Visual Guide to Charm Sets

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AshesOfEden, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey All!

Many of you (like 2 people) have seen Ricky Bobby’s Charm Trading Guide

Well I can’t have that Jack Hawk 9000 wieldin, Pork rind lovin, Prune Candy suckin, Left Hand turnin, 1000 Charm hoardin red neck showing off!

So.. I am making this thread for us regular Jill’s and Regular Joes who can’t afford those blingy bling bling fo schizzle Charms..

Welcome Average KaW Charm Addict..

Welcome to the charmed life..

Now.. my main goals in making this thread are this:

1- Edutain the hell out of you dear reader

2- May be get you excited to go trading and collecting the affordable Charm sets (Please don’t go the flame assassin route.. but feel free to start a PvP or osw)

3- Go on your own investigative treasure hunt journey for some of the sets (and share about your experience etc. here in the thread)...

4- Get all nostalgic on KaW history through the Charm/Equipment (And sing the Mage Blues)

5- I know the Apes keep them locked in some dungeon, but may be.. just may be, we can hear from the wonderful artists and product designers about these wonderful art pieces. (Oh we’re gonna roast u on why some of ur sets are not color coordinated too!)

A couple of notes..

I will start with “Complete” sets.. basically sets where all 12 equip were released.. As you know different events release different types of “sets”.. some are 2-3 types of equip.. some are different equip but for the same slot.. etc..

We will get to all the shenanigans that Devs did.. let’s just start with some order first..

So.. In no particular order.. (Afterall this is NOT a chocolate guide)

First.. a must have set for all the Farmers of Kaw!!!

Behold.. the Farmer set!

This set screams of the scarecrow looking for smarts in the Wizard of Oz..

But it also has quite a bit of the Les Mis, Delacroix - Liberty leading the people vibe..

*Distracted note: If u ever go to the Louvre, go see it.. it’s definitely an “Ashes” painting.. you’ll know what I’m talking about.. The painting also supposedly inspired Victor Hugo to write Les Miserables

My ratings: 10 being the best

Art: 6 (MC Hammer Pants Yo)

Color: 7 Les Mis!

Color coordination: 3 U got dirt on ur face.. ur a big disgrace!

Equip: 8 The scythe takes the cake

Next..

The Volknight Set

This may be a great “starter” set.. great name, great color, great descriptions that remind me of the Die Walkure Opera.. part of Wagner’s Ring Cycle.

Art: 9 Pegasus wings!

Color: 9 Silver and Gold.. yea!

Color Coordination: 6 Whats up with the Welkinite ring?.. and the blue jade

Equip: 9 I especially love the Pegasus ring

Meow.. next one’s almost Purrrrfect

The Pantherine Set

This has like a darker cooler Ziggy Stardust vibe to it.. it’s almost purrrrfect but that cat’s eye ring killed it.. wtf!! Did the artist go on vacation and one of the mods stepped in to draw that brown and green ring?

The only way this can be redeemed is if someone points out to me that I have the wrong ring..

Art: 9 Meowwwwww nice kitty

Color: 9 cool Dark blue

Color Coordination: 4 ugh that one ring!

Equip: 7 love the hood and the cat ring.. the toothpick I’m not so sure..

Next..

The Renagard Set

This set kicks ass! This is all Teutonic, Gothic Knights vibe.. The mace, the longsword, the details on the armour.. This is the Battle of Grunwald.. and this.. is the Gotterdammerung

Art: 10 magnificent gothic era art

Color: 10 magnificent polished silver and gold

Color Coordination: 9.5 I deducted half a point for the trinket being too orangey

Equip: 10 I am ready to go burn Valhalla down!!!

Next

The Sea Templar Set

This is one sloppy, wet, mess... Colors all over the place.. but... This is very close at heart to the Pacific North West coast and also to this Short Storythat I wrote while travelling.

*I also wrote another short story back then to enter in AJ’s Kaw Writing Competition.. I cannot link since it’s locked but you can find by searching on forums for the word “Persephone”.. the Story is called “Into the Abyss”

The set also gets a very high mark for numbered quotes.. the quote sayings are pretty good as well.

Art: 8 The artist went to the 3rd Beach in low tide

Color: 8 May be a bit more vibrant like the Abyss..

Color Coordination: 3 yellow mask, blue ring, just a mess

Equip: 6 the trident is cool.. the helmet is awesome

2. This one misfired.. may I request a lock and delete please ty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.