Visual Guide to Charm Sets

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Visual Guide to Charm Sets

Postby Arzen9 on Nov 1 2017, 11:21pm

Ash, you never disappoint! However, one small critique if you’ll permit me. Took a few too many sets before your introduction of the scantily clad babes. Just saying....
Arzen9

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 2 2017, 8:10am

Wut? What are you talking about?.. all I see are charming.. charms!
AshesOfEden

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 2 2017, 12:42pm

For EE Season 4? Devs released an exquisite equip set with blue and gold that’s oceanic themed..

Carrying on with that excellent motif.. they released the Zelantine set..

EE set and Zelantine Set (EE tidal chestplate not pictured but you can see it at the alchemist)

This set is wonderful.. a great set to collect.. it’s angelic.. like a zephyr.. or a really good Bombay Sapphire martini with a dash of blue curaçao

Art: 9.5 flowing but sharp looking at that angel on that one ring makes you want to take a nap

Color: 10 Bright and airy Mix of blue and gold

Color Coordination: 9 That one ring has no yellow!!! Did the artist run out of yellow painting the sword?

Equip: 8 the spear looks like a giant needle or fountain pen (kids are like What’s a fountain pen?), the body armours are exquisite though..
AshesOfEden

Postby Adonis-ICE_MaCHiNE on Nov 2 2017, 1:28pm

In just a few words and while I appreciate this will come off and a bit sooky (it’s the proper street name for it honest - and everyone knows how Street ole Icey is) Ashes is simply the best forum maker in all of KaW. Here end of the lesson!!! Keep up the awesome work brother
Adonis-ICE_MaCHiNE

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 2 2017, 10:59pm

After much deduction, mystery solving and treasure hunting, lost from the sands of time..

I bring to you..

The Dune Dweller Set!

“All I see turns to brown
As the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand
As I scan this wasted land
Try to find, try to find the way I feel...”

*Followed by massive guitar and drum riff

This set screams of Led Zepplin’s Kashmir and ObiWon Kenobi’s Lawrence of Arabia..

And that burnt sienna reminds me of the wrap Rachel Weisz was wearing in that Stealing Beauty pool scene..

Art: 8 Exotic! Mysterious! Like Frank Herbert’s novel

Color: 10 Burnt Sienna.. just like Rachel Weisz

Cool Cordination: 8 The rings threw me off but the overall color theme is pretty intact

Equip: Rachel Weisz’s wrap by the pool 
AshesOfEden

Postby Tzshifter on Nov 3 2017, 6:00am

You have way too much time on your hands
Tzshifter

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 3 2017, 6:25pm

“Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds.
Oh lord yeah!” - Black Sabbath

Fiery flames of red and amber, screaming at you in CAPS rage (check out the descriptions), this Shazo Set is all Ozzy..

First.. allow me to tell u a tale of sorcery..

You see way back in 1965.. the forces of darkness were planning their next move to counter the forces of good on this earth..

The yarrow that Robert Johnson planted at the crossroads at midnight and the seduction that Elvis’s pelvis gyrations made were distant memories of the work of the dark princes.. the world was now a battleground between the new ambassadors of good and evil in the form of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones..

But as the forces of good planned ahead to unleash the likes of Bee Gees and Disco in the coming decade, the forces of darkness needed a diabolical plan to counter the polyester and high pitch melodies..

So.. they picked this 17 year old kid, toiling away at a grimy smoke filled factory in the industrial town of Birmingham.. and gave him an industrial accident that chopped off the tips of his right middle and ring fingers.

....and gave him the Electric guitar..

Now.. this kid was determined to Rock.. but he couldn’t press the strings hard and sharp enough..

He then improvised by drop tuning his strings to D# and C#.. and..

Opened the gateway from hell where all the shrieking and mourning of the dark angels flew out... in the form of the dark heavy metal music..

There you have it.. collect the Shazo set..

Once you complete the Shazo set, go plant yarrow at crossroads, wait till midnight.. and play some Ozzy on ur smartphone..

Afterall, you never know who’s gonna show up..
AshesOfEden

Postby Ecstasy on Nov 3 2017, 9:14pm

I present to you the Skeleton Dragon Set!

I'd recommend this set for beginners looking to start our their collection.
They drop from the Scragg EB series. The unmaxed raw version would be the easiest to collect.

Be prepared to spend some time hunting the scrolls if you plan on unlocking their enchanting capabilities!

Colour: 7.5/10
For me personally I think the color of this set looks rather drab and ordinary but then again it's one if the easiest sets to get in their raw unenchanted form!

Art: 8.5/10
You got to hand it to the creative team. The entire set ties in well with epic battle theme of a skeletal dragon. It screams continuity!

Overall: 8/10
While the drab brown color of the set is a bit of a put off for me, I like how the equipment names and design match the Epic Battles they drop from. The whole set ties in well with Scragg and his minions.

Ps: Thank you Ashes!
Ecstasy

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 3 2017, 9:34pm

I always loved the dragon minion equip..

Reminds me of... Mulan
AshesOfEden

Postby AshesOfEden on Nov 4 2017, 10:00am

Next set is a genuine tribute to all the traders out there..

The Merchant Set!

This set looks all over the map but the designers and the artists captured the true spirit of a merchant.. that is, trade for all kinds of exotic wares... and have a little dagger in case the trade goes wrong

“Shylock: I am not bound to please thee with my answer.
Bassanio: Do all men kill the things they do not love?
Shylock: Hates any man the thing he would not kill?
Bassanio: Every offence is not a hate at first.
Shylock: What! wouldst thou have a serpent sting thee twice?
Last edited by AshesOfEden on Nov 6 2017, 8:55am, edited 1 time in total.
AshesOfEden

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion