how to beat a player larger than you.

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Swabia, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Since most of the war threads make little sense to most players here anymore I feel a better way to educate the general public here is to teach players a little bit about how to beat players larger than themselves.

Firstly I want to assure you that this is no way to make the leaderboards. This is merely a means to an end. Find a guy you want to beat, but he seems too tough? Well, here's how you do it.

How do I know you're not going to be on the leaderboards? I'll post my wins losses below, and you can see why. If my 50,000 losses were wins like all the EB era noobs I'd be HCBC and my build would look much different.

Anyhow, history aside here's what you do based on build.

Simply put any player who's defense is lower than your attack you can beat. If they have a higher defense than your attack you'll have to work smart.

I will work under the assumption of 11 defense pots and 9sdp's for purposes of this conversation. Assume hitting with all pots also unless noted otherwise.

So let's assume my attack is less than my defender's defense. Consider how defensive rating is calculated:

First it's based on personal troops x permanent items bonus BFA (bonus from allies)

So let's say my BFA is approximately equal to my attack. I'll get a bonus of a small part of that BFA per attack.

Looking at my opponent I'll have to see where my best avenue of attack is. As a mixed build (better than 25% spies) or as a Hansel my best avenue to get the full plunder hits on my enemy is to assassinate 16x or more successfully.

This VASTLY reduces my enemy into my attacking range since it reduces their base troop values (the biggest number in calculating a players strength) and makes my full troops vastly stronger statistically. Scout your enemy to get them in the right range to begin attacking.

So knowing I can hit a player how do I break their spirit?

Well, all the advances we make fall into 2 categories. 1) allies which can be bought and 2) buildings and land which only the player can alter.

So if you're going at a guy alone I suggest the small strip.

If you suspect they're banked than buy their smallest ally before you attack to destroy both that $ and their 11 pots a hit. If they're a garbage broker like a load of 500k allies you're gonna have to take a few or just get their good ones instead. You'll have to make a read to figure that out.

Learn of your enemy's style also. Check their wins/losses. Clans are a big indicator also if you're working a larger player.

To keep up a constant barrage on someone (ie: farm them until you get what you want) you must consider regeneration times and how many troops are lost on defender side.

If I attack you you'll lose 1/50th of your attack bar and I'll lose 1/25th (unless you have a COE, but that's not relevant) so if we regen from your DTW (aprox 10% troops) you'd have 1/4 of your attack bar (approximately) and I'd have 10%. I couldn't win that attack, but I could attack from DTW and burn your 11 pots to cheese you off. Depending on your strategy either can be valuable for you. Knowing your opponent is online so you won't get a full regen before they hit you attacking would be a great option. It would be a loss of 0 pots for you (knowing no chance of winning means don't pay for it) and it'd be a pot burn on your opponent.

Keeping spies and troops on them and fighting from pin only when their online is a great and frustrating tactic. Set your iPhone timer to 5 minutes to be sure you can stalk your victim if you're up to no good this way.

If they're offline then you have the option of going to full regen and repeating the first attack sequence. It certainly pays well since your opponent will always be full plunder to you and wins will approximately break even your pot expense if you're about 5 lands into the highlands or higher.

-

Part 2:

How do I defend against this?

Spy defense towers, or self pin until they're offline and then fight back.

Be prepared to bog another player down for 48hrs if you're going to do this. If you're on an older player be prepared to escalate and do this for weeks.

This has been a PSA from your favorite farmer.

2. Get another person to pin

3. Great thread Swabia learned alot

4. [​IMG]

32k losses from farming others. Yea, that's crazy.

5. Very informative 

6. Whoa you have a lot of experience! I need this guy teaching me how to play

7. Ok I didn't read the whole forum just most of it but I believe my strategy is simpler.

You find your opponent and if they're active in an eb most likely they're attacking lowering their troops. Since most all players just do eb most bl opponents will have weak troops use a few pots because they probably have those too. ;)

HI SWABIA!!!
    Happy holidays everyone!

8. I could use this against you Swabia.

9. Swabia gonna wanna charge your battery.

10. Just to add:

Do NOT disregard percent bonuses (ie. from lc/resets and propacks). A lot of people tend to think they don't work, or they suck, but they really really don't.
    I was like a 350/350k spy or something. Whatever a lowlands hansel guild bc is. I could successfully hit a 400/400k spy, with no pots on either side, or sometimes when they had a few. That was with an 18% spy attack bonus.
    Confused the heck out of them, often :lol: I do so wonder if they never thought about pots, much less the %bonuses.

Good stuffs.

11. Charge your iPhone ;) .

12. 90% of ingame ss posted on forums are below 33% battery. Fact.

13. Charles, the point of this is how to fight singly. Orchestration of a controlled effort can only come after the fundamentals are understood by individuals.

I've written war threads before and they fall on deaf ears as most war clans already know this and non war clans can't get enough war players to be happy and stay. Having only a few good warriors in your clan will get your clan wrecked like Outlawz

Some Lb players and clans have NO IDEA how the game math works here. No kidding.

Simply put in the beginnings of KAW many players tried out the game and figured things out. Players like Hansel, Raven, Emeth, KingdomOfWolves, and Corinthian discovered how the game maths worked and to some people they passed that on. I was initially trained by iG and I trained perhaps 1000 other players when I ran WiG and did palringo training sessions with noob clans who posted in WC to join their groups.

Sadly no one currently is doing major teaming efforts publicly like KoolAid used to, but if I am not mistaken Delphin may be making a dent in that soon.

Good luck, and happy farming. Wall me for private tips if you digested this properly. I can dial just about any build in on any other. I just talked mixed here today because it's long winded.

14. It's because everybody 's kaw so much they play till they only have 5% then rush to find a charger lol

15. Ladies and Gentlemen of KaW:

I suggest you pay attention! It's rare that Swabs hands out his old school pearls of wisdom for free.

[​IMG]

16. My battery has permanent loss from KaW sessions.

Fact.

I sat on McKrip for a week during a very fun war until he couldn't take it anymore and wrote a bot program to farm Distance, Me, and a few allied hitters every 5 min.

He's been banned ever since. That was fun.

17. Nice thread :)

18. Go ahead Carn. You know where I am. I'm not a barcode, and I'm not hiding behind my clan if you want a 1 on 1.

I'll eat your lunch and make you breathe dryer lint if you hit me though. I'm itching for a fight and my great council do not have a place to point me at the moment so I'm idle and ready to roll.

I'd eat your allies 1 at a time and make you drop that building to make me stop.