New Clan Roles

Discussion in 'Clans and Alliances' started by xX-AverageJoe-Xx, May 31, 2016.

1. Last year, I took a couple of months break from KaW. After returning from this semi-retirement, like many, I realised how drastically the game had changed. Despite a few of these new features being beneficial, I was not pleased. The one thing I can not understand is these new clan roles.

Like many KaWers, I've tried my hand at clan owning. Although I never saw much success as an owner, the only reason my clans ever survived for as long as they did was due to the admins frequently running Ebs. One owner, coleaders and several admins. Those were the good old days.

Currently, I am trying to run a noob clan. I was pleasantly surprised to see us reach haunts within a week, but it all went downhill after that. Like most people on this earth, I figured sleep should probably take priority over kicking Usaris' rear end or making calamari out of Z'uethmerak or whatever his name is. Before, I could have relied on my several trusty admins, with several running the night shift. But now, we rely on a single "commander" or "war chief" to keep proceedings running smoothly when we sleep. Four people in the whole clan have the authority to start Ebs, unless I want to spend 50 bil of my hard earned gold on basic necessities to keep my clan alive.

I could hardly rely on a single person to put aside his life for the sole purpose of keeping my clan alive. We went hours without and eb and obviously this didn't appeal to those who wanted to hit Ebs. So they left. Within a few nights, our strong clan of 40ish were running thin on the ground, and soon saw its downfall. Within a single week. Great 

We're not the only clan this happens to, a clan an alt of mine is sitting in has collapsed because of this and I'm sure many others will have followed a similar path. While I can see why admin spots should be limited, how can small clans expect to grow when they can't start Ebs?

Sorry for the long read if you made it down to here, I just wanted to voice my thoughts. I believe a strong clan need at least 3 admins on at any given time, which has been made impossible unless some members have no need to sleep. Please, devs think of the noobs 

2. Take my clan it has everything but a few commander slots unlocked

3. You should take a look at the announcement thread for the new clan roles. So much feedback on how this format makes things more difficult and yet no change happened.

4. Grow more before you start to try to run a clan, its pretty pointless to do if you can't afford roles, plus can hinder your growth

5. I've always said, stick with the basics, the stuff everyone is familiar with, Owner/Co-Owner/Admin/Moderator.

6. I like most of the new clan roles, there are like 1-3 that aren't very useful (like charge hand) but any that can start ebs or recruit people are all useful and work pretty well.

7. Honestly I have tried to suggest alternatives to this and while I dislike the costs I do think they are a necessary evil especially with the huge overflow of gold from events. If they just increased the cost of the clan I think the same result would come out of it with there being less noob clans and a gold sink.

I will bump my threads to active topics for everyone again.

8. It's not the roles that are the problem, it's the number of them available. I can't run a clan with 4 people to help me out.
    I don't mind spending 50 bil if it's guaranteed to be worthwhile, but it isn't.

9. the clan roles suck!!!!! go back to admin roles so everyone can do everything again.

10. I had been off for awhile and came back to a dead guild. The owner wasn't playing anymore and every member was ranked as a Soldier. Nobody could start EBs. I had to leave a clan I had been in since 2012. Not happy.

11. think about what you are saying. only large accounts can afford clan admin spots.

so what are new accounts supposed to do? how many large accounts want to run low tier ebs?

the change to clan roles was something people had asked for for a long time. the insanely high cost and the limited slots were not.

12. This