Hitchhiker's Guide to the KaWlaxy

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Daphnia, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Future Combat: Patriots at War Important Thread List

Our game may be gone but our forums live.. Here is a list of the most important and useful threads from our game. I hope KaW forums can appreciate the work and time that went into making these threads.

From "Best Of" Sub-Forum

The Future Combat Build Guide by Von_Holmes

FC Build Calculator by -DK-

Battle Mechanics by Daphnia

Jester King of FC by fc

The FC Handbook by Hazzernator

Build Types and Mechanics by -DK-

From "Strategy" Sub-Forum

FAQ: Future Combat Basics by ShadyMarine

Abbreviation/FC language guide by Mr_Bluejay

Complete Missions Guide by Potter

Stripping Percentage Lost Per Raid by IlIlIlIlI-MoS-3lack3ear-MoS-lIlIlIlIlI

READ THIS IF YOU'RE NEW by tmh

From "Wars" Sub-Forum

RWC Medal Ceremony - Official Wrap-Up Thread by fc

SWAR History of FC by Daphnia

From "Other FC Discussion" Sub-Forum

The Last BBCode Guide by Potter

Guide for Forum Pictures and Quirks by Potter

One-Stop Guide Shop by Potter

IN HONOR OF MACK by urial

From "Off Topic" Sub-Forum

Hazzy's Hideout by Hazzernator

it's been 2 years.. by Potter

The Daphnia Thread Series'

Daphnia wrote a great many informative threads including the incredible SWAR History of FC. But these threads below are her threads that are all a part of a set.

PAST COMBAT Thread Series

May 2014

Mid-June 2014

July 2014

FC Interviews Thread Series

_PsG_DoG_

LadyRaven

Slayer___z

TrueEnglishWarrior

Miss_de_las_Rosas

Kallas52

Trueblade

VonSpelling

legolas-greenleaf

AlexiScriabin

Potter

I hope this shows you how much history we had in our game and thank you for accepting us into your future KaW.

4S-Moody

2. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Great post daph!! I wish I had this guide when I was transitioning from farmville to kaw!

3. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Nice work, alot of effort

4. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Gr8 job der daph

5. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Sticky this asap.

6. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Another great thread from daph! Hopefully you still with be in forums a lot

7. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Awesome job Daph  this should help a lot of ppl.

When I started new accounts, I would always do 12CoE n 12Guilds. Then start opening lands aggressively. As you open lands, I used to throw down guilds (lvl 4), as you noted dues to GH changes for wars, lvl 1 SoS may work better now. This helps to get decent plunder very quick and you don't have to plan your final build yet since these are cheap to tear down in the end.

Another helpful hint is that Haunt (therefore HTE too) requires 50m raw atk stats to hit relatively successfully. So set this as an early goal to achieve via bldgs n equip (even lower lvl equip if needed). If you are close, but not quite 50m then doesn't be afraid to use the 1mith atk spell called battle fury. This will give you a temporary attack boost when you are too small to when on bigger ebs. Note that mith cost change with you size (the bigger you get, the more expensive it becomes). So definitely buy 6 (maximum purchasable amount with gold) as soon as you ug to lvl 3 castle and also only use when you are small on ebs that are worth the mith investment (ie mith cost 450m per mith; eb should make triple by the end to recoup what you spend on mith to hit).

Hopefully that helps some as well 

8. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Last time I tested it Haunts took 30mil raw attack stats to hit successfully and I learned this when equip first came out. I could be wrong but I don't see why they'd change it 

9. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

This is a really good thread, OP.
    I'd say welcome to KaW but you appear like you've already learned the basics.

10. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Also, I found when I started that the minimum spy bldgs needed before equipment to successfully hit all ebs was either 4 lvl 4 guild or 2 lvl 3 SoS. However this is a minimum. As Daph stated spies are much more important here. They don't increase your FH plunder as much as atk bldg but the compensate greatly on the back end payout of ebs. So much so that my hansel accounts grow much more quickly than my attack accounts.

11. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

What a wonderful thread Daphnia, I'm glad I can get off the fllor now and take off the paper bag...though it did help with the hyperventilating

*puts paperbag back on*

12. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Attack llama?! Who knew!  Nice thread for beginner FC transfer players. 

13. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Nice thread and helpful guide to transitioning players from FC my friend.

14. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Also I'd suggesting searching for the "kawculator" it will help you figure your build in the long run.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: As I am not entirely sure if this represents a 3rd party app if any mod sees this and believes it does please delete this post.

15. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Lmao at the translator 

Good job daphy ️

16. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Nice thread! This will a sticky thread to help our friends transition over to KaW :-)

17. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

This would work fine for GaW vets too, good job OP

18. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Great thread to get fcers to start up

19. Re: FCers Guide to the KaWlaxy

Your guildhansel stats are way incorrect