Make A Good Thread Day Returns [MGTD]

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Make A Good Thread Day Returns [MGTD]

Postby _-KotFE_PrincessBacon_KotFE-_ on Apr 16 2018, 3:32pm

Mei wrote:
_-KotFE_PrincessBacon_KotFE-_ wrote:How do you give someone keys and xtals?

Moody has discussed the prizes with the devs. He'll contact them with the winners' names so they can give them their prizes.

Oh that’s so cool! The devs helping is cool.
_-KotFE_PrincessBacon_KotFE-_

Postby Psyacidal_Cow on Apr 16 2018, 3:36pm

Moody wrote:They are welcome to make an about me Thread if they wish, but surely it is their decision and not mine to enforce upon them - I thought a competition with prizes would be a better way of getting the community together in the spirit of Good Thread writing.

This thread was written on a phone with no pc input - but I just know the codes through practice. Lack of pc isn’t an excuse for no bbcodes.

Do bbcodes make a Good Thread? Absolutely not. It’s all about content and my opinion is the content currently on forums is no where near the standard of 3 years ago. I’m pretty sure most people would agree.

If you don’t like the competition then you don’t have to enter Donna. But does that mean it won’t be fun for people who do want to have a go at some creative thread writing?

Why cant you stop your whining and bitterness in forums..you're one of the worst ones in a while always attacking people etc..if it ain't your thing do what 99.9% of others do and move on....now with all that derailing out the way...

kudos moody for realizing we need more content and trying to re-implement something that's worked in the past. All haters can dispute objections in my nf til then good day
Psyacidal_Cow

Postby -grizzy- on Apr 16 2018, 4:26pm

Well I did read one post on this thread that makes a bit of sense why even post a thread when you just get Todd or some other tool coming along and ruining it? and yeh forums are dead for this very reason too many idiots Gl everyone participating.
-grizzy-

Postby Psyacidal_Cow on Apr 16 2018, 4:39pm

Original_Belladonna wrote:
Moody wrote:To summarise my decision to include new moderators as judges and not open it up more generally:

1) I think an opportunity to get to know new moderators is valuable. Knowing what makes them laugh and what makes them friendly makes this community better because we are all on the same side. The side of having a good time in this app.

2) why didn’t I choose classic forummers? Because currently the forums are a bit rubbish... we used to have hilarious threads littering active topics. AshesofEden and WillyTheDeuce would light up our screens and make this a great place to hang out. These days, the characters are not as witty.

3) is it all about wit? Of course not, MGTD winners can be the most interesting, most informative or simple a personal story that could intrigue the masses. The moderator team is always chosen to be representative of the whole community and I hoped that would be the case now.

4) I’m still learning. I haven’t run a MGTD before and I am only human. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get to know the new gang but I understand that it could look like an elitist club. I will bare this in mind for future MGTD that I want to run and definitely open it out to more of the Kawmunity.

I hope that clears it up a bit. But ultimately your dislike of any feature of this MGTD should be directed at myself as I am the puppet master of this event.

Let’s just have a bit of fun, be creative and see what interesting stuff we can read on Saturday.

Moody️

Why can’t these new mods create an “about me” thread to explain themselves and what they’re into so the KaWmunity gets to know them? Also, the forums are “rubbish”? How so? Because they’re not littered with bb codes and bold fonts? I mean, unless you want to make it easier to create a “flashier” thread, forums will stay stagnant. These forums have been the same for years, they would do better with easier accessibility for everyone. I can’t do bb codes on my phone, but if I were on PC, it would be so much easier. That’s why the forums are rubbish, because it takes so much just to get a decent looking thread like how we used to have back in the early days of KaW.

Not sure what happened. But this should have been in my OP..comments directed at belladonna not moody
Psyacidal_Cow

Postby Original_Belladonna on Apr 16 2018, 5:11pm

Psyacidal_Cow wrote:
Why cant you stop your whining and bitterness in forums..you're one of the worst ones in a while always attacking people etc..if it ain't your thing do what 99.9% of others do and move on....now with all that derailing out the way...

kudos moody for realizing we need more content and trying to re-implement something that's worked in the past. All haters can dispute objections in my nf til then good day

Bitterness and always attacking people? Oh, please elaborate on that fallacy. Prove that I have been attacking others. Rebuttals aren’t attacks, as I’ve already told Domo once before when he claimed I was attacking him.
Original_Belladonna

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Apr 17 2018, 1:14am

If you have nothing positive to add then get out of thread. Do a “about me thread” thread so your not attacking players in and or derailing others threads.
Moody trying to get something started here. You’re killing the vibe.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Postby Original_Belladonna on Apr 17 2018, 1:47am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:If you have nothing positive to add then get out of thread. Do a “about me thread” thread so your not attacking players in and or derailing others threads.

You just can’t handle facts, Domo. You think it’s attacking when someone proves you wrong. I am offering information. If you’re offended by what information I’m offering, you can get out of the thread. Forums aren’t a place for weak individuals who can’t handle rebuttal.
Last edited by Original_Belladonna on Apr 17 2018, 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.
Original_Belladonna

Postby illIli__SEVEN__iIlill on Apr 17 2018, 3:45am

illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi wrote:If you have nothing positive to add then get out of thread. Do a “about me thread” thread so your not attacking players in and or derailing others threads.

You just can’t handle facts, Domo. You think it’s attacking when someone proves you wrong. I am offering information. If you’re offended by what information I’m offering, you can get out of the thread. Forums aren’t a place for weak individuals who can’t hand rebuttal.

I've read through the forums. Domo has been pretty much on course with pointing out your viral hatred for what really is the truth. You have it all wrong Original_Belladonna, the forums aren't a place for weak individuals who can't handle the truth. Your rebuttals have been just mostly false and out right combative. Not sure what actually you are trying to come across as but the way you are doing it is getting your message lost in the process. It's ok to get beat it's how you act when you do is the measure of an adult. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps
illIli__SEVEN__iIlill

Postby Mei on Apr 17 2018, 4:48am

You just can’t handle facts, Domo. You think it’s attacking when someone proves you wrong. I am offering information. If you’re offended by what information I’m offering, you can get out of the thread. Forums aren’t a place for weak individuals who can’t hand rebuttal.

Emphasized the part where domo suggests taking the argument/rebuttal to your own thread. Please stop derailing this one. Moody put a good amount of time and effort into this and even asked the devs for in game rewards to give to the winners and incentive to get more positive posts in forums. Please don't take your anger out on this thread. Thank you.
Mei

Postby Kasama on Apr 17 2018, 5:08am

An sotd for a good thread?

What a horrible deal.

If I were to enter (which I probs would for the gigs) and since like Todd I think I'm the top of the top, so I'm guaranteed to win.

What would someone like me do with an sotd?

This is forums, we should be getting something that involves forums.
Kasama

PreviousNext

Return to Other KaW Discussion