notice how forums is dead these days

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by WaR_SINlllIiIllIIIillXXX_LoR, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardly any new threads and 50% on first couple pages are locked ....maybe silencing the masses isn’t working out so well huh ata?

2. Maybe if threads weren't derailed within the first few pages it wouldn't be locked, if a thread had more effort it wouldn't be locked, if the person posting threads wasn't spamming them they wouldn't be locked

3. Lack of quality posts. Simple.

4. Any pointless forum post need to be locked.

5. Literally everything these players have said is true. Mods don’t want to lock threads. We’d literally love to be involved in conversations with players about everything.

6. lol

7. You actually do participate in forum discussions ...so point taken.

Yes Man lurker who never contributes but wants to judge ...until you make a worthy thread or even a memorable post anything you have to say is poo

Yes Man lurker who never contributes but wants to judge ...until you make a worthy thread or even a memorable post anything you have to say is poo

Same for you Moody ...don't ever recall you contributing any meaningful content to any discussion. You swing the ban/silence hammer and that's all your good for as a mod

8. And to be honest you don't even do that very well

9. Instead of banning the people who are derailing a thread or deleting the offending posts, halfwits like moody and mei lock the actual thread. The op is punished for the crimes of others.

The only thing about KaW that has declined more than the game itself is the idiotic moderating team. Thanks

10. Dunno what youre whining at really....

5 years ago you'd have been eaten up and chewed out in the forums...

You should be grateful that the mods are trigger happy tools really... saves you the butt kicking.

11. Low or no effort threads do not help yet you keep making them.

12. How would you know? ...you're another one who never contributes. You're barely in forums. TBH you do less then Mei or Moody

Have you even looked at the active threads list today? There at least 2-3 no/low content threads that can be locked right now

13. And he's already logged off forums ...this is typical lol

14. Uhhh yeah and WHO are you addressing ...you're gonna throw every forum poster/threadmaker into the same boat? Yeah you really are worthless

15. My general policy is simple.

If a thread is being derailed and I am online to see and fix it before it goes too far then I will do so. I will remove their posts and, if necessary, ban the player for 24 hours form forums.

If I get to a thread too late and the main topic is lost amongst trashing of players, accusations of rule breakers and the standard mod bashing then I will close the thread. Because what’s the point in removing 3 pages of a 4 page thread? If the OP wants to remake their thread because the previous one was derailed then I see no issue in that and I will continue to moderate fairly

16. Post been super dry

17. I have to agree the forums are not what they use to be, over the past I’ve seen the decline to now where what I saw two days ago is still on the first page which is rather sad. Although I do have to agree with Moody and Michael, if threads were kept on topic and not derailed there would be no reason for locking, so the blame goes to those that seem to need the attention and post off topic with ranting of of other players and non essential posts that pertain to the topic by op’s. So it’s simple use effort in creating an awesome topic and those complaining about them being locked... do positive and report derails soon as you can to a mod so a great thread doesn’t get taken to the dump. Don’t complain about it, do something about it and that solves the problem.
    :)

18. Derailed threads go on for pages and pages days an days sometimes weeks...

....2-3 comments were made about mods and "3" of you respond within an hour

Yeah dude you're real credible

19. Most derailing is done by mods these days and when they don’t like people calling them out they simply just lock the thread ...no worries we just start another and another and another

20. I have only locked a thread when:

A) it was requested by op
    B) was super low effort

I find forums to be a great place for fun but like anything there are rules and if rules can’t be followed then simply it won’t be as great as it can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.