS’ Charm collection agency

tRoUbLeD_JZKILLA92_aka_BOBCAT - CATS AT WAR

[title2]Honourable Mentions[/title2]

The below threads are all ones that were considered by the judges as possible winners. They were close and there was some intense debate amongst us all about the final three and these didn’t quite make the cut. We hope you continue to write excellent threads and we look forward (and so does the entire community) to what comes next!

Static - [MGTD] Girl Fails

Jedi-Maestro - [MGTD] Days of Yore

Lonesong - [MGTD] Brannyn

-SC-_Ryder_-SC- - [MGTD] Leadership

Belladonna - Hmm [MGTD]

The Results.

In ascending order...

In Third Place:

[title2]___--Xplicit-_-Tr1pX____--[/title2]

A way of increasing wars, increasing clan camaraderie and with little to input from devs? Win! A very creative idea well written and clearly explained. The judges look forward to seeing how players use this and see the drama as it unfolds! We would love to see this continued, especially if there was someone who wanted to coordinate it so we can see some of these in action! Kudos to you!

You win 3 Crystals!

In Second Place:

[title2]Radagast[/title2]

Radagast has excelled with this unique and genuinely wonderful idea. They have managed to combine features of kaw with outside games to stimulate the community. Finding a use for these darned tokens is nothing short of genius. The judges (and, admittedly, I) have enjoyed this process to become the sudoku champion. We are waiting for the results of this but we request that if you complete the hard one never share it (it has completely stumped Dave and I’m loving that). Well done for a truly wonderful and creative thread - we all look forward to seeing more versions!

You win 3 Premium Event Boxes, 3 Premium Keys to open them AND 3 Crystals!

In First Place:

[title2]d-_-b_STu-_-PiDDaSSo_d-_-b[/title2]

This thread deserves its win due to being a well written, kaw themed thread with humour. It was a wonderful homage to the original thread and thread writing of a few years ago which made these forums vibrant. This is one of the best examples of a mechanic-based fan fiction thread seen here for many a year and full credit goes to d-_-b_STu-_-PiDDaSSo_d-_-b

You win a Seal of the Damned AND 3 Crystals!

Amazing work by all three of you!

Commiserations to all the other entrants, there’s always next time for prizes but the judges and I want thank you all again for your effort that you’ve put into this competition.

Dave, Maikkie, Moody, Spud and Thrawn ️

2. Bump to AT

3. Congratulations to the winners! And the other who didn’t won... better luck next time . We’ve had fun reading all of your applications.

4. Awesome gratz winners!! Y'all made it great and the mods have spoken!! Way to go..thanks mods for all you do and you truly are the best! Thanks also for the opportunity to put in and be a part of it!!

5. Well done guys was some really great threads congratulations winners :D

6. I personally thought your thread was really interesting Ryder, love seeing the comparison of styles and the research. Was a very strong contender!

7. Thanks man I was working so I was trying to type fast on break while I could lol. I will put more effort in next time now that I know that it'll get a day or so in to write something good out!! Thanks for the opportunity it was fun to see everyone's varying opinions on what makes a good thread and the things they wrote were awesome I see why y'all chose them. Keep it up all!

8. Thanks for the recognition and free stuff!

Here's the solution to the easy soduko challenge. The hard puzzle is also possible as I reverse engineered it and made sure the starting point held deductive clues how to solve.

9. Congratulations to winners and thank you to all for livening up forums with some great threads! We had some great participation and I'm looking forward to more threads--MGTD or not--in the future :)

10. Congratulations. Amazing job by everyone who created a thread and participated in this event.

11. The first place thread got like 4 posts on it. Omegalul

12. Yea. I noticed that too. <_<

13. I won the contest??? 

Wasn’t expecting that.

Thanks for the recognition. ️

14. Congratulations everyone. Was really great reading all the threads. Thank you to all those who participated.

15. Congrats to all who submitted entries. Job well done.

16. Congrats to the winners! Well done :)

17. Well that was a flop :lol: :lol:

18. So has Dave solved it yet?

19. Ikr. :lol: