The Great Quetzal Hunt (Final EB Out Now!)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Update - 5/2/2014
    Those of you working towards the Top 100 Banner reward will be pleased to know we've updated the appearance of the banner to stand out even more against the rest.

Update - 5/1/2014 @ 2:30PM PDT
    We've heard your feedback about Quetzal Skulls being used in battle and have changed them up. Until the end of the event they'll stop functioning as regular potions and instead only be useful during the EB item bar phase. After the event is over they'll return to being potions.

(If you use a Quetzal Skull as a potion during battle it will disappear from your inventory, but will be restored upon relaunching the game)

Update - 4/30/2014 @ 6:40PM PDT
    The Tree of Death should be back once again, and the drops have been increased, though not as high as they were before. It will be a 25% increase over last week's drops.

It seems the birds weren't too happy with such a crazy increase and decided to fight back and protect their babies.

[​IMG]

Update - 4/30/2014 @ 5:50PM PDT
    We're going to be reverting back to the previous feather drops and removing the new EB temporarily while we address some issues.

Update - 4/30/2014

Tree of Death, the final mission in the Great Quetzal Hunt Epic Battle has been released and feather drop rates across the board have been substantially increased.

Update - 4/28/2014
    Here are the other items you're working towards!

Update - 4/24/2014
    Here are just a few of the items you're working towards!

Update - 4/23/2014
    We've ramped up the Great Quetzal Hunt, increasing feather drops, adding bonus war rewards, new banner rewards, and more!

Checke out this thread for details.

Update - 4/16/2014

Sporavek Returns, the third Epic Battle in The Great Quetzal Hunt has been released. We've also increased the numbers of feathers dropped in Epic Battles and the Chaos Wars.
    ______

Update - 4/9/2014
    We've increased the numbers of feathers dropped in Epic Battles and the Chaos Wars once again.
    ______

Update - 4/2/2014
    The Sylvan Enchantress, the second Epic Battle in The Great Quetzal Hunt has been released. We've also increased the numbers of feathers dropped in Epic Battles and the Chaos Wars.
    ______

JOIN FORCES WITH THE UNKARI
    The Unkari are an ancient forest people who live in tandem with the land.

Long ago, the Unkari discovered the miraculous healing powers of the Fortiff tree. When a member of the tribe is stricken by illness, the Unkari Monarch pries open the ancient Fortiff tree, and the sick Unkari is permitted to climb inside.

Yet only the Monarch may touch the Fortiff tree, for she alone is trusted by the ancient tree spirits…

THE GREAT QUETZAL HUNT
    Once the Unkari reaches maturity, they are sent out of the safety of their village to hunt the giant colorful Quetzal bird.

Track these enormous birds by collecting colorful feathers from wars and epic battles. When the Great Quetzal Hunt ends, your feathers will be transformed into valuable equipment.

[​IMG]

Prepare for Battle
    Take part in The Great Quetzal Hunt series, select other Epic Battles, and Chaos Wars from March 19th through May 7th, 2014 May 28th, 2014 and collect feathers. Once the event ends you’ll be rewarded with exclusive items for your efforts.

New Epic Battles in the Great Quetzal Hunt series will be unlocked every two weeks as you progress towards victory.

Event Details
    What do I have to do?
    Collect feathers from participating in Epic Battles and Chaos Wars. Within 48 hours after the event ends at 12PM PDT (7PM GMT) on May 7th, 2014 May 28th, 2014 you’ll be rewarded with exclusive equipment based on the number of feathers you manage to collect.

How do War Rewards work?
    Winners of Chaos Wars during the event will receive feathers based on your Estoc Edge Level.

Increased to 250 x Estoc Edge Level
    Estoc Edge Level 1 - 250 Feathers
    Estoc Edge Level 2 - 500 Feathers
    Estoc Edge Level 3 - 750 Feathers
    Estoc Edge Level 4 - 1000 Feathers
    Estoc Edge Level 5 - 1250 Feathers

How do Epic Battle Rewards work?
    As you complete the Great Quetzal Hunt series of Epic Battles, as well as a few select others you’ll receive feathers as drops. Feather drops will increase along with new Epic Battles in the Great Quelzal Hunt being released, so be sure to find out what Epic Battles work best for you.

Rewards
    (Rewards do NOT stack)
    NOTE: While we don't give out exact stats before an item has been released, these equipment items will offer similar stats compared to existing items as the ones from the Ice Moth Hunt saw.

- Tier 1 -
    (2,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    Achievement (Level 1)

- Tier 2 -
    (3,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    2 Aqua
    2 Inferno
    Achievement (Level 1)

- Tier 3 -
    (5,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    5 Aqua
    5 Inferno
    Achievement (Level 2)

- Tier 4 -
    (8,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    5 Aqua
    5 Inferno
    Fortiff Crown
    Fortiff Boots
    Achievement (Level 2)

- Tier 5 -
    (16,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    5 Aqua
    5 Inferno
    Fortiff Crown (+10)
    Fortiff Boots (+10)
    Achievement (Level 3)
    1 Horn of Calydor

- Tier 6 -
    (24,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    5 Aqua
    5 Inferno
    Unkari Hunter Crown
    Unkari Hunter Boots
    Achievement (Level 3)
    1 Horn of Calydor

- Tier 7 -
    (34,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    15 Aqua
    15 Inferno
    Unkari Hunter Crown (+10)
    Unkari Hunter Boots (+10)
    Achievement (Level 4)
    2 Horn of Calydor
    1 Seal of the Damned

- Tier 8 -
    (50,000 Feathers)
    1 Health Crystal
    25 Aqua
    25 Inferno
    Quetzal Crown
    Quetzal Boots
    Achievement (Level 4)
    2 Horn of Calydor
    2 Seal of the Damned

- Tier 8.5 -
    (70,000 Feathers)
    [​IMG]
    (Comparable to a Level 1 Balanced Banner, Not Enchantable)
    1 Health Crystal
    25 Aqua
    25 Inferno
    Quetzal Crown
    Quetzal Boots
    Achievement (Level 4)
    2 Horn of Calydor
    2 Seal of the Damned

- Tier 9 -
    (80,000 Feathers)
    [​IMG]
    (Comparable to a Level 1 Balanced Banner, Not Enchantable)
    1 Health Crystal
    50 Aqua
    50 Inferno
    Quetzal Crown (+10)
    Quetzal Boots (+10)
    Achievement (Level 5)
    4 Horn of Calydor
    3 Seal of the Damned

- Tier 9.5 -
    (90,000 Feathers)
    [​IMG]
    (Comparable to a Level 2 Balanced Banner, Not Enchantable)
    1 Health Crystal
    50 Aqua
    50 Inferno
    Quetzal Crown (+10)
    Quetzal Boots (+10)
    Achievement (Level 5)
    4 Horn of Calydor
    3 Seal of the Damned

Bonus Rewards
    (In addition to the above rewards)

- Top 100 -

Banner of the Great Quetzal
    (Balanced between Attack, Defence, Spy Attack, and Spy Defence; around 10% better total stats than any existing banners; Not Enchantable)

- Top Collector & Lucky Winner with at least 16,000 feathers -
    Quetzal Crown (+11)
    Quetzal Boots (+11)

Weekly Raffle
    We'll be holding a bonus raffle every Monday. We'll select 100 random players who have collected the indicated number of feathers to receive the indicated rewards. Check back every week for the next raffle's details.

March 24th @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 1000 Feathers
    Reward: 2 x Seal of the Damned

March 31st @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 2000 Feathers
    Reward: 2 x Seal of the Damned

April 7th @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 4000 Feathers
    Reward: 2 x Seal of the Damned + 1000 Quetzal Feathers

April 14th @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 6000 Feathers

April 21st @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 8000 Feathers

April 28th @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 10000 Feathers
    Reward: 2 x Seal of the Damned + 2500 Quetzal Feathers

May 5th @ 12PM PST
    Goal: 15000 Feathers
    Reward: 2 x Seal of the Damned + 2500 Quetzal Feathers

2. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I won war 1 and had a lvl 5 edge but only received 60 feathers

3. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I think you guys have really lost your minds! 2 months? Didn't you read any of the moth event feedback?

4. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Nice artwork but with these new EB being release what will be happening with the likes of Scrag The Bloodless etc I only ask as that series seems to of run a ground due to the drop ratio on items needed and now bringing out another series of hunting for feathers surly this will now overlap

5. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Seems fun! Keep up the good work!

6. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Awesome! Thanks devs

7. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

The changes in Feather rewards from the Chaos Wars takes effect with this announcement, and you'll see the updated values as you win these wars moving forward.

8. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

So this epic battle, will it drop anything special?

9. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Thank you Devs,, No weapons as rewards :D ,,you guys do occasionally listen Lol

10. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Cool :)

11. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Event for visa ppl. Get it ready

12. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Some suggestions are easier to implement than others, but we definitely do try :)

13. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I'll wait for the Summer Butterfly Festival. Otherwise I'll get my hopes up for a Quetzal item that will be obsolete in a couple of weeks.

Quick question! Is the Quetzal bird gigantic or are the Unkari people really tiny? From the image provided it looks like there are blades of grass in the top right corner. I'm probably projecting some Arriety/Borrowers imagery. I'm sure that Tim would like a tribe of little beings.

14. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I'm sorry... 100k feathers? The only person with a chance of reaching that is KUZMICH, but by a wall post he said he's not gunna be in this one.

15. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

2,000 feathers for 1 xtral damn

16. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Hmm crown and boots... Is there any point trying? Both equipment give low stats anyway. Just saying

17. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I agree Banker, the stats are going to be so small for two months of work.

Think I will just play my normal game and see how it goes. 50K to get the best equipment is a lot and we saw from the Moth Hunt if you don't get highest tier they are worthless.

18. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Wow another event which are going to drive people nuts, nice job devs also appreciate the lack of xstals... Sarcasm. Also how do you expect people to get 100,000 feathers, bump up the drops or lower requirement please

19. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Please let us know the raw stats so we can target a certain feather count.

20. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Yeah kuzl knows the same thing everyone knows.... Kaw events are trash. After the moth event being such a massive flop your gonna be hard pressed to get feather chasers on a two month long event. Not only am I not buying xtals or seals. Ill be avoiding feather drop ebs if at all possible. A month was too long. Two months? People attention span doesn't run two months. My kaw app is getting moved off my home screen back to the sea of "when I'm that bored" apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.