Artwork - Continuity or Laziness?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Ecstasy, Jan 30, 2018.

1. So with ATA pushing out new artwork sets for their furniture every event, one wonders where they get the inspiration from.

Here are some of the T4 buildings. The furnishings were inspired / directly lifted off the T4 troops and others. Which begs the question, will there be other furnishings directly lifted from the buildings and their troops? Will we see a Kraken soon? A giant wasp from T3?
    The Wrymling looks a lot like the T2/T3 Dragon troops.

1. The Black Cat

2. Gelid Gladiator

Right from the sword, arm guard and armor set, ATA created an entire set from this T4 Troop.

3. War Mongrel

Unfortunately the War Mongrel as a T4 Troop looks disfigured, the furnishing attempted to correct that.

4. Phantom Rimehawk

The hawk and this bird have a lot of similarities! Perhaps the Rimehawk's artwork base?

5. The Silver Executioner

The sword furniture is directly lifted from here. Also looks like the Wolf Mask and the pointy "Silver Executioner's Helm" is inspired by this troop set.

Some of the event furnishing are a mix and match from different troop tiers.
    The Unkari set is from the Unkari feather hunt event and the Unkari Hoarfrost spy troop.
    The Ice themed furniture are from the Hoarfrost land set and their subsequent Rimeland troop buildings.

Personally I think it's brilliant, the subtle references to the KaW Universe and it's lore. Although it's not very consistent. There hasn't been much information about the KaW Universe and it's lore. At one point when ATA brought out the Arkosa EB set(Desert Sting), they told us that the woman on the KaW splash screen is Arkosa. They never built on that after it. I always thought there would be more lore/story to why Arkosa was on our entry splash screen.

Cool, eh?

2. Still waiting on my pink dolphins.

3. I think it's pretty cool, I love lore and story, it's the reason I got into the game!

4. Aight. Just relax. He put some solid effort in here. Its a neat aspect of the game that I personally never would have noticed.

5. Pretty cool I never knew that

6. Interesting stuff, good observations man.

7. I’d love to get some extended world lore from the devs. It would be refreshing and give more meaning to every charm, land, legend, etc.

8. people read lore confirmed

9. They should definitely add a blob with a smiley face. It's description could just be "Entity" 

10. I would say continuity, it's nice having bits of the game like troop art (which most never care about) be brought closer to my playing.

11. Def a big fan of the artwork in KaW. Wish more people had a raw appreciation for its consistency and detail.

12. Bump! The current event theme/pet is influenced by the T3 L1 balanced building. (Summoners Circle) I'll update the OP with it soon. :D