a step in the right direction.

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by DE0XYS, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Hello all.
    Before I start I would like to apologise for the lack of colour and pictures in this thread as I do not post in the forums at all really.

Anyways, so the recent(ish) content added to kingdoms at war is charm trading. I thoroughly enjoy it, I feel like it is a great way for player interaction to and player engagement to be more than just come on and unload (the regular player)

Now before trading was released, I would literally come onto kaw to unload and that was it (seal to stay in the clan etc etc) and then come on when I remember to unload. I say when I remember because recently (before trading) i was not bothered about this game (by not bothered I mean I wasn’t too fussed about coming onto unload as it was literally just a few taps and upgrade whenever)

Now that trading is a thing, I’ve become more active as a user, more sociable as a player ( I have made a lot of friends ) and more interactive with this game. I have spent more money just to advertise for charms I need and I’m making more use of the money I spend on this game. I have also applied to be a moderator as I feel im spending more time on the game and I want to now be as active as possible!

HOWEVER

I feel like the developers need to stop releasing new content and fix the current content in the game.
    They have been focusing way too much on pay to play and not focusing on what’s best for the community in general (just my opinion)
    Wars are at an all time low. World chat is at an all time low (trading has improved it slightly) and player interaction (unless is asw or literally keeping ebs running) is also dead I feel.

Shoutout to the pwar days. These were the days. I have been around 8 years playing this game, not on this account my main is reset and holding my old clan, and watched the player base decrease year by year and the devs focusing on what benefits the top players again rather than the community. (From a business point of view you would focus on the top lb accounts as that is where “most” of your profits come from) however you also need to keep the average joe happy too right?

Before trading was released I saw no reason to stay, as previously mentioned wars are dead. I hate doing lowland wars as it’s too rigged. There are way too many account using bots to war (yes I said it, I’ve seen it first hand too) so the top clans are dominating due to computer assisted bots. Which makes this not fun at all if you want to war fair like I do.

Indi wars are fun at times, I really enjoy them! WHEN THEY ARE FAIR. Too many accounts casting multiple alts to deliberately throw the war for more tokens or equip etc etc for main account which is shocking. I feel the devs need to be a lot stricter on the botters and cheaters in war! (What’s the point in broken sword when they can cast another account or cast the same account a week later) they should be banned.

Clan loyalty is at an all time low, I remember being in a clan helping my friends run a clan and it was awesome. we would do wars together, ebs together, laugh together etc etc (yes the clan I’m in is a laugh and what not but it’s not really loyalty when it’s pay to stay)
    Wars were fun, getting together the best 15 warriors possible to war! And if the roster was too strong? You’d lower your stats to get a war next time and war with friends, but now indi is awful and lowland is appalling!

Also, the player X_X made a very good point on titan_god do you war thread. I’ve been playing 8 years and still don’t know certain information I feel like I should actually know! How do we know we get 2% bfa? 5% bfe? Says who? I haven’t heard this officially from anyone have you? Just your pal or a person in wc saying it’s 2%? I want answered.

THE TUTORIAL! Is aweful and needs an update! It’s legit the most uninteresting thing I’ve ever witnessed. It doesn’t explain anything and you just tap a few buttons! Improve this

My main point is after all this, trading has improved the player interaction and the play time of more players for sure! Granted some people do not like it at all or are not bothered But I’ve gone from being your average joe to now playing 10X more than what I was!

To the devs, please focus on what needs to be fixed in this game, there is so much wrong

Also to the devs, your player interaction is next to nothing as of recent, talk in cc more like you used to, get involved etc etc.

TL:DR? Go back and read it

2. I got four paragraphs in before I got sleepy and quit, but I think I caught what you were throwing. I agree that the new stuff like charms and trading is nice and gets people talking, but current features need to be perfected before they come out with more.
    Also, this is Kingdoms at WAR not kingdoms at buy nobs. More focus needs to be shifted back to wars and PvP. Pay to play ebs isn't what the people are asking for. I remember when it was just the battle list. I miss that. You made a lot of friends hitting people lol.

3. Tl;dr
    I feel like the developers need to stop releasing new content and fix the current content in the game.
    They have been focusing way too much on pay to play and not focusing on what’s best for the community in general (just my opinion)

Wars are at an all time low. World chat is at an all time low (trading has improved it slightly) and player interaction (unless is asw or literally keeping ebs running) is also dead I feel.

Rest is irrelvant

Or even shorter...

Devs focus on updating what is currently in-game and stop pushing out new updates as they can causs more issues.

Player interaction, world chat and wars are at an ALL TIME LOW

Blah blah blah

I agree the devs need to focus on what's currently in the game, I keep reiterating that wars, pvp etc. need to be revamping as people who still do them are rare and ars playing on a 5-6 year old system that has lost its interest.

But I think world chat, player interaction are thriving, less ads in wc overall, more talking. More talking everywhere infact. Just slightly less talking in forums.

4. [title=feldspar+white]Support, this is true.[/title]

5. Ok here I go lol,

You nailed it good, as I’ve spoken to others recently things that need to be fixed really should be. There has been a bit of new updates and releases which I understand and I find actually pretty cool. As for this I think ATA, and just my opinion needs to allocate a certain number of resources for fixing things and keep an allocated number for new updates.

I know I speak on war constantly, but it is in shambles. I saw this posted by a player also and have been saying it for awhile, as devs say participation is low, being the key to not putting the war system up higher on the list of tasks, I ask...

If legends were stripped of rewards and due to it, participation would also be low so does it just stay stale or would it be fixed? I know most likely fixed being it’s a revenue stream, but if those that have been around long enough that knew when wars flourished the participation amount to me isn’t really a key reason.

Look back all the way to estoc trials up to about season 6. Wars were high many many warriors went all out, participation was high. Not just was participation but it also fueled the social aspect of them game to a degree as well.

Once equipment stopped being part of rewards whether lowland or indi participation started to sink. Only will participation once again rise to the levels that once were once the war system has an update in a positive manner. It has only had updates in the negative end which has caused what we have today. Take a look of the days of war in the past the numbers don’t lie, we all recall how many participated.

Not saying “hey devs, come on... participation surrounds that which is rewarding”, cause it is obvious it is in his game, hence why warring is at its lowest peak and other I know are thinking the same thing.

To release an update to create a better revenue stream is totally ideal, but to fix what’s broken is at the same horizon to keep players happy. Once you lose players you need to try even harder to bring in new players, then you’re focused and working on that rather than have the time for fixes or even greater updates.

Well I spilled my mind out so now I’m out just giving my 2 cents worth, and to ask due to participation is that is why there’s been no Season 7? Have not heard a single word over it like *Poof* they just aren’t part of the game anymore or existed :(

6. Bob Ross yes I totally agree and I did mention it, I miss warring with old clan member as we made our own roster, not everyone wants to do indi and lowland is poor, the old roster wars were the days

I also forgot to mention there is no incentive to war at all. EE is just to balance out the plunder loss from towers, and there needs to be a legend just for war with its own unique equipment! I feel everyone would war more (be it be pvp equipment or war equipment only)

7. Why'd you have to make this obnoxiously large?

8. @ champion, I may have read your statement wrong but I didn’t say remove legends (if you said that) it’s a great idea and helps the smaller people grow for sure

9. I think he was using it as an example. If legends weren't working and participation was low, they would fix it instead of rolling out something else.

10. Oh no no I was giving an example as of rewards were stripped from legends how would participation be for them? Just to coincide why war participation is so low and has been.

11. Fixing the war issue is more than what the devs are willing to do. Would have to include making war eq = to top eb gear, moderate wars fairly(), and make ee last for a shorter amount of time than 2 weeks(people will complain they can't keep their 2 weeks worth of 50% extra plunder for 1 war). Basically what is being said war is dead and is unlikely to ever be fixed in the current meta so meh

12. Faust, yes it’s a huge ask for war to be fixed as it is pretty awful.

However loving war as much as I do and seeing so bad actually upsets me, I want a war reboot!! 

13. To reform wars would take too much effort for a low payoff, wars don't make any cash so what's the difference to them. For a reform to take place a large amount of the normal player base would want it which is unlikely. Don't hope for war change for the better as it is just a dream

14. Faust, that is what I’m saying, they are focusing on the top spenders (most do not war) so why sacrifice pay when it won’t be a profitable investment, however a large proportion of the community love war and they need to please the community while making profit aswell.

15. Less than 5% of KaW prob even wars now and that includes the renewal war, as shown by war lb ~500 accs warred. Excluding alts would prob be less than 200 active players, less than 150 actively chasing war event. Saying that a large portion of the community loves war would be a massive overstatement

16. Yes completely true I should have worded that better

A lot of the accounts I speak to and a lot of my friends.

17. [title=feldspar+white]It's unlikely devs will fix the war system, it's not a profit[/title]

18. X_X. They need to

19. If all the people claiming to care about wars in forums or claiming to be an amazing warrior *Well im great but i dont war cuz i was great in s1 and stuff..* got off their asses and just casted woc, that'd kick ATA in some general direction atleast..
    Or atleast help form a serious LL clan. Seriously. Exi being the toughest competition is.. mindblowing..