Vibes

Discussion in 'Clans and Alliances' started by Citizen_Erased, May 22, 2015.

1. Kaw is not a great place for new players anymore.

In a game world populated by either high tier EB clans dangling unattainably far from the grasp of new players - or low level "noob" clans which the owners are unable to support: Most clans exist with the sole aim of achieving enough success that they too become inhospitable for new players, it's no wonder that many who play kaw become frustrated and leave within the first thirty days of playing.

This is was my thinking when me and my fellow owner decided to create "vibes" - a clan which we made with the aim of creating an environment tailor made to teach new players the basics of kaw and to help show them the skills that so many of the current "low" clans won't, such as warring, giving them advise as to conduct on the forums and directing them to guides which will inform them about things such as max plunder and builds.

Our thinking behind doing this is influenced by our hope of what it could achieve, several things which we think this clan (and any others like it) could contribute towards are as follows:

1. The long term survival of KAW

• We believe that if players at the rate at which they are currently leaving continue, KAW is already well on its way to becoming GAW. Hopefully by actively encouraging new members to join - and then continue to play: we can prevent this from happening.

2. An improvement in the forums

• We feel that the forums are one of the most valuable tools that any clan can use to teach its members - certainly I know that the likes of max plunder and banners have been articulated here far more eloquently than I could hope to convey them - and if new players are taught straight away the likes of BB codes and the quality required for posts, then the overall standard of the forums will improve to a level which is comfortable.

3. A reduction in the gap between players.

• Simply put, the gap between the "powerful" and new players within kaw is making the game a laughing stock. While some parts of this cannot be helped (hoarfrost coming out ect) we feel that part of the problem relates to the lack of any decent help being provided to new players - while a large amount exists within the forums many new players don't know about them... And those that do often don't know quite how useful they can be if used correctly.
    If this is addressed then there is no reason why the stat gap won't gradually begin to close itself.

So why is this thread being made?

The primary reason I'm making this thread is to ask for help. While we have been making ground quickly with vibes we still have nowhere near enough experienced players to grow this clan to the level which we aim to, this is largely due to a lack of said players outside of the UK timezone.

So simply put we need more backing. We genuinely believe that clans in the fashion of this one are vital to kaw, and the idea of setting up a clan dedicated to helping new players is also. But we need others to help us who agree with this. We also need to make sure that new players are referred to places such as this in a reliable and effective way, there is nothing more damaging towards someone's impression of kaw than joining a dead first clan.

If anyone wishes to volunteer to help then that is great, and if not then please bear us in mind if you are ever asked about clans by a new player.

Thanks to those who read.

CE

Edit: Can we avoid the discussion of game mechanics and please focus on the intention of this thread: the best way to encourage new players to learn, and continue playing the game, thanks.

2. I remember when I joined. Even being new I could be in the same clan and hit the same osf as the big boys. So it was easier to get into the game. Bigs and littles co-mingled in the same clans and I was able to glean valuable information off people who had been playing for months already.

Now new players are basically forced to join clans with other small players. No bigs want to join those clans. So there is a bunch of new players with limited knowledge of the game trying to teach other new players. Obviously failing miserably.

Devs need to create an EB that all builds can hit regardless of size. Get more co-mingling going in. Instead of stuffing new players into nOob clans that are most likely dead because no one taught them how to play and KaW sucks without a group of ppl willing and able to teach you to play

3. Exactly my thinking, knowing the devs I doubt that an all inclusive eb is coming, so I think that we need to be more proactive in our approach and actually do something.

4. I know right :) support

5. Shutdown PimD and bring them to kaw

6. Careful with that

7. Good luck. I was lucky to get in a clan that taught people how to KaW when I was new. I wish there were a lot more like this.

Am I the only one who's noticed that "Vibes" sounds like a weird hippie hookah/poetry club?

8.  now that you mention it...

9. Great Work Mate.
    Good Luck.

10. Mickey's point is the one I also have been voicing on a few threads lately.

After osfs, you had basic ebs, up to haunting. Ambush was an awesome starter clan eb as even "large" builds got decent plunder and everyone could hit it. You had big guys from the main clan (the haunting one) coming over willingly all the time.

I come from a long and hardcore WoW past, and one thing that really struck me at KaW and that I found genius was that players from basically all sizes could participate in the same events. No real need to grind and grow to a certain level to be able to enter an instance, hit an eb or whatever. This however seems to get lost more and more.

A starter clan with experienced admins is one of the most valuable assets to every clan family and I salute your efforts. Good luck!

11. Support. The idea of increasing the damage smaller stats players can do on eb is interesting, it would definitely help starters obtain some Kaw knowledge from experienced players and also help many existing clans, who run in a family way. Good luck to VIBES!

12. Support.
    This may also lessen inactive accounts that people are kept hiring until someone keep it even though it never grow.
    For me, kaw is a game for players who can take care of themselves but then I felt sorry for players who don't. This is helpful to new players who will become strong in the future and help clans out or will join the group of mercs or osw. Also, inactive players will just stuck in active players which is annoying too.

Also.... Vibes made me think of "Good vibes" :p

13. I started kaw 4 yrs ago and had no one to "mentor" me. No guides, no tutorial, nothing. It was pwar era. After joining a clan, I saw the light of close knit ppl in clans. Was friendly. When devs killed pwars and ebs came full force, clan unity DIED. Ppl went solo in search of drops. This is where kaw begin to deteriorate. Ppl only thought of themselves. Clan unity, what's that? Gold was only made from crappy haunt or FOD. And ppl today whine of player gap? Wth? I didn't have LL or even HL buildings half price like all newer players. IMO I earned my place the old fashioned way. Hard work. Now a person can buy seals, crux chests, xstals, and be BC in no time. But this is a f2p game you cry. Sure. But don't whine and complain. Sure I'm upset I see 1 yr badge and a BC kaw mbr. That's their right to do. !!!!!!!But quit asking for a even the gap between new players and old players!!!!!!!!
    NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OR GET SUPPORT
    Add in the GH, SH, then SSH build scams, and yea I'm even more upset. Devs gold payout algorithm is 6 yrs old and never changed. THAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM

14. No, the biggest problem is albc players thinking they deserve something over the newbs cuz they "worked for what they have".

15. Can be....
    And mostly bigger players don't care about newbs or noobs today since they are "small" or "they don't know if what they are doing" but instead of helping them why they just let them be like passing by a beggar or something...

Yes, in some cases you shouldn't tell why but... For example: if you had a ps3 (just as an example) and your friend don't have one, some will tease him because he don't know if how to use it. How will he didn't have one or how will he learn if you don't teach him? That's what I mean when it comes to "new players" who can't handle themselves....
    That's why we help them, so that "they will know why"

16. There should be a smaller gap. What's the point of having builds like you pin absurdly smaller accounts like mine? Yeah people can choose whether to spend or not. I was here when the building prices weren't dropped either. The game was extremely fun when it was just tier 3, but it did need growth and evovle. Its nice to see them slash prices for tiers. If you have a player base that's relatively closer in strength it's a lot easier to do other things. War EE Eb etc.

17. Why cant the plunder go up according to size? A player with 500 k cs gets 5mill a hit while the player with 10 mill cs gets 50 mill per a hit. Never understood why the devs never set up ebs this way.