Possible iOS8 Lag Fix

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Oct 1, 2014.

1. If you're experiencing lag, or otherwise delayed actions while playing over Wi-Fi, we have a potential fix. We've determined that this lag is most likely due to a Wi-Fi issue with iOS8, and until Apple releases an OS update, there's a temporary fix you can perform.

Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services and disable Wi-Fi Networking

Note: If you currently have Location Services disabled, you will need to enable it to disable Wi-Fi Networking

After you've done this, disconnect and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network, see if the lag has stopped, and let us know by leaving a reply in this thread.

2. Nancor.

3. i thought they rolled back that update anyway?

edit: i guess they won't let you reinstall 7 as of yesterday. oh well.

/me still refuses to update

4. Thanks for fixing!

Android Master Race!

5. Ugh. IMO, iOS 6 is the last good and clean looking OS. My 4th gen is still running it.

Though I must adding that iOS 7 and 8 add some awesome features, but besides for that... I hate the look.

6. It seems to have reduced the lag between screens, but I still get a longer than usual lag between completing actions.

7. My phone auto updated this morning I think because all my alarms were off.

8. I haven't tried this yet, but I can't paste or copy and paste in pm.

9. Android Jellybean ftw

10. Yes it is noticeably better. Thank you.

11. It would help if OP explained a lil more about what wifi networking does, so we actually know what we're doing without shooting into the dark.

12. Let me tell you right now that this method worked temporarily. I'm one of those KAW members that unloads hourly I even use my sleeping time. The method worked but after 5 hours, I had the same problem again.

13. I did ios 8 and nothing was wrong for me. Lol things were a touch slower but barely noticeable

14. KaW and Apple should have beta tested. But I'm guessing apple still don't play well with others. Such a shame that Apple behave like this. I love idevice but I also have a android samsung it's seems android have less issues faster and better in every technical way. I will not be updating this iPhone I'm on now I only have it to play KaW.

15. But it's android that holds up all the updates for this game. So apple isn't always the bad guy

16. Honestly, I don't blame KAW for this. Apple is pushing out updates just to do it. None of the games ever have time to get ready for the release most the time. And Its not even with updates sometimes. I mean, when the iPhone 5 came out, my apps were updated for the 5 for the next 6 months. Then the iOS 8 came out and more updates for the next 3-4 months. It seems as if Apple is in total anarchy.

17. iOS 7* Stupid new auto correct in iOS 8 -_-

18. Not only this Toxiczone. Even if developers of an app fix de bugs in couple of hours takes close to one week until the update is available for us due Apple policy.

19. im perm scilence all my freinds right now so stop sending me pm's dummies dont u see my stats grr

20. I would still like to be able to copy and paste from iPad when is that going to be fixed