[MGTD] Leadership

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by IIIX_Dominus_Mortuorum_XIII, Apr 20, 2018.

1. All Clan Owners have varying experiences and perspectives on the approach and qualities necessary for effective leadership. And not all situations require the same type of leadership style. Great leaders adapt to their surrounding environments and empower the team to succeed together.

Many experts across countless leadership forums agree on certain principles required for leading a team to greatness, but when it comes down to it, the most important factor is whether or not the leader is getting the job done.

My philosophies on leadership have evolved over time through research, experiences in osw and from my successes and failures running my own clans. I believe that the best leaders are passionate about developing the emerging leaders around them, they constantly work to improve their emotional intelligence and know that a strong team culture is the foundation for accomplishing the mission. They are in a perpetual state of preparation and embrace the inevitable changes their clan will face.

For the purposes of this forum however, I wanted to get other clan leaders’ perspectives by having them answer one question:

In your opinion, what makes a great leader?

Their responses were as follows:

1 – Have Faith in Their Beliefs

“It’s a mix of a lot of things, but first and foremost it’s about having faith in your beliefs. You can’t expect others to consider you a leader unless you have solid faith in your ideas. And once it’s there, you build on it by being a good communicator, listening to others, setting examples and by putting your best foot forward and not giving up. Leadership is all about being passionate about what you do, and having confidence in yourself and your followers whom you have to motivate and inspire.”

2 – Make the Hard Choice

“Great leaders make the hard choice, and self-sacrifice for the clan as a whole."

It takes a lot to run a clan and it takes the clans will to bring it to fruition.

In closing, remember to help others before you do for yourself. It's the only way you'll be remembered.

2. I would say to become a successful clan leader now a days just run hte, zta, and nk

3. I understand that..but too many have lost the old way. It's beyond time to get back to it.

4. To be a great clan leader you need understanding trust and loyalty to your clanmates this is how a clan leader runs a great through hard times bad times and great times

5. Agreed!

6. Trust is good. Control is better.

7. Interesting.

8. What really makes a leader to me is one who has a backbone and doesnt just quickly drop and eject members from the clan. Just because bullys / clans come and threaten them that if they dont drop this person then the whole clan are getting farmed etc.Many will drop you in a instant without even asking what actually is the issue. Those leader's who dont bow down and eject you without even asking your side. They are the one's who stand above all the rest and worth your loyalty. One's who still defend you regardless if you are at fault or are a victim.

9. I've had that happen to me repeatedly and I made that mistake once. I regret it everyday!