Visual Guide to Charm Sets

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AshesOfEden, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Great thread as always ! Ty maybe just a few more charms are needed lol !

2. This set has one of my favourite shoulders with a wolfpelt. This is definitely one of the most color/theme coordinated sets out there with the wolf theme.

Presenting... The Bandit Set

“It seemed that rebellion must have an unassailable base, something guarded not merely from attack, but from the fear of it: such a base as we had in the desert, or in the minds of the men we converted to our creed.”

- T.E. Lawrence

3. I think raven set is my favourite. Love the color and the style. A+++

Black raven on fallen snow.
    Black velvet on olive skin.
    Stubborn halo's wicked glow,
    Angry rustle of broken wing.
    Don't look for me, don't call me.
    Don't talk of love or of passion.
    In the hollow falling... falling...
    I don't deserve compassion.
    Am i monster if i am heartless?
    Raven wings fall down to my knee..
    I am devil. The child of darkness.
    And nobody will cry for me.

4. Wow Lili

Excellent poem! A great blend of Robert Browning and Edgar Allan Poe..

This is another recent event set that compliments the poem

5. Both sets are from the house of Corvelia series..

6. Our next set takes us to the highlands (when HLBC was a big thing)..

The Falconer Set

”Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold*;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.”

- Yeats

*quoted in Stephen King’s The Stand

7. I sold all my charms ...turns out they meant nothing to me

8. Behold the Nakra Vengeator set .
    This is one of my favorite sets. The attack stats are all very good and the theme and color all seem pretty cool. ;)

I wish I had a fancy poem too ... but I’m not that talented...

9. ....and coming in a close second to my previous set ...BEHOLD THE NAKRA BONE SET :

.....I do feel they could have done a better job with theme of all the items as the trinket, rings and off hand don’t seem quite right.. but that’s just my opinion...
    ... and still no poem :(

10. Awesome Sets PSG Dog!

One thing I really love about the Vengeator Set is the Magra ring.. It’s the first (that I know of) introduction of a Crocodile god in KaW!

Here’s Sobek.. the Egyptian Crocodile god..

If you ever take one of the longer river cruise journeys up the Nile... there is a town by the river called Kom Ombo in the Aswan “province”.. the temple there has a side dedicated to Sobek..

Another fun fact (well fun for me).. is that the ladies in the reliefs on the walls in that temple show a lot of boobies..

Yea.. so.. well worth going up the river among the land of the crocodiles..

11. Roses are red... violets are blue... here’s the GOBBLYN SET for you ... ;)

....one of the cooler themed sets in my opinion... I like the bone theme

12. Ahh the Gobblyn Set..

What I also liked about this set were the little poems for each of the descriptions..

I guess this calls for a gobblyn poem!

Gobblyn whispers, gobblyn creeps, strips you naked while you sleep

13. Let me compare you to a winters day ...
    The TROGGUB SET ...

...poems are hard

...but one of the better themed sets with all the bones ... I like it ;)

14. Two roads in the woods diverged ... and I took the one with ...CHARMS ...god I’m terrible at this ... but anyways...
    behold ..THE THIEFTAIN SET

The theme on this one is a little jumbled... but the stats aren’t terrible

15. PsG DoG with the sets!

For the connoisseur collectors.. the Troggub set would not be complete without..

The Troggub Tongue!!!

Shown here with Nakra and Gobblyn charms

16. Here’s a little math trick..

Little red riding hood was lost in the woods.. she came to a fork in the road where one leads back to the village.

There are also two twins at this fork in the road.. she knows that one twin always tell the truth.. and one twin always lies..

But she doesnt know who is who..

Q: How would little red riding hood figure her way back home?

A: Just go to any of the twins and ask “If I am to ask the other twin, which would he say is the way home?”

..and take the opposite of whichever the answer is..

17. The next set is dedicated to all the scammer and ripoff artists in KaW!

The Rogue Set..

Now this set is minimal but cool.. I especially liked the cat’s eye charm, the poison ring, the utility wraps, and the black dagger..

Ofcourse, speaking of Cat’s eye, I was thinking the thief set to be more like this..

Meow!!

18. So a little academic note on the equip world..

A couple of basics.. There are 3 main “types” of sets in the equip world..

1) A “Full” Set.. Most of what’s been shown here falls into this category.. basically it’s 12 equip, one for each slot.. that follows a theme.. they are color coordinated

2) A “Partial” Set.. These sets with same theme can cover a couple of equip slots but not all 12. Some of these sets are exquisitely done and we wish the creative teams had “completed” them.. some are partial by design.. like the ASW which has semi final, final, and winner..

3) A “Slot Tier” Set.. This is where devs release a different equip for the same slot in an event.. the theme is kept within the equips of the tiers..

Example is this magnificent Black Friday, Black Swords Set..

Now there are permutations of these 3 basic types..

For example: Forgemaster has 3 complete “Full Sets” of 3 Tiers.. each tier having increased stats.

The powerful traders with means way beyond me will be posting these sets as they complete them..

As you saw as tip #1 in Ricky Bobby’s trading guide, if you are having “Save me Tom Cruise! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” moments, feel free to contact any of us.

Also.. If any of the Apes creative team and artists are reading this.. Bravo! 

Your exquisite art and creativity have not gone un-noticed.. you all truly rock..

19. The next set is another excellent permutation.. a full set over 2 ee seasons where half is of a theme and the other is another theme but they jive so well