Vaccines Debate

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Vaccines Debate

Postby Kasama on May 21 2019, 3:57pm

Google definitions...

viable
/ˈvʌɪəb(ə)l/
adjective
capable of working successfully; feasible.

Would you consider billions of lives lost over the course of several generations SUCCESSFUL?

No.

How does one know with absolute certainty that a natural immunity will occur?.. Especially before we're all extinct?

OP isn't from the future so they don't know.

Look at the next term, feasible.

feasible
/ˈfiːzɪb(ə)l/
adjective
possible to do easily or conveniently.

Is killing billions of people and waiting AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME to get results that MAY not even come. Something that can be done easily and conveniently?

No.

Op, doesn't know what viable or feasible mean.
Kasama

Postby Thrawn on May 21 2019, 5:15pm

All I'm gonna say here.

Experts generally agree that smallpox has almost certainly been around and affecting humans since the dawn of agriculture about 12,000 years ago (right around the time humans started living in villages instead of roaming tribes). Earliest certain evidence is from ca. 1500BCE or so, if you need mummy evidence of it. It was the scourge of humanity for probably 12,000 years--horrible, horrible illness, and most people expected to catch it during their lifetime.

Worldwide efforts to eradicate smallpox via vaccine started seriously in 1950, following regional efforts to eradicate it (one country at a time) that began in the mid to late 1800s, depending on the country (but not all countries tried). Further concerted efforts were made through the 1960s, small teams dedicated towards stomping out ALL smallpox reservoirs worldwide. By using the smallpox vaccine.

The WHO declared smallpox eradicated worldwide in 1980. 30 years after the concerted worldwide effort began. To eradicate one of the most contagious, long-lasting diseases in human history.

Just sayin'. I'd take 30-150y to eradicate a disease over 3,500-12,000y+ any day. Not debating, just some facts I remember from history. Do with them whatever you want, I'm not your mom.
Thrawn

Postby MOlST on May 21 2019, 5:39pm

Thrawn wrote:All I'm gonna say here.

Experts generally agree that smallpox has almost certainly been around and affecting humans since the dawn of agriculture about 12,000 years ago (right around the time humans started living in villages instead of roaming tribes). Earliest certain evidence is from ca. 1500BCE or so, if you need mummy evidence of it. It was the scourge of humanity for probably 12,000 years--horrible, horrible illness, and most people expected to catch it during their lifetime.

Worldwide efforts to eradicate smallpox via vaccine started seriously in 1950, following regional efforts to eradicate it (one country at a time) that began in the mid to late 1800s, depending on the country (but not all countries tried). Further concerted efforts were made through the 1960s, small teams dedicated towards stomping out ALL smallpox reservoirs worldwide. By using the smallpox vaccine.

The WHO declared smallpox eradicated worldwide in 1980. 30 years after the concerted worldwide effort began. To eradicate one of the most contagious, long-lasting diseases in human history.

Just sayin'. I'd take 30-150y to eradicate a disease over 3,500-12,000y+ any day. Not debating, just some facts I remember from history. Do with them whatever you want, I'm not your mom.

BIG PHARMA fed you those facts. Fake news. Sorry but it’s not true.
MOlST

Postby Thrawn on May 21 2019, 7:24pm

Idk man smallpox is terrifying no matter who talks about it. Smallpox, meningitis, and prion diseases are the top three entries on my list of "pls no infect me" (not necessarily in that order).
Thrawn

Postby HardlyAvaliable on May 22 2019, 3:34am

Thrawn wrote:Idk man smallpox is terrifying no matter who talks about it. Smallpox, meningitis, and prion diseases are the top three entries on my list of "pls no infect me" (not necessarily in that order).

Yeah. Prion diseases have no cure. Please no mad cow disease. Ty lol
HardlyAvaliable

Postby Thrawn on May 22 2019, 5:17am

Or fatal familial insomnia (lucky me, not in a family that is affected), or kuru.

No vaccines available for any of them either. Guess natural selection will eventually eradicate the need for legislation that minimizes the risk of BSE/TSE/mad cow disease in our food system though so we're in luck :^)
Thrawn

Postby HiT__Huma__HiT on May 22 2019, 6:33am

XoXoX wrote:
whipped_cream wrote:This isn’t a debate. Kids need to get their vaccines, end of story.

There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including: 

•Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
•Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
•Anaphylaxis
•Febrile Seizures
•Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
•Brachial Neuritis;
•Acute and Chronic Arthritis
•Thrombocytopenia
•Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
•Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
•Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
•Protracted, inconsolable crying
•Syncope
•Deltoid Bursitis

I'm not a medical expert but do you really want to risk all that so your kid doesn't get chicken pox?

Your last point there is correct. You are not a medical expert. Experts say get the vaccine. It’s a no brained. Tylenol has crazy possible side effects yet we all accept it’s minimal risk. Fact is these diseases are coming back cause of lack of vaccines.
HiT__Huma__HiT

Postby XoXoX on May 22 2019, 6:53am

HiT__Huma__HiT wrote:
XoXoX wrote:
whipped_cream wrote:This isn’t a debate. Kids need to get their vaccines, end of story.

There is a wide spectrum of vaccine complications, which have been identified and acknowledged in the medical literature and by the Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academy of Sciences, including: 

•Brain Inflammation/Acute Encephalopathy
•Chronic Nervous System Dysfunction
•Anaphylaxis
•Febrile Seizures
•Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS)
•Brachial Neuritis;
•Acute and Chronic Arthritis
•Thrombocytopenia
•Smallpox, polio, measles and varicella zoster vaccine strain infection
•Death (smallpox, polio and measles vaccine)
•Shock and “unusual shock-like state”
•Protracted, inconsolable crying
•Syncope
•Deltoid Bursitis

I'm not a medical expert but do you really want to risk all that so your kid doesn't get chicken pox?

Your last point there is correct. You are not a medical expert. Experts say get the vaccine. It’s a no brained. Tylenol has crazy possible side effects yet we all accept it’s minimal risk. Fact is these diseases are coming back cause of lack of vaccines.

yup all your facts are correct too, as are all mine. the rest is opinion which cannot be judged as wrong nor right
XoXoX

Postby Wolfie69 on May 24 2019, 11:34am

My source..Little Pharmer, states that the only fake news here is any SpaceBook "Phactoids" quoting Fanboy/girl purporting to be anything other than a troll. :roll:
Wolfie69

Postby AshtonRocks on May 24 2019, 12:28pm

Vaccinations = Easy mode
Manually infecting yourself then fighting it of = Hard mode
AshtonRocks

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion