ATA and the clutter of 2017

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Ecstasy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Let's talk about the current UI/UX path that ATA has been on the last few months. I used to play KaW because of the clean, minimalistic and retro UI.
    UI = User interface.
    UX = User experience.

Now, here's my problem, ATA has introduced multiple visual elements into the game in the last few months with no discernable methodology to make for a good UX.
    Since the UI on Android contains layers and elements that are almost a decade old, when ATA adds a new feature, it doesn't look like it belongs to the surrounding elements.

Exhibit 1 : Transmuting on Android

With the introduction of new UI elements, ATA hasn't managed to mesh them with the older layers.

Instead of integrating the new "Transmute" feature as a button into the UI, they have linked it to a text box in the mage. You swipe left on the above highlighted text to enter the Transmute menu.
    Bad UI design right there, they should have redesigned the menu to seamlessly integrate the new game feature, not link it to a text box. It's shoddy work.
    If I was tasked to design a UI to incorporate new visual features and then proceeded to link an existing text box to the new menu, I'd be fired.

Exhibit 2:

Why do I even have two of the same tokens shown separately?

Exhibit 3:

Leftover garbage tokens from older events.

I think most of us can agree that the showcase items needs to be grouped better. Showing 200 of my items without control to arrange how they are displayed is illogical. Why call it a showcase if ATA hasn't refined the way the items are displayed?
    Seems like a giant jumbled mess. It's confusing.
    You should be able to group / hide your showcase elements and refine the way it's displayed. The current grouping system by tab is horrible!

If the entire idea of a showcase is to showcase select items then there needs to be display filters set by the player. Keep in mind that the amount of items you have there is only going to increase, no one wants to wade through 400 odd items looking for something.

Coming to fonts, if you've noticed the fonts in the newer features/menus don't match the other fonts we have in the game. The entire UI is a mish mash of a random assortment of fonts. It doesn't make sense.

They've managed to turn a half decent minimal UI to a jumbled mess. Here's to hoping ATA focuses on fixing the issues with KaW. It's not like they cannot, I've seen the amount of work they've put into their new game the last few months. The KoH team worked/works tirelessly on bug reports and pushing fixes.

Apologies for the BB code errors and lack of fancy codes, writing this from my phone.

2. There is a plan to make them tradable in the future. Hang in there chief they will be useful in near future. Devs already have layout plan of KAW 6 months ahead. I know it sucks to be ADHD 

3. [title=orange+black]Exibit 1[/title]
    The game is designed for 10 year olds
    [title=orange+black]Exibit 2[/title]
    There was a glitch in the matrix leaving a duplicate coin
    [title=orange+black]Exibit 3[/title]
    All the employees that work at ata can't even fill a clan, there is only couple programmers, couple artists, couple cups of coffee, and a few clueless support agents who never played the game one time

4. Agreed with u void,they need to work hard on this one before it dies..well they atleast trying tho

5. What's the point of transmuting old drops no value at all,they should be removed from our inventory as they are just aimless clutter.