Why dump PC Players ????

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Reine_de_la_mort, Jul 1, 2017.

1. There are lots of comments about the latest upgrade to the game in another thread, and I wanted to start one dedicated to the developer’s discrimination of KAW’s PC players.

Compared to some players, I’m a fairly new KAW player with only 4 years under my belt. Still, I’ve enjoyed my time spent on the game and in the course of my play, I’ve spent a lot of money here.

Here’s my thinking on developing an upgrade: It’s risky. It is not a quick or easy process by any means. Upgrades take a lot of work and knowledge and time to develop and program and maintain. Hopefully, the changes made will be agreeable to the players and everyone will stay and continue to pay-to-play by spending their hard-earned money in the KAW Marketplace.

But dropping PC’ers from full gameplay is a really skunky and shabby thing to do. It’s disrespectful and shows contempt for the people that the developers have made a lot of money off of over the years. They should be ashamed of treating part of the KAW community in this way. Who is next to be dropped ?

The devs say they hope we understand why they dumped the PC’ers with this latest upgrade. But they didn’t actually ask for our input did they? They seem to think that players would not mind being discarded or treated as a lower class of player – I have to assume that it is because they feel they make enough money now, that they no longer need the PC’ers and the $$$ they spend in the game. Which, you know, is totally their call.

Here’s a thought: Let the developers know what the KAW community thinks of how some of their players have been thrown away like yesterday’s newspaper. Even if you do not yourself play on a PC, if you know someone who does, then you know how this latest upgrade has affected the PC’ers. If you agree a modification to the game that’ll let the PC’ers continue to play as a regular players collecting silver bars and other event rewards is the decent thing to do, show your support by replying to this thread.

Oh and Devs? Feel free to contribute something to this thread too. The entire KAW community – not just the PC’ers - would really appreciate learning what you REALLY think of them.

Because no one is reading my response on page 2 I'm injecting here:

2. To easy to cheat on pc, they need to just get rid of all pc access

Not including programs and scripts

People have hired others around the world to play for them while they sleep

It just needs to go

3. Agreed. PC players are treated like trash

4. People will use an emulator and cheat anyway, the updates are only effecting the legitimate pc players.

5. Ok, here's the deal OP, and I mean no disrespect with what I'm about to say.

The Devs stopped caring about KaW a long time ago. KaW has become a cash cow that they will milk till it inevitably dies, and then move on to the next best game.

The Devs do not, have not, have never, and will never give a damn about us, the player base, and the sooner you comprehend that and let that go, the sooner you can begin to truly enjoy this game while you still can.

Take a page from my book, convert to whatever exploit build fits you best, stop spending money on this waste of space, and just start having fun again.

If you don't heed my words you're in for a long, dissapointing time here in KaW. Its up to you OP. Sleep on it if you have to.

6. The devs have not dropped players from full gameplay, the update not supported by pc is the new legends system. Game play is still as it was on pc for that exception.

Pc players can still access legends on their device to activate the legend missions. Once they are activated pc players can play on pc and accumulate their items. To retrieve the rewards per tier pc users simply need to jump on device and collect and go back to pc.

The reasoning behind this is updates to events and legend missions are a lot faster this way.

You have to remember the community is always asking for something new, being so it takes some time programming this for iOS, android and pc. That's 3 different platforms to code. As pc is still functional as it was before this does making things easier and faster for developers.

7. Not wrong

8. All very true. I haven't met an pc-only player in a long long time either. I'm not sure how prevalent the platform still is. Maybe I'm wrong?

9. Most of my accounts were on ipod4. ATA decided no longer to support ipod4. Therefore I could only play these accounts on PC.
    Now legends are not available to my PC accounts. To me that sucks.
    No longer can I enjoy the game the way I did. That's my side of this development. Should I quit? Well I'm sure thinking of it. For now downgraded my gameplay.

10. Everyone on kongregate is a PC only player do you and your mod team have a magical solution for that?

11. ATA is a business and they have smart people that can read and interpret data on their userbase to decide where limited resources should be best allocated :)

If you don't like their decisions regarding resource allocation then feel free to leave and go tap tap elsewhere.

12. Older devices are not updatable anymore and due to the constant updates newer devices have, old devices are left behind so kaw can keep up to date to the newer devices and programming, due to the update versions of android and iOS kaw just needs to be updated to reach apples and googles policy and device usage terms.

13. Many people ik have pc alts, I understand the reasoning just allow for more then 1 account per device and this issue will be some what resolved. Don't just brush it under the carpet as it's infuriating.

14. Easy fixable. All is needed is to add SafetyNet Attestation API. 5 minutes job and Bluestacks won't work anymore.

15. There isn't a whole lot of pure PC players but I am one who does both PC and Idevice and I know a few others like me.

16. I truly wonder how many play on kongregate 

17. Lots of interesting responses.

Aside from the 'you don't like it, go somewhere else' snarky and immature replies, it was very informative - clearly these individual have not spent as much money in this game as I or other responders have. Turns out there are still a lot of peeps using their PCs.

I play PC because of my vision and my limited hand mobility - phones are just too small to do a lot of tapping on or see/read on. But I do have a phone and so can use the workaround. Sadly, I no longer have the phones for my alts, so I guess those babies will play the way we used to before events came along. Ah well, it's a slower way to build, but still works.

Still, it would be nice if devs permitted more than one (maybe 2 or 3) per device though :) Honestly, I do not understand why there is a limit at all....seems like devs could make a lot more money if there was no 1-per-device limit.

Thanks folks for the valuable feedback - this was my very first thread, so delighted to see it generated some debate.

18. I have a plethora of old iDevices and androids that I made accounts on. Since that time they've become inaccessible due to damage, being outdated or simply too unstable to even launch this app, which forced me to use PC in order to keep playing them. Now PC is also being discontinued, I have old accounts that I would like to use that are no longer able to grow effectively as devs excluded them from Legends.

19. Buy a samsung Galaxy 3 for 100 dollars(Manufacturer). You wont lose support for a while, and can acess all your accounts you want, just log into each account w the app.

I myself have an account with Kongregate games for Kaw, and that account is literally dead to me now. I cannot do legends/events and nothing can allow me to do that.

I had an account with mochi games - The original me- Suptis. Mochi Games no longer exists.

For you, you are fortunate as long as your acc is linked with ATA.

I however am not, and will essentially lose my second account.

I was a pc user, but pc usage(pc only) is being phased out, especially since Mobile devices have added large benifits to gameplay in comparison to Pc

20. Hi folks,

We have three different places to play KAW and each one has a different UI. That means not only is it 3x the amt of development time to create new features, it's also 3x the design time.

We only have limited resources, so we choose to develop on iOS and Android first. This let's us move faster and get more done. If those features are successful we can port them over to PC eventually.

You'll also notice the UI for new features on both iOS and Android is being consolidated. This is a good thing for KAW in general despite the short term pain for PC users.

We don't intend to dump PC players. We also ran some analysis on the amt of PC ONLY players and it's a very small amt compare to iOS and Android. If you are a PC ONLY player I know it sucks to hear that, but we'll do our best to continue to support PC while we launch new features on iOS and Android.

Thanks.