The word family basically unknown by new players

Discussion in 'Clans and Alliances' started by bobbbio, Feb 21, 2015.

1. When i started kaw i first got recruited by LOS-Written n Blood. They made sure I grew to the tiny acc I am now. If you where a perm you had your family and you always helped them and made sure you grow as the whole family. Then irl catched up and I and forced me to quit for a long time. When I came back (still going on and off due to irl) LOS was gone. I had to join a new clan. This became Shogun's Fate. The lower training clans of SF (Shogun's Fate) recruit people and help them grow. Just like Written n Blood did. However if you there grew you stayed. Now it seems to me that people will leave and not help the clan at all anymore. If they see something that seems better for them they just go for it. Even though the clan that made them grow needs their help.

I would like to hear how other people experience this. :(

Sorry if I made grammar/spelling errors

2. The world is like this. Some respect those who help them with their allegiance. Others are concentrating on their growth, and putting themselves where they want to be.

Most players who start here don't know how anything works.

Once they figure it out, perhaps they want to join an OSW clan, or an HTE clan. Maybe a family clan, or an alliance.

You can't blame anyone for not staying in one place. Same as real life...experience everything you can. Meet people. Absorb some culture. Don't live in a cave.

3. To me, the words "family" and "loyalty" are tied together. I have called 3-4 clans "home" over the past few years and have only left when they were dead. (With the exception of Foxes, but they don't seem to have an active roster now). Doesn't matter if there's an OSW or if the clan isn't running HTE 24/7. The social aspect of KaW is 80% of the game to me!

4. Exactly as willy said it. Like in the real world when it comes to your first job you mainly use it as a way of gaining experience so as to get your foot in the door. Once you gain experience you can either choose to stay with that company and rise through the ranks or move to a bigger/better company whether that be for wage increases, benefits or a more comfortable job.

5. I don't wanna.

6. The only problem I have with people leaving is when they say they're perming only to leave randomly when the going gets tough or they find something better.

7. .... not even sending a thank you....

proofs selfishness

i dont mind ppl going for war.. or gonna grow somewhere else.. hopefully to come back after. Ofcourse ppl want to experience kaw for the fullest. We dont run a prison, we run a family. Most step out and come back. Many are dead loyal.. recruiting for us still and bringing horns to the startersclan.
    But then there are others too... :roll:

8. no such thing as a family in a game only friends and as the membership in this game is pretty much close to peak it's highly doubtful unless you where here from the beginning or have a great recruitment drive and core from the beginning you will get anywhere. it is also reliant on a clan or clan systems ability to adapt ever wondered what happened to say old Mr bennies store that used to run so many years ago and is now a desolate building? when you compare retail stores for example in large retail every single detail is highlighted and no stone left unturned in smaller companies there is much more leeway for such things simply because the revenue or customer base isn't there. in kaw terms it's first come first serve and refreshing ideas every once in a while.

9. Family died a long time ago in this game... Now it's more like witchcraft, practiced only in the deepest darkest corners of kaw..

:(

10. I used to be in a clan, let's call it Banana. So, it was pretty awesome, it was funny how i got there, i was being a spy and helping a friend not getting farmed. Then clan Banana merged with clan Onion. When i first got into clan Onion it was amazing. People were so nice they were the reason i became loyal to that clan. But as time went on, many players went inactive and some other who weren't that friendly came to stay. Clan Onion then merged to clan Fugly. I didn't like people there at all; they were mean and wouldn't speak to some. I ended up leaving despite of how faithful i was before simply because i wasn't comfortable.

Names are hidden for obvious reasons and it was with my old account

11. This games slowly getting worse

12. This game has been in a dire downward spiral since 2010.

Just ask the forums.

13. That's why this is important

14. Since when has forums had a decent response to anything?

15. The main reason is probably that there is simply so much to do these days. It takes a really selfless player to sit there constantly grinding t2 for tiny payouts when they are strong enough to, say, try for equip drops in the many higher paying ebs.

It takes new clans too long to grow naturally. You can only run ebs suitable for your weakest clan mates. To be honest I cant see any new clan ever becoming anything special.

Your best bet is probably to try to join an alliance so your 'perms' can take a vacation in a bigger family clan and you can borrow members for tricky unlocks so your clan feels like its progressing.

16. Strip farm the mods until they fix this.

17. I believe eb clans and guests have a mutual understanding and a win-win relationship. Guests help speed up the eb, which help gain more members. In return the guests receive gold and guidance. Most clans in KAW function based on thus understanding. It has nothing to do with loyalty, or lack there of.
    On the other hand, there are clans that provide more for the members, protection, in this case there is also a mutual understanding that "we will watch your back, so will you watch mine".
    You cannot blame people for not being loyal now. The focus of this game changed for many players now. The admins also know this when sending wc ads and accepting strangers into the clan.
    We still know loyalty. We just don't give our loyalty to every clan we join.

18. Oh hey I know Bob:) hey it's me RlZ. Nice to see you around.

19. Witches!? Or are we talking about misunderstood and attractive women?

There are so many different streams of KAW now (EE, OSW, Scrol EB, HTE EB etc) which people can specialize in that it is hard for people to be expected to stay in one place. As a life-long Kawmmittphobe/bigamist, I sometimes wander in and out of clans like a stray cat.

Its not because I don't value them. Its that I love them more knowing that they aren't going to get all passo aggresso at me for playing the game how/where/when/if/and as I choose.

20. i've resisted "perm" status ever since i left my first clan. i didn't like the restrictions and i didn't like the constant guilt trips they laid on me every time i talked about going somewhere else.

the first time i quit kaw was because my home clan wouldn't let me leave. so i just quit instead.

anyone that knows me knows that i am loyal. but i can't stay in one place and i can't always live by the rules that someone else sets for my behavior. i remember the first time i was told not to post on the forums. yeah...no.