Lengthy discussion on necrobumping

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kasama, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Lengthy discussion on necrobumping

Alright so investigating AT you see many locked threads regarding necrobumping and how it was a post from 2017. Of course 2017 wasn't too long ago.

Now the questions I would like to raise is, what is considered necrobumping? Who determines if a thread is old enough for an immediate/not so immediate lock? What is the period of time before a thread has reached the period of no longer being a thread that can be posted on and is simply a thread that if you try and continue conversation... Will immediately be denied?

It's these questions that interest me and I feel these may interest the KaWmunity.

2 cents, don't lock. Fairly sure I worded so it doesn't affect ToU. Feel free to correct this.

2. Well considering the low activity rate and creation of new threads on this forum, I dont really see a problem with necro bumping

3. There is no reason to lock if the thread is relevant. If there is discussion, dont lock even uf its 6 years old.

4. Lock event threads since it’s pretty much the same cut n paste crap from two years ago...

Locking classic threads of flames from OSW, banter threads just pacifies the game even further. WTFC if Roni in any other dipstick bumps a thread, it’s not like there are a 100 active posters anymore.

Perhaps It may even appear that the game has some life beyond TAP TAP TAP

5. I understand the devs need to stop certain harassing gestures in forums for the good of their community and certain players have no problem flaming the entire forum community, that being said there have been a lot of forums that have been locked or graveyarded that are pieces of history. For example, Ahdragos famos "Line in the sand". I sadly have never read it but will I ever get to? Probably not! Is their any way mods could find some leniency and let some of these forums live? Semzz post was in no way cluttering or causing destruction. Personally I believe, among a few other reasons, mods carry a lot of responsibility for the reason of the state of our community now because of the position of authority they hold and how they personally interact with the community, some good, some bad and some not near responsible enough for the position.