The Decline of KaW

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Legatus, Oct 24, 2017.

1. I’m not really one for writing threads so I apologise in advance for the lack of direction this thread has - I thought it was fitting to just go off the top of my head since that’s what it appears the devs are doing right now.

(Also it’s pretty long and there aren’t any pictures or fancy colours. I’m sorry.)

The recent update hasn’t really angered me or upset me, nor brought on some sudden realisation that the game is dying. Instead it was just another “Oh great, another update nobody wanted.” And that’s the most depressing part - most people have come to expect each update to ruin the game.

The latest cut and paste from PIMD requires no actual in-game effort or skill, just your bank account to unlock millions in stats that other players will never get access to. The main excuse is that “oh but you can get the items from the free boxes you get every day!” You mean, the ones that have ludicrously low drop rates for anything more rare than some event items? The only way you’ll flesh out those rooms before the heat death of the universe will be to use your nobility either on buying the decorations or the keys to open more boxes.

The devs have slowly forced PvP and OSW out of this game. When EBs were first brought in and made system wars and PWars obsolete overnight, most people welcomed the change from OSFs. It was something new, a reskinned and reworked system that gave gold out to players but was somewhat challenging at higher tiers. Then came the limited time bonus EBs, which most people enjoyed - a bit of extra gold and more equipment for your time, awesome!

New lands crept in with high prices that appeared to only appease those who sat at the very top of the game. There were grumbles, but they were at least achievable for the average player.

And then came HTE, the permanent version of the Haunting promo, with it’s more clear pay-to-play mechanics. Soon after followed events, which required almost 24/7 hitting to achieve leaderboard status and thus earning bots, big spenders and no-lifers far better items than everyone else, with each one making EB equipment more and more obsolete. These events began dropping bronze bars and later silver, billions and even trillions of free gold for doing very little other than what you were already doing. Of course, HTE dropped items better than everything else, so screw you if you don’t sit in a HTE clan for the whole event.

With the gold influx brought by premium EBs, the ally market flew. Gold inflation went crazy and ally prices went through the roof as trillions were thrown at every player who so much as breathed on an EB.

Now we have legends, which are just events given a facelift. Devs promoted all the new exciting things they could do with this system - which have yet to be seen, because there is nothing new and exciting about the same recycled events being pushed out bi-weekly. The PvP weekends are dead, top 50 barely even make it to the highest tier of PvP event rewards and there is no incentive to do anything except hit open farms all weekend, lest you be left behind.

As the devs rolled out ZTA, and Netherking, and pay-to-open boxes, charms and now most recently the throne room, the value of gold is non-existent. Aside from buying the obscenely priced deepmine lands and buildings, it is useless. The average player holds maybe a few trillion in allies. Strip that a few years ago, you were truly to be feared. Strip a couple trillion now and it’s another drop in the ocean, another shrug of the shoulders over a minor setback.

The lack of strip impact is further amplified by the fact that now you can straight up just BUY bonus CS. Why have allies when you can hide millions of stats away in a pretty room on your profile? Why not just turn all of your old equip into charms and boost your stats a little with zero risk?

The other half of PvP has been dead for just as long. Wars are obsolete, along with the equipment they give. At least events used to reward war players with unique equipment and you’d see a war season once or twice a year. I can’t even remember the last season, let alone the last time I participated in a war at all, and the unique equip has all but vanished. War leaderboards now just feed directly into the main event and give you a measly bit of extra gold for your time, as well as a frankly pathetic amount of xtals and aqua/inferno.

Mith and EB equip, save for the few percent based pieces that they released, are now totally pointless, and enchantment prices are obscene for new equipment pieces. Up the stats or just remove the equipment, it’s pointless. Nobody wants or needs old equip for anything other than charms, the introduction of which was probably your way of avoiding having to deal with the plummeting value of EB-dropped items.

The big spenders are titans, behind billions of stats, equip, charms, allies and throne room items. Tier 1-3 buildings are useless. Low tier EBs are pointless. Equip drops and mithril equip are both crap. Allies are nothing but plunder boosts. Gold is nearly worthless thanks to crestplates (that you conveniently left off the deepmine buildings), lands are extortionate and the foundation that you build the game on is now all but dead.

To close, this game is not and never will be PIMD. ATA have become the new EA or Activision, shovelling out recycled features from other games and masking it as something new or innovative in order to grasp the last nickels from their dropping fan base. There is no meaningful communication and any legitimate criticism is met by a vague promise of something that might happen in the future if they actually feel like doing it.

Fix your game or end it already. We’re waiting.

2. who cares i just like gettin gold from events

3. This really was well said, and formatted in a way that is easy to read.
    OP hit the nail on the head.

I have 6k nobs and it's pointless to use it to grow because i only grow to grow more now, rather than to grow to compete i PvP. This is the case with all OSW clans and players now.

We all just grow to grow more, and growing to compete is all but dead.

4. It’s great until the next land takes 10-20T to unlock

Remember Spyglasses? Free land unlocks? Wonder what happened to those...

5. It’s a sad day when I get smashed by someone in pvp because they have purchased better furniture and decorations than me.

6. Agree with everything

Maybe if there was a chance of taking someone's Charms by stealing with PVP.
    It might make PVP more fun and bring some more 1v1 fighting back into the game.
    Having towers reduces the percentage chance of the Charms being taken etc.

7. Really I don't see the use for furniture

The stats are lame even when maxed for hundreds of dollars

I don't see the strategic advantage for 20m extra strength

I don't think anyone really figured out how much allies boost your strength, the equipment, the charms, and more furniture

There are no real numbers, devs chuckle and say you figure it out.

Even if someone does figure out what these numbers mean, coming from a player is really only hearsay and gossip

I hear it's 1% so what am I supposed to do with that info? Buy more allies? For what! So I can be the one guy who signs up for war and get no match? Even the war is boring

So complicated to track a player who is knocked out we need a different app just to make the system work, war commanders are so arrogant you must appease them and tell them how great they are or else they have a little meltdiwn and refuse to play

And win or lose what do you really get, couple event things you could have got more by not spending 2 hours in a war

Look at wars, you sign up stand around figuring out who is going to hit what and who is going to play dead and focus repins, then war starts you unload trying not to get knocked out, pin yourself in the first minute then wait and watch the war play out, then you get back up on yourself far as possible and wait some more, throw a crystal at the end and repeat

What is the point, I can hit eb unload in the few minutes and wait and watch my regen and repeat, no wonder new people are leaving the game, it's boring

So now we are supposed to figure out the mechanics of furniture and spend real paychecks boosting it... For what? Why do we want it? I forgot already

Just natural progress, bigger numbers more shiny and all for what to have enough furniture to solo warbeast while removing the equipment

I feel lately that I'm just playing just to play, there is really no goal, buildings and allies are garbage, at best I can trade some chests I can't open for a trinket or two if I'm lucky

At the end of the day what is the point

There is osw you can join where everyone is so butthurt that it can't possibly end

You could tap a few kingdoms on battle list that will escalate so quickly you'll end up in a battle 1v100 or more as clan mates protect their members, even if you do manage to get a 1v1 you can't ever back down or be called out for it the rest of your life, you lost and no one will ever forget or forgive you for that

How about you're in it to win it, how long is that going to take? You'll be so focused on attacking that one guy who isn't even your size yet, stumping your growth, and having to deal with the rage and trash talk day after day because nobody is backing down without cf terms and no one is going to cf

So why do we even want the big stats for if you can't use them for anything but getting event drops

You could go clan to clan and help noobs, fall behind on your goal to get to the end of event and not get the equipment and reward your accustomed to

And even if you do get that new shiny, what good is it, in 6 months your going to trade it for scraps anyway

You could spend few thousand dollars on black Friday and try to move up the leaderboard, but is the game really any different at that level anyway, same epic battle over and over again like a recurring nightmare, lurking as much as possible so you don't draw attention to yourself while you pile up 500q youth of allies hoping no one notices you

Becoming such a lurk monster avoiding all conflict at all costs, takes 5 minutes to lose all those allies and it's the same amount of time even if you have double that

We are going in all directions at once and have no clue from the developers what any of these numbers mean and why do we even want them

What's the point? Just wasting time you could be calling your family to tell them you love them

Why are we even here?

8. To suffer

9. I 100% agree; I used to play this frequently, but now it's just a disaster.

10. This game makes me sad now. It used to have such a strong war identity and I feel like it has no identity now.

11. The identity revolves around whatever people spend their cash on. Back when wars were bigger, people would splash money on xtals to war and therefore there were frequent war seasons. Now that wars have such low participation due to the crap rewards, the devs no longer bother with them and cater to the leaderboard chasers instead. There hasn’t been a war season in months and the only thing close to one is the obligatory ASW - and even that had fairly low participation.

12. I was there, we made it to the second day, we had a guy with a tracking app and was tracking 98 people with inhuman accuracy

If you need a third party app to make your game work properly there is something seriously wrong

I suggested how they can fix tracking apps with one update and make war so much easier

Dead ears my friends all dead ears

Green Light = up
    Yellow light = window
    Red light = knocked out

Put that overlaid on war roster so who needs a tracker program?

Can't be that hard to fix war

How about full regen every 1 second

Button mashing fingers to the bone for 2 hrs straight, who is going to win that war? Sounds like fun to me

13. I'm sorry but you're completely wrong I for one have been asking for the pet update for at least 3 years I can now get a pet if i choose too.

14. Maybe they can collaborate with Bethesda and release an awesome Horse Armor DLC for just 2,500 nobs?

15. Even outside of war there are so many QoL changes that they could make but just won’t.

The Legends leaderboards, for PvP at least, don’t update unless you fully restart the app.

There’s no option for private group chats even though the social aspect is a big reason for this game’s continued survival.

Clan administration, communication, scheduling EBs, war tracking, leaderboards, removing the stupid new pop-up that comes up right in front of the “Repeat Action” button and causes you to waste an xtal if you’re not paying attention. So much could be worked on but it just doesn’t make money, so why bother?

16. Yeah why bother

I'm shopping for a 'it's new to me' additive game

Don't ask or suggest anything

17. I’ve been looking for a new phone addiction for about a year now and haven’t found anything that sticks like kaw. About to just not be a phone game person anymore.

18. Been there tried this, it failed. Game moved on still here. IF people stop funneling money to them, then maybe they would listen.