Regarding War Abuse (Updated 8/1)

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Re: Regarding War Abuse

I think it's great! But...How you planning to manage it? You'll add "War Moderators"?

2. Re: Regarding War Abuse

I said before woc should cost 10 nobs or xstal to cast.If u get a match then u get a xstal to use in war.if no match u get ur xstal or nobs refunded. This will stop inactives from casting and everyone having to use a xstal in war. However devs might not want to do this as they take so long to refund ppl.

3. Re: Regarding War Abuse

That's one of the smartest war suggestons I have heard in a long time cannon. That wil drasticly cut down on people freeloading wars. No, you can't force them to use it. But the war crystal is only good in war so if they cast they lose $ if they donkt use that war crystal. since all wars are 1 hour now 1 cast = 1 crystal. I like it.

@Stat: I think each acount has it's own user id regardless of how many users are on 1 ip. So 4 devices in 1 house in 1 war should be ok. It will just be hard to determine the alt account users. Unles people report the people using known alts.Just a thought.

4. Re: Regarding War Abuse

As a free game they won't charge an xstal to cast. Devs and mods can't force people to use xstal or mods.

5. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Ok, Dave can't force you to use xtal, but sometimes the inactivity is enough for kill a war!

6. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Perhaps a mute button on cc. I did not read full post so apologies if it's been suggested.

7. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Everyone who wars is supposed to have a xstal to use. By making woc cost that same amount we make the person put like a deposit down to war. If they don't get to war then they get their deposit back, however if they war then they would need to use that xstal in war. This is one of the reasons why indy wars are so bad. If you wc you rely on ppl to have xstals. When you ask them to they dont have them then ppl lose money by xstalling and inactives or non xstallers affect result badly. If I saw everyone who warred actually has a xstal to use then Im sure everyone warring will be happier and more confident about everyone during war.

8. Re: Regarding War Abuse

give the option to buy in war or cast for casual war. 1 costs the xtal the other is free to those who have none. It will give those of us who have done this since the start the piece of mind of knowing everyone around us is on the same level.

9. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Thank you!

10. Re: Regarding War Abuse

I don't think the Devs can force people to use xtal in a free game. My suggestion would be to tie the rewards to contribution in war (Win or Lose) I don't know what formula is currently being used but it seems off.

11. Re: Regarding War Abuse

This game turned into a payed game long ago.. The only free part of it is when you download it.

12. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Need to try and sort out inactive pure spies, we lost a war recently because they hired an ally and all attacked out. Extremely annoying when people try hard to win with no hope at all

13. Re: Regarding War Abuse

A pure spy doesn't need to be inactive to sandbag a war
    He/she can scout terrible targets and let allies be sold and be hit
    There are no ways to secure honest warriors in iWars.

14. Re: Regarding War Abuse



15. Re: Regarding War Abuse

What people seem to be missing is that the 'One account at a time' rule takes care of almost all of the other abuses we've seen.

If you can only war one account, why would you spam CC, or purposefully go inactive, or leak XTAL times to the other team? You're not helping your second account on the other side win, because you can't HAVE a second account on the other side anymore.

This is a major improvement in the individual war system, and I applaud the devs for their efforts. I'm sure action can also be taken against folks that don't XTAL, or mith up, etc etc. Some great suggestions for this have already been given in this thread, and others.

And for all the folks worried about multiple people on the same IP address appearing as violators: do you really think the devs are going to post exactly how they monitor that kind of activity? Trust me: there are plenty of ways to discern legitimate users from cheaters.

16. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Actually, they can make you use xstal. It is an option for you to cast. It cost 5 xstals to buy one aqua. If they can do this, I am sure they can make us use one xstal to cast woc.

@cannon, it is a great suggestion.

17. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Devs can't force you to spend money, that's against the law.. however one idea that would be great for helping lower in actives is tying down mith to woc. Like casting woc costs 14mith. And when you cast it, the 4 mith spells become free once you get promoted you can cast.

Also, to further decrease inactivity rates, if inactive, those 14 mith won't be returned at end of war, you get banned AND if you have WE it will decrease. Just getting banned for 3 days doesn't sound like that bad of a punishment

18. Re: Regarding War Abuse

If it doesnt cost anything to cast then u will get more inactives. I can atm cast on 3 accts and choose which one i want to war on for indy wars. They can be accts that arent built for ee so even if u ban them it doesnt really hurt them. All they get is a free shot at ee or mith. Now if u made it cost 10 nobs or a xstal to war then im sure someone wont be casting on those noob accts unless they fully want to participate in the war. Regardless of whether u use the xstal or not it costs that much to cast. Sometimes u dont need to xstal in wars cause uve won such as turtling etc .

19. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Stupid rules ! Make this rule when you match balance team match.

20. Re: Regarding War Abuse

At least we have the Broken Sword spell now.