Further issues with moderator incompetence

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by xXD3mOnXx, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That being said Wolfie, I’ve had many of my posts removed by support and have been warned by the devs themselves on more than one occasion for some of the things I’ve posted. So to say that nothing gets done or nothing gets said to any of us, is a pretty outlandish and rather presumptive comment.

2. The moderator program was a flawed idea to begin with.
    ATA learnt this the hard way, that's why their last two games slowly phased out voluntary moderation from random players.

SMASH? ATA made the mods anonymous.
    Heckfire? ATA was clear from the get go that there wouldn't be any moderators.

Why? Because the concept of voluntary moderation from the player base is flawed. Over the years we've seen multiple mods exhibit bias towards their clans and members, sell accounts, run scripts and more. Mods that cant get rid of their bias towards their clan and their allegiance to it's members.

I don't blame them. It's not easy, which is why moderation from the player base is never a good idea. Its hard to separate your allegiance to your clan (if any) and your voluntary duty as a mod. It's hard to be involved in a game and still moderate it's players while being one of them.

We've had many mod scandals on KaW over the last few years. We've seen mods get caught red handed for aiding and abetting cheating on KaW, mods that used their "position" to selectively silence members on the other side of a OSW whilst ignoring their own. Mods that leaked dev-mod communication to their friends, mods that were know for running bot stores.
    Faulty silences, trigger happy mods, threads that have been locked without much reason. Threads that have been graveyard'd at the slightest when a troll shows up and derails the thread.
    Like it or not, the mod program has done far more bad than good on this game. It's particularly responsible for its decline. You think players want to fight an OSW, where a mod on the other side can influence bans and more? Yeah, no.

ATA wised up and made it clear on their new game, no more mods ever. They arrived at the same conclusion too. ;)

3. Titan, I did try to contact the mod who locked the thread. However they didnt answer for 3 days, and after the thread was removed (made invisible, probably) it was getting on my nerves. Even after establishing contact with said moderator, I haven't gotten a good answer as to why the post was locked. Repeating "Derailed post" when it clearly wasnt derailed, and that's not even taking into account how opinion-based a "derailed" lock is. Thread was made visible again a few hours after I made this thread, obviously with no explanation as to who did it.

4. I hope I made it quite clear I wasnt talking about all mods. I dont think its ridiculous at all to state that some mods aren't doing good for the game, just look at the facts.

5. So essentially this set of threads is to try and get 2 mods stripped of their mod status for enforcing ToU?

They've said it multiple times.

They enforce ToU. Likewise they are essentially hired by ATA due to ATA places faith in the Mods to enforce their ToU as they want it intepreted.

As has been said time and time again by some Mods and former Mods and even some non-Mods. If YOU want ToU changed then you should probably contact devs.

It just seems like the conversation is going in circles for you xxd3monxx due to you're not getting the answer YOU want. That's why even another player already pointed out, you're coming off as whiny despite your attempt to articulate it as reason.

Anyway toodles and good luck with your "mission".

6. Farm 'em....  They just ban your acc with no reason. Farm 'em

7. You sound biased. Its common knowledge you dislike me.
    Im not trying to get mods stripped off their status. Im trying to change the way they work. For their benefit, and mine. Im aware they say they follow TOU. I say its firstly a lie, as TOU wasnt broken. Secondly, they lock based on OPINION which isn't something that should happen ever. As for sounding whiny, seeing people throw personal insults rather than factual arguments only strengthens my confidence that I am right. Finally, as Venom and Avatar have pointed out, TOU and the moderator system is flawed and requires a complete rework. This is the root of the problem, but the reason I haven't bothered to bring it up is that developers no longer care about KaW and are extremely unlikely to ever push through such changes.

8. I won’t call out the particular mod, but recently I had an experience in my PM with a mod. It started out as them telling me what I posted in forums wasn’t allowed. I asked why, and it got into this whole “I’m a mod because I said so” sort of thing. Paraphrasing there. I was just asking questions and they shut me out quick. I was unfollowed and not allowed to chat anymore with them. Now, what I posted isn’t against the ToU or the forum rules as I’ve scoured them and found nothing that warranted what they told me. They literally lied to me and expected me to just be ok with it. Mods do abuse their power.

About a week ago, someone was saying hi to another player in World Chat and then got silenced. It was reversed shortly after, but it was clearly a mod just trying to silence people. Mods are people too, so they should be held to the same standard as everyone else.

10. About time you had your headstone made Todd.

11. Agreed completely. Been in the same situation several times, with no straight answers.

12. What is all this crying tears in forum about mods. Just hit the mods you don't like. No need this kind of crying in forum

13. Yes Man!

14. It’s kind of hard because they won’t drop build. :-|

15. Ok so this is pretty much going around circles so this thread has ran its course.

Op or anyone else that is not happy how moderators work or act, open a ticket up and explain the situation proper to the developers.

We are here to enforce the ToU, we cannot make changes towards the rules what so ever we can only give our ideas through.

All our moderators are checked weekly to see if we are following the guidelines of moderation, if one of us is out of line we would be contacted and repeated we would be removed but it hasn’t became a case yet what I know of.

A tip, if you recently contacted a moderator and you are not happy with their assistance or never have received any, please contact another with your concerns.

Also remember, we are players just like yourself as well, we play the game, we have to go by the rules of the game like any other player.

People ain’t happy about the response “open a ticket to issue your complaints” but that’s the best we can provide if we cannot provide anymore answers or you are unhappy.

This thread is now more of a bash a mod now so it will be locked.

Thank you everyone for putting your ideas, feedback through.

Have a splendid day!
    /lock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.