An issue that needs to be addressed within KaW Forums

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kasama, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An issue that needs to be addressed within KaW Forums

The KaWmunity recently has been difficult, especially with Forums. There has been a noticeable rise in toxicity.

I understand that toxicity has always been present but recently with the combined efforts of specific individuals, negative and rude comments have been pushed to the forefront in numerous threads.

To name these individuals:

Toddstilllovesbacon/monkey_poo/poo_monkey/poo_jabber and soon I would say jabber_poo (how unoriginal)
    Bionicman
    Roni

If you search through these people's post histories, you will see nothing but hateful posts directed towards everyone and anyone they disagree with.

This is not how you are supposed to present yourself in any setting, even if you shake it off as a simple 'troll' or 'meme'.

There is comedy and their behaviors are nothing but harmful, I can say whole-heartedy I have uninstalled the game several times as you cannot escape these individuals and have been a target for them.

Regardless, I feel this thread is necessary to gather opinions.

Free speech is free speech, I do not request a block feature, just to end this toxicity through means of communication or if absolutely necessary end their terrible reign through *ahem* forum ban.

2. Support.

3. Honestly I think most threads get deliberately derailed on their first page. No attempts at discussion. No attempts to improve on OP's idea, question, or thoughts. No attempts at humor (beyond "lolol I'm so edgy and it's so funny" junk that isn't even a sentence long). Almost all thread responses are mindless drivel at best, and acrid, toxic, and hateful replies at worst. This isn't how meaningful forums operate. Nobody wants to contribute anything meaningful because there's so much junk, and then the responses to the junk are even worse. There isn't a community to be a part of unless you're a mindless, hateful piece of... junk.

4. I farmed Todd till he retired all his accounts but I see him sneaking in a sly post on forums now and again.....maybe I'll need to shut him up again.

5. Not sure if trolling or actually serious..

[​IMG]

6. @Thrawn

There's still hope for this KaWmunity, Thrawn.

I appreciate the enthusiasm :lol:

But yes, there is junk but when hasn't there been junk?

I think it's the fact that there is an abundance of unsavory threads that make that one interesting one worth reading.

Perspective my friend.

These people aren't trolls, Fire.

They are getting reactions out of people but the only people they are amusing are themselves.

They are flamers, nothing more.

7. No support, and thats just my opinion. I dont support any form of filtering at all. if there was no one around to be irrationally mad at me, no one easy to bait, no stupid people, then my fun would be severely cut. I don't support for entirely selfish purposes, but I'm not doing it out of anger or spite. thats just my honest opinion. I like having those idiots around, nobody else would dare start an argument that they know there is no chance of winning. Sure, it might be rude to have a bit of fun while other people have trouble dealing with the issues themselves. I'm not going to defend myself for that. Until the forums see more activity, until more interesting adults show up, and until these half assed troll kids stop being the biggest form of entertainment that the current state of the forums have to offer, I have to say, selfishly, let them stay, or make the forums fun again in your own way.

8. Well, the thing that has really changed is volume of participation on forums. There aren't more junk threads and junk people than there used to be. But there are far, far, FAR fewer good threads, quality posters, and frequent posters. I don't believe in non-adjusted statistics. Yes, there has always been junk, but nowadays (and for the last year and a half I've been active on this account) it's almost entirely junk. The proportion of junk to good is super high. Has raw amount of junk changed? No. But now there isn't much else to draw people in, and so they don't get drawn in.

I was a highly active member of the forum community from mid2010 through 2012. I'm not just complaining about some fictional past, it was my adolesence and the first true friends I made. I can't imagine forming friends on the forums now. In part, that's due to the lack of good posts. But it's also due to the lack of many posts at all. Forums are largely dead, and honestly I think it's because people who would contribute don't, because it just gets lost in the field of junk.

9. @Yogurt

If your idea of a healthy forum is having hateful people continuing their behaviors with no repurcussions... I don't think that's right.

As it is currently, I personally can't escape these individuals as they are basically on every thread in AT.

Trolling is great and all but there has to be a limit, you can troll without being a massive jerk. Can't you?

10. Not sure I understand op,It’s mad at players who the game and are distractions on the in game forum board.My question is to op why mad at these players in a game you don’t even play? And furthermore you want some controls in an in game forum you do not play,why are you such a weirdo?
    Who really cares about the kaw forum if you don’t play kaw,I’m confused

11. It's mad at players who the game and are distractions on the in game forum board... Huh?

I don't play the game, very observant.
    But surely you've noticed I am more aware of forums. These individuals affect forums, hence why I am addressing it.

I don't want controls? I want a Forum KaWmunity that lessens its toxicicity.

I thought that was easy to grasp, instead I'm explaining myself, smh.

I care about KaW Forums even though I'm not active in Kingdoms at War.

Buddy, I've said this point several times before. If you want to tap, tap a little repeat action button up the leaderboard where you'll never, ever, ever stop due to this rising hyper-inflation of stats and gold.

Knock yourself out.

I had my fun up to 32Mil CS, got pretty bored and here I am.

Got me?

12. @Thrawn

I got to agree with you on the friends part, everyone knew everyone on forums and for the most part we were all friendly.

You can't have that friendship being built through familiarity with another poster, a sort of mutual respect built up over conversations on threads.

Stuff changes, I suppose.

13. No I don’t got you,
    So you’re saying the game is boring and you don’t play but you wanna censors players on a message board in game you have no interest in?

14. Quote me where I say censor, otherwise you're putting words in my mouth.

Edit:Also, I am interested in this message board hence why I'm bringing this up.

15. Kasama, it’s people like you that have ruined forums from their glory days when they actually had decent content and active posters that actually played the game.

Every single person you named has contributed more quality discourse to forums than you ever will with your attitude.

16. I remember when Kasama would ply his filth on every page of every thread with the only intention of being hateful and derailing.

Hence the term

"Kasama the llama come to spit on everything"

Take a look in the mirror noob. Stupid hypocrite. Get out and stay gone you joke.

17. You are full of double standards kasama.i didnt even know about you a few years ago you came on my wall insulting me and correcting all my spellings and grammar. This is just a ploy with kasama trying to get us banned from forums. I am nice to everyone until they insult or start on me or my friends . I even had Lioness from Sparta Elite stick up for me in worldchat the other week .She said it takes 20 people all to start on 1 person. This shocked me because me and Lioness had been enemys.But reading what she had wrote in worldchat to all of them.When my speakers had ran out .i got a new found respect for Lioness.I thanked her on her wall and she replyed on mine that she is sick of seeing them all jumping on me and bullying me. That comment is still on my wall if i delete some newer comments you can see.And the reason i came back on kaw yesterday was because i saw them trying to derail and insult X_X on his threads. Which by coincidence are the same ones that try to it to mine.So kasama if you going to try act like a martyr and sweet as pie man then make sure your conscience is clear.Because you as dirty and as guilty as the rest of us with the insults and cyber bullying you have been known for.

18. Alright, how have the individuals I have named contributed to Forums?

I'd like you to go into detail, don't just say "they're better then me" without providing evidence.

I don't recall claiming I'm better than these individuals to begin with.

You think I'm taking some sort of moral high ground or that I'm full of myself?

I assure you, it's the opposite.

I understand you have some hatred towards me for something I may have done in the past but please get across your opinion without being so blatent with it.

19. Prove it, lol

20. Huh, this thread was open for conversation and to gather opinions not to get you forum banned (that was just an addition)

What insults and cyberbullying?

Present them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.