Further issues with moderator incompetence

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by xXD3mOnXx, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So again, there's a situation with borderline mod abuse. Im not entirely up to date on moderator tools, but here's the issue:
    There's a trending thread. But oh wait, some troll just posted a comment there which isnt against the rules in any way but is, according to a mod, a touchy subject.
    What do you do? Instead of removing the inappropriate message, forum banning the troll, or warning people to stay off that subject you go to your precious lock command, ending any serious discussion. You leave a message stating one may pm you if uncertain about the reasoning. So, I follow you, and the result is the usual: Completely ignored.
    As if this wasnt enough, you also delete the entire thread, despite stating "Everything has already been said. Feel free to scroll back and read."
    The hypocrisy of moderators is disgusting. This isnt aimed at all moderators. The two of you know who you are.

2. I do agree, the comment shouldn't have the ability to ruin an entire thread and the moderators with their various tools should be able to handle the individual without ruining it for everyone else. (Many other forums have this so it isn't a new concept)

3. :( seems like over kill why not just delete the message and warn the person like back in the day, forums is so dead now let’s not make it worse

4. I'd recommend maybe hiding the post that gets the thread locked. (from the public eye that is) then It'll be like it was never there, even thought it'll still up for the moderators view only. This would prevent whole threads being locked. When someone post lockable stuff it doesn't help that 15 other people follow up on that comment and turn the whole thread into something that it's not. That's most likely the reason it gets locked up.

5. Inb4 locked for "low effort" :lol:

6. TLDR:
    I created a post about mods locking threads for no reason. Thread then gets locked for no reason. Thread then gets removed for no reason.

7. Not many threads get deleted anymore that I see, that is odd

9. It makes them feel important on a tap tap game

10. Don't assign modship to people with the following...

11. From what I see, locked threads that have been popular or had discussion are left to sit for a couple hours to give people a chance to see what happened. Maybe some nods don't know post removal is an option. Hard to say, as tbere are quite a few mods, and not all of them are familiar with forums.

I think the reason your post was removed it because you had very recently had a thread about a similar thing- that kinda played itself out.

Id like to see more mods leave a post before locking, so that maybe someone could appeal it before it gets shoved into the Graveyard.

12. Plus... one off post is one off post. If you dont pay attention to the troll, its not hard to stay on track. However, if the whole direction of the thread starts heading somewhere else, I think a kock is in order. Forums are tricky, and theres an ability to sort of see lines of conversation. I dont think we shoukd call out a mod for locking a thread because its headed towards becoming offensive- especially so if nobody wants to reel it back.

13. Its still on AT. Scroll down a bit, friend.

14. The art to forum posting is stear the post back on track. I see that some posts are hijacked it's you're forum post so you need to keep it on topic. If it goes off course then just divert it back to on topic.

15. I did not have another similar thread before. That is completely false.

16. The thread wasnt derailed. It was on subject. There was one single post which the mod thought was.. uncomfortable (didnt break TOU)

17. Again, it was on topic. The thread was locked for a bs reason, promising it wouldnt be removed in the process, only to be removed.

18. If you go look at the thread, theres nearly a page of posts about WWII.

Idk how thats relevant to a thread being locked for "no reason"

19. Is quoting history a crime? As I said, its simply uncomfortable to some. Not a reason to lock.

20. If you wanna make a thread about Historical moments that might be construed as uncomfortable, make a thread and see the kind of attention you draw. Plus it would probably get locked anyway.

As it is, it had NOTHING to do with what the thread was about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.