US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Discuss anything KaW related that isn't covered above.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: US DRILL VS UK DRILL

Postby XoXoX on Jul 16 2017, 9:39pm

mallika wrote:I would say chicago drill is better than any other area. UK Drill is just imitating or trying to follow the sound that chicago rappers like keef and reece created in 2012.

Unless we redefine this topic down to trap music in general, because drill is VERY specific to chicago. Most people in the US wouldnt classify any music outside of chicago as drill.

Just like how the US will never have good Grime artists (UK rap).

Thank youuuu, after speaking to a few Americans they didn't have a clue what grime wAs so couldn't really write a thread on it.. And it'd be awkward comparing two different sub genres but again I thank you for you point
XoXoX

Postby mallika on Jul 17 2017, 1:19am

XoXoX wrote:Thank youuuu, after speaking to a few Americans they didn't have a clue what grime wAs so couldn't really write a thread on it.. And it'd be awkward comparing two different sub genres but again I thank you for you point

It makes sense that americans are't too aware of grime. Like it or not, America is essentially the mecca of hip hop, and every region around the world looks at america as a golden standard. Every form of rap around the world draws heavy influences from modern or previous famous us artists (wutang, a tribe called quest, big daddy kane, tupac, nas, eminem, lil wayne, kanye, future, chief keef, etc).

I dont mean to say other forms of rap arent as good, because i definitely enjoy artists like skepta(UK), Keith Ape (Korea), Higher Brothers(China). Hip hop is whatever you make of it, and the cultural diffusion of it across the world is amazing.
mallika

Postby KotFE_X on Jul 17 2017, 6:07am

Grime is not UK rap... how many times do people need to be told, 2 different genres...
KotFE_X

Postby Wolfie69 on Jul 17 2017, 6:34am

Your gif of a drill chuck being powered by a drill motor was holding a screw or a tap with no proper lead in so I was confused from the get go. :roll:
Wolfie69

Postby Drake on Jul 17 2017, 10:33am

Young Pappy without a doubt
Lud Foe and Montana of 300 are dope too
Drake

Postby whattheflocka on Jul 17 2017, 11:20am

U.S. n I suggest u listen to king Louie. He originated it
whattheflocka

Postby mallika on Jul 19 2017, 11:42pm

IllIlXIllIlTIllIlCIllIl wrote:Grime is not UK rap... how many times do people need to be told, 2 different genres...

Grime = UK Rap
however,
UK Rap does not = Grime

if you disagree, i suggest you utilize our great internet resource.
Last edited by mallika on Jul 20 2017, 8:23am, edited 1 time in total.
mallika

Postby XoXoX on Jul 20 2017, 12:36am

IllIlXIllIlTIllIlCIllIl wrote:Grime is not UK rap... how many times do people need to be told, 2 different genres...

Pretty much is tbh, can you name any UK rappers that stick completely to rap?
XoXoX

Postby hunter_killer on Jul 20 2017, 12:46pm

MOl3O wrote:I got a few drills - sds, sds plus , chuck, keyless chuck, some are 230v, some are 110v, others are 18-36v battery lithium ion 5ah. I prefer the dewalts. But let's face it this post makes as much sense to me as my drills do to you - this forum needs a sh**post central section so peeps can post s**t.

Damn bro you beet me too it brah

Me personally I dabble in a bit of makita, of the 18 volt sub genre, you get a lot more BPM for your buck, it goeses through those concrete walls like butter

However at the weekend I like getting on the Milwaukee, it's the only drill that touches the sides

-GRIZZY- for VK
hunter_killer

Postby AntiSocialLemon on Jul 20 2017, 1:38pm

XoXoX wrote:

Pretty much is tbh, can you name any UK rappers that stick completely to rap?

Devlin/K-Koke... Alot of older school uk rappers. You a fan of don't flop(youtube channel)?
AntiSocialLemon

Previous

Return to Other KaW Discussion