Regarding War Abuse (Updated 8/1)

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Since the launch of the individual war system we've seen an increase in abuse from certain groups of players who want nothing more than to disrupt those who are trying to enjoy the game. The most common forms of this include players spamming Clan Chat to prevent a clan from communicating, and players purposefully abusing the war system to manipulate war results.

We've been taking action against users performing this kind of abuse in rare cases, but are now setting an official policy.

First, abusive spamming of clan chat will not be tolerated.

Offense - Action Taken
    First - 24 Hour War Ban, Silence (can appeal in 24 hours)
    Second - 3 Day War Ban, Silence (can appeal in 24 hours)
    Third - 7 Day War Ban, Silence (can appeal in 24 hours)
    Fourth or more - At our discretion

Second, players who are inactive during war, defined as having 0 attack or spy actions (either successful or unsuccessful) will receive a temporary war ban. (Those who are DTS/DTW are excluded from this effect)

Offense - Action Taken
    Each Occurrence - 3 Day War Ban
    Repeated Abuse - At our discretion

Players who are reported for engaging in either of these types of actions will be temporarily banned from participating in wars.

Additionally, other forms of war abuse will be dealt with on a case by case basis as they are brought to our attention. Action taken may include temporary/permanent war bans, silences, or account bans depending on the severity of the issue.

We hope this will make for a more pleasurable war experience for all players.

2. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Note that the changes to inactives in war will start with tomorrow's first war at 6AM PDT.

3. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Thank you!

4. Re: Regarding War Abuse

This gets a thumbs up from me

5. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Finall

6. Re: Regarding War Abuse

One of the best decisions y'all have made

7. Re: Regarding War Abuse

*finally

8. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Awesome! Full support

9. Re: Regarding War Abuse

And how will you determine if two people play from the same household or if the person is warring 2 accounts?

Just curious.

10. Re: Regarding War Abuse

11. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Amazing update.... I appreciate it
    But

#UnPermSilenceTerra

12. Re: Regarding War Abuse

What about the legit players that war properly on more than 1 account?....

13. Re: Regarding War Abuse



14. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Phenomenal idea - ➕ for the devs

Will we be able to report violators, with screenshots, via at support@athinkingape.com ?

15. Re: Regarding War Abuse

Good work stamping out those who enjoy doing nothing more than spoiling the KaW experiment for others

16. Re: Regarding War Abuse

If I chat war on at least 2 accounts the 1 account I use won't be using any xstalls lol

17. Re: Regarding War Abuse

@Val

Just like the 1 PC account rule goes unenforced, that rule likely will not happen. And how will they know anyways.

18. Re: Regarding War Abuse

For the purpose of wars, we prefer players stick to a single account. It also helps ensure they put their full attention into that account in war.

We strongly encourage you do :)

19. Re: Regarding War Abuse

People can war on more than one account, KC Why not reward them for l33t sk!lls.

#UnPermSilenceTerra

20. Re: Regarding War Abuse

They caught a guy on my asw team for signing up with more than one account, they should be able to do the same with ee.