Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have ruined KaW. Change my mind️

Postby Para_Bellum on Oct 10 2018, 4:34pm

It is obvious that charms have some unintended consequences. OP analysis is spot on. There are going to be groups of people unhappy and hurt no matter what is going to be devs next step.
Devs may chose to reverse or limit charms effectiveness and make all recent charm miners and their clients unhappy. They may chose to do nothing sealing the interest in game for those that support game by in game purchases.
No matter what you do, there will be unhappy people. Doing nothing will certainly hurt the biggest and most vital to game segment. Hope that is not what is going to happen. Hurting black market spenders is fine with me and in my opinion least affecting the game's future.
I suggest workable solution.
Stop new charms tradability or stackability right away. Work on reduction of stackability/ power when stacked as it was suggested. Those that have too many useless charms, now be able to trade them back for something else. Players with little charms still would see value in otherwise useless to mega charmers excess charms. This may be a good compromise.
Most important though is to stop abuse immediately and work on system to even up gaps already in existence. Those gaps grow with every weekend, so time is of essence here.
I will be watching what happens next. If this issue is ignored, Black Friday specials would be completely useless to me. Hope, others see it same way.
Para_Bellum

Postby xXP_3Xx_CaLy_xXP_3Xx on Oct 10 2018, 4:46pm

Good thread; support. Will be interested to see where this goes.
xXP_3Xx_CaLy_xXP_3Xx

Postby ________________MuSaNg_____IDD on Oct 10 2018, 5:41pm

LordSavan wrote:
House_-_LoneDrow_-_DoUrden wrote:They shuld make an item in the market for let's say 500T to temporarily disable your opponent's charms for lats say 5-10 minutes lol

This a surprisingly good idea. 75 mith or so for a spell to ignore your opponents charms for 2hours. Makes charms stacks combatable, and makes strips of charm heavy players possible, without removing or nerfing them. Plus, there will be a use for mith again.

This two points are both great idea. Since the strip window now is 5 minutes. Some how big accounts have uncanny ability to come online anytime 24/7 within 5 minutes
________________MuSaNg_____IDD

Postby Karma on Oct 11 2018, 5:31am

Yea those are some good ideas. Make them expensive though to encourage people to war, if it was going to be a mith spell. This spell would be pretty much for strips only, or used in indi at the start to ko a charm giant.

Postby DevilsTriangle on Oct 11 2018, 7:44am

It’s ironic that they stopped volley drops on allies years ago because of the obvious exploitation to get stronger ...but came up with charms and trading charms which was guaranteed to be kaw alt farming ...I guess because they could put a nobility price on equipment furniture whatever ...and volleying of allies they couldn’t generate revenue ...I guess that’s the only reason why I can think they allowed something this stupid ...but hey whatever...I mean the sad thing is kaw isn’t even a good game it was more a social app talking to people In clans that kept people around ...
DevilsTriangle

Postby A-C-A on Oct 11 2018, 8:11am

DevilsTriangle wrote:It’s ironic that they stopped volley drops on allies years ago because of the obvious exploitation to get stronger ...but came up with charms and trading charms which was guaranteed to be kaw alt farming ...I guess because they could put a nobility price on equipment furniture whatever ...and volleying of allies they couldn’t generate revenue ...I guess that’s the only reason why I can think they allowed something this stupid ...but hey whatever...I mean the sad thing is kaw isn’t even a good game it was more a social app talking to people In clans that kept people around ...

If your just gonna complain about the game quit already
A-C-A

Postby -SKyBot- on Oct 11 2018, 9:01am

LordSavan wrote:
House_-_LoneDrow_-_DoUrden wrote:They shuld make an item in the market for let's say 500T to temporarily disable your opponent's charms for lats say 5-10 minutes lol

This a surprisingly good idea. 75 mith or so for a spell to ignore your opponents charms for 2hours. Makes charms stacks combatable, and makes strips of charm heavy players possible, without removing or nerfing them. Plus, there will be a use for mith again.

Agreed, that's a brilliant idea there.Thats very likely to be implemented if the devs care to work on it. 
-SKyBot-

Postby -SKyBot- on Oct 11 2018, 9:04am

We have so many of fantastic ideas here, only if the developers actually care to go through them and try to be more transparent regarding why they're still on a defensive stance against those exploits.Sadly, there's barely any interaction between devs and players even here in forums, which makes me doubt are they even concerned to work on it.
-SKyBot-

Postby Dynasty on Oct 11 2018, 9:48am

empire_foxygirl wrote:
Karma wrote:Usually I wouldn’t drop any kinda bombs but I’m feelin spicy today. Let’s get into it.

Charms have ruined KaW, change my mind. ️

Those of you who might think new lands are a big deal, they’re not. Charms are the only thing that matter in this game anymore. With the PvP farms, emulators, charm farms etc, the game will be unplayable for those not willing to spend $700-$800 each event for stacks of 100 . By Christmas 300b will be normal.

That shouldn’t be the case. Charms alone have single handedly ruined this game. If bfa actually meant anything, CR and Tangra wouldn’t be in the position that they are in. Huge lbs crippled because apoc/wdgaf lbs spent thousands to beat them. Bfa is harder to acquire regardless of all of these promos. Which is why they spent so much. Think about it, they all mock Tangra for spending so much on those huge accs but... nobody stops to think about how much they spent and still spend on charms. It is arguably higher. Much higher.

And yea, I am gunna say that people have spent thousands, because they have. People don’t just get given charms. Especially in stacks of 100 , totalling 70-80b per event. You, the developers cannot stand aside and turn a blind eye. You aren’t making profit on this. And you are only making 10% of what charm sellers are making. They’re exploiting your system. It’s too late now though, take away what people have spent thousands on and the game is done. Instead we’re now all stuck in a declining game, all because of the new charms system which you foolishly unleashed upon us all. The main reason why is because charms are trade-able. The game would arguably be in a much healthier state than it is in now, if charms weren’t trade-able.

Also, if charms weren’t trade-able, it would encourage players to play more and try harder to reach the next event tier.

This game has seriously lost its way. Bfa and stats don’t mean anything. You can get hundreds of billions in charms in minutes just by opening your wallet. Provided you’re within hit range of your target, you can crush them. Even if you’re 1/4 their size. I opened my eyes and realised that actually. Why? Spending thousands on a tap tap game just to ensure victory? Anyone in the real world would call us a bunch of idiots.

The game is ruined and it’ll never go back to being great again. We’re too far gone into this mess for any drastic changes to occur. I’m already not spending anymore on charms, but having checked out a bunch of peoples showcases, they have stacks of each charm from current and recent events, of 100 . For every exploit that gets patched, 1-2 more are discovered.

Furniture isn’t so bad, as it is actually capped, only 1 piece per slot and a max level of 10. Sure, everyone is on a level playing field which then means that bfa is still the king. Same goes for equipment. Only 1 piece per slot, max level of 10-13 depending on the event and equipment. That still means bfa is the king.

“Stop complaining and adapt” I have adapted. As my 330b charms and max furniture suggests. It’s nice being able to farm top 5 ally lbs with ease, but my showcase will be normal by Christmas and irrelevant by February. You guys who wanna keep spending, keep spending, its your money, do what you want with it. It’ll all be wasted when the servers shut down.

“But charms balance out the Lb” technically they do. As I can farm pretty much anyone now. Technically they don’t, as they can also be acquired by anyone including those lbs that I can farm. Meaning that if they acquire as much as I have, they’re still stronger, as they have more bfa than I do. Meaning that I now have to spend more to beat them. And you see, this is exactly the cycle that Wdgaf/Apoc went through early on when they got into osw with DEM. And congrats to them, they’ve obliterated Tangra (Tweety was a huge help) and CR is just a bunch of loyalists who remain to defend the clans legacy/reputation, even though they’re pretty much done. (They should throw in the towel tbh)

I have nothing against any clans or anybody on here really. Just to clear that one up.

I’m done caring about the game. Why? Because I’m looking into the future of the game. It is messy. It is dark. New players won’t stand a chance. Why? Because of charms. New players will be encouraged to spend as much as they can just to be able to compete with literally anybody. Let’s face it, all it would take is someone to make an alt, keep it at GH stats, load it with charms and just like that, you have an acc that can and will drive new players away.

We haven’t even gotten into the indi war aspect of it yet.

So charms even affect system wars! Yea. They do. We got small players such as Link, foxy, Diudiu, dragon heart knight, bliss, musang, imperfectone, who all stay at the same stats. Why? A few reasons. They’re lower on the clan roster so generally speaking they get less attention, they’re small so it’s not worth plundering them, and they can even at that size, take down lb players. How? With charms!

I honestly think that system wars should have been heavily revamped, charm rewards for doing PvP and/or system wars should have superior stats to the eb charm rewards. Maybe give the top 10 charms rewards a special effect, if you want any ideas for effects then go check out Kurisu’s thread on new mith equipment, there’s some brilliant ideas there. And mith equipment also, create new equipment for each season or event, buff the stats to current levels, make them look great, give them effects, it would be worth the investment, you’d breathe new life into wars. Just look at how well the new war type was received, I haven’t tried it yet but it looks absolutely great! The new war type has already increased the system war population. But you don’t see any profit in that. You want profit? Make a damn effort, listen to the community and act on it.

So any of you wondering why I’m quitting, this is why. The game has run its course and it’s never been in decline to this scale before.

And don’t even think about locking the thread or silencing me, for mentioning cheating systems or purchasing of in game items via 3rd party apps. The black market is very real and the evidence for it is everywhere. Just because it’s not politically correct to mention those things, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be mentioned.

I dont grow because no gold to ug, i dont hit eb much, i mostly do wars, my plunder on eb sucks because of my towers

did u actually just quote the whole op
Dynasty

Postby [ATA]Winston on Oct 11 2018, 4:16pm

-SKyBot- wrote:We have so many of fantastic ideas here, only if the developers actually care to go through them and try to be more transparent regarding why they're still on a defensive stance against those exploits.Sadly, there's barely any interaction between devs and players even here in forums, which makes me doubt are they even concerned to work on it.

I'm actually in the forums multiple times a week and have read all of the suggestions in the post. Charms are certainly a known issue - it's been brought up in the forums and in various help tickets. There isn't a simple solution to the issue but it is something we are thinking through as a team. As previously mentioned by someone else in the thread, there is no solution that will keep everyone happy.
[ATA]Winston
Game Designer

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion