[MGTD] Days of Yore

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by JEDI-MAESTRO, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Recently I’ve had quite a few ancient warriors return to the KAWmunity and discover many changes to the game from what they remember. It has spurred some great walks down memory lane about things I remember and some things I had forgotten! An old Jamaican publisher once pointed out, “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.”

In that same spirit, what are some of the things you fondly remember that either defined your gameplay today, or some of the things that you miss from the old days of KAW.

As always, keep it clean and civil ;)

For starters, I remember and miss the days of clan wars where you could kick under-performers haha

Also, the infamous clans that used barcode names in war to drive us all crazy!

One time, I remember we matched a barcode clan and we all changed our names to “Cr 4”, “Cr 12” etc. Then just before our final blitz, we changed our names again to different “Cr” names. The opponent said later it was total chaos in their cc at that moment! Haha

I remember Time Trials and trying to beat the record on the clock over and over.

Or the time that BIZO got mad at me and formed a new HTE clan that is now today going strong still, called Lounge of Legends (yes, LoL members, you’re welcome! Hahaha)

Let us hear some of your fav memories!

Happy KAWing!!!

2. I cant remember.. something about a cake..

Jk, nice thread. Best one so far imo. (That being said the others seem to be copypasted poems, rants or just a wall of coloured text)

3. Unfair, mod enters competition judged by more mods :/

4. Trying to hit pots before repeat action was introduced

5. Hahaha

6. Speaking of, remember when the were forum mods? They were colored orange. Now orange is for PVP. Thanks for the roundabout memory ;)

7. I remember the earlier season wars. The ones where you lost your EE if you left the clan. This was also before events/legends. So if you wanted to go equipment hunting you had to leave your clan (if your clan wasn't running these ebs) and you would lose your EE.

This memory splits into two more;
    EE was so damned competitive that you scrambled to find a clan to war with. And if you were in a good clan you'd have to sign up on a roster for future wars and hope you made the A-team and weren't on standby. One of the best ways to guarantee you'd get a spot was to be the WC or tracker. I chose the tracker route. I warred on PC and used dual monitors to war and track. I was a half decent tracker for war.

Back to the equipment hunting part of the memory; remember the B2B clans? Those clans were a godsend for people who's clans didn't run equipment ebs often. The B2B clans would run only one or two equipment Ebs, always. You had to time it just right to get a spot and you could guarantee your butt was kicked from the clan if you fell asleep and weren't active withing 10 minutes of the eb starting. And at the end of the eb you'd sit and wait in anticipation hoping you got one of the drops. It always sucked when you saw some person who snuck in at the end of the eb, hit 5 times, and get the electric bow drop. All my years playing kaw and I never got that drop.

8. I would say its much harder to find a good clan to war in today, as there only are 3 decent clans and 1 which Id call good. Back in the day you had plenty of alternatives. Today you have to either be darned good or a hella manipulative person (In my case both heh)

9. Depends. If you were inactive, found to be a mole, or if you underperformed you were black-listed. Most clans figured out who was good and who was bad back then but then Panda made the Damocles list that put those players on full blast to shame them.

Ya know, that's another fond memory. When that list came out peeps went to the forum to post bad players to get the word out. Then at the end of the season you could see who hit the top of the list. It was the list of shame.

But I do agree that it's hard finding a clan to war with now because wars have been put on the back burner. I'm hoping once they get caught up and get new peeps trained and spun up on Kaw they can focus back on fixing wars.

10. Barcodes were the bain of trackers. I remember adding a "if([cell]=[$cell$],"match","") formula to my tracking spreadsheet so I could copy in and paste the name of the barcode opponent that just went down. This would match to whatever clan roster actually just went down so I could still track coming up order. It took forever, but was possible. :lol:

11. If you're a mole now, you're gone. If you're inac, you're gone. If you cant pull good plunder, you're gone. If you cant sko, you're gone. Unless you're in exi cuz thats where all the ppl who get kicked out from ne or uni go that is.
    Damocles list imo sucked, because of how many innocent and skilled warriors got shamed there just because more popular players disliked them.

12. Could just track with cr's 

13. I don't know. I remember Panda needing proof of the player performing badly to be added to the list and the player could get themselves removed from the list if they provided proof that the accusation was false.

14. No noob you couldn't. When the entire CR looks the same, how do you know which player was the one that went down? Oh, and this was when there were actual clans warring so there were 80-100 players in a clan roster to scan, not a dedicated war clan where all players were involved.

15. When I tracked and we matched against a barcode clan I would take note of CR, what was in their banner, and owner. This helped distinguish who was who. And being on PC I would easily copy and paste the barcode in the search bar to make sure I was correct at calling out who was up/down.

16. If you cant tell who went down thats on you. Its really not that hard to tell, even if all share the same name.

17. Yes Mei, you prove my point - you had to use another method to identify barcode players. I always thought trying to distinqish which banner was who & looking at owners took too long, especially true when trying to catch crystals. This was also when there was only about 6 banner versions available.

18. Oh. I meant status banners. What they had written in them. Usually they had something different.

19. The only e.e war that i enjoyed and had lots of laughs and fun in .Was in season 1 when i was in Kotfe Assassins and they were matched against NCU Dominian.Yarmes and RedHotVixen were the team leaders and they had came up with a really good,clever and funny clan tactics & plan/strategy which they called it " Team gang bang ". It actually worked because Kotfe Assassins won that ee match.

20. I miss those coded players during war. I was a tracker back in the day, not the one who had to use a computer, but I just used my phone. Was one of the best trackers during that time. Coded players aren’t hard to track if you know one little secret. ;)