Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Stormruler, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Thank youuuu, after speaking to a few Americans they didn't have a clue what grime wAs so couldn't really write a thread on it.. And it'd be awkward comparing two different sub genres but again I thank you for you point

2. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

It makes sense that americans are't too aware of grime. Like it or not, America is essentially the mecca of hip hop, and every region around the world looks at america as a golden standard. Every form of rap around the world draws heavy influences from modern or previous famous us artists (wutang, a tribe called quest, big daddy kane, tupac, nas, eminem, lil wayne, kanye, future, chief keef, etc).

I dont mean to say other forms of rap arent as good, because i definitely enjoy artists like skepta(UK), Keith Ape (Korea), Higher Brothers(China). Hip hop is whatever you make of it, and the cultural diffusion of it across the world is amazing.

3. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Grime is not UK rap... how many times do people need to be told, 2 different genres...

4. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Your gif of a drill chuck being powered by a drill motor was holding a screw or a tap with no proper lead in so I was confused from the get go. :roll:

5. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Young Pappy without a doubt
    Lud Foe and Montana of 300 are dope too

6. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

U.S. n I suggest u listen to king Louie. He originated it

7. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Grime = UK Rap
    however,
    UK Rap does not = Grime

if you disagree, i suggest you utilize our great internet resource.

8. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Pretty much is tbh, can you name any UK rappers that stick completely to rap?

9. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Damn bro you beet me too it brah

Me personally I dabble in a bit of makita, of the 18 volt sub genre, you get a lot more BPM for your buck, it goeses through those concrete walls like butter

However at the weekend I like getting on the Milwaukee, it's the only drill that touches the sides

-GRIZZY- for VK

10. Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Devlin/K-Koke... Alot of older school uk rappers. You a fan of don't flop(youtube channel)?