What banning Pwar means.

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: What banning Pwar means.

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 12:53pm

AKRhino wrote:@cor: saw your statement in the other thread about making pw's less lucrative than eb's. If that's the plan, then I'm all for it, as long as pw's remain an option, and are not made impossible. If you'd simply stated that at first, instead of dropping hints which seemed to imply the complete removal of pw's from the game, we probably could have avoided this whole debate/exchange.

I said that's the goal with epic battles during the pre-release of the pve update, and what I was talking about. However, attached to that statement was the event that epic battles are supposed to eventually replace pwars to the point where the devs can mechanically make pwars impossible (minus the focused single-person war tax income).

That's why I was implying currently that pwars will be completely removed from the game, because eventually they will.
Last edited by Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 1:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthian

Postby Renamed5518 on Aug 30 2011, 1:05pm

Nice.
Renamed5518

Postby tkdanimal on Aug 30 2011, 1:09pm

Cor game set match
tkdanimal

Postby Renamed5518 on Aug 30 2011, 1:12pm

Eventually, everything gets old...
Renamed5518

Postby *commander_renegade (01) on Aug 30 2011, 1:14pm

(/).-) at op -.-
*commander_renegade (01)

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 1:17pm

@cor: what I'm saying is that clans have had a long time to funnel pw taxes into strip banks. There are clans out there with tens of trillions or more sitting in strip banks. IMO, this is an unprecedented achievement. Yes, there have always been strip wars, and yes, there will always be strip wars (this is a fact, and it is independant of the existence of pw's). My argument is that the existence of these heavily funded strip banks would cause a definite imbalance between the top clans, and the rest of us IF the ability to fund these banks (at the current rate) is removed over night from the game. Does that make sense? As long as the mechanics to fund these banks exist for everyone, then it remains fair.
AKRhino

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 1:20pm

ARK, then I believe we are split on opinion. I'm of the belief that without pwar-funded strip banks income will still be high enough for sustained stripping for said pwar-funded strip banks to show their advantage. The only point that it becomes 'unbalanced/unfair', is if that strip war extends into the months and all the pwar-funded strip banks are on one side, a highly unlikely occurance.
Corinthian

Postby ____________fghhgg____________ on Aug 30 2011, 2:00pm

Even if an epic awarded 300bill for a win, split that among a clan of 30, it's 10bill each. Even if done once a day. Non nob abusers will still never lcbc. Broken game.

How many of the thousands of players make 10bill a day or more? Top 5%? so the top 5% have a chance at lcbc? Leaving 95% with no chance.

Philo. Get off your coward alt. Man up. Post on your main. What's your excuse for posting on coward alt? That's right, you already admitted it. Cause your scared of getting hit for having an opinion. That's what you said. Rofl! Your a coward in every sense of the word.
____________fghhgg____________

Postby 3nnui on Aug 30 2011, 2:17pm

Bob, I have never purchased nobs. I have purchased 2 xstal packs (20 dollar ones) and the propacks (but used those nobs long before t4). I agree with u that the economy is broken, but I still managed to bc last week. I know other players who have never nobbed or bought propacks or crystals and will reach bc within a month or two. The key is playing the ally market.

I still agree that the economy is broken, and the grind is too much. That is why I continue to advocate for plunder increases and better paying eb. But it is not impossible.

Ark- older clans will have all kinds of advantages, bigger players, longstanding alliances, game knowledge, it goes on and on. Ending pwars would actually end the ability of some players to tax the kaw community at large and would actually serve to level the playing field over time.

The usefulness of strip banks is debateable. That is dead money most of the time (not earning money in the ally market). If a clan is truly dedicated to eachother and willing to sacrfice they can work together to fund strips as necessary.
3nnui

Postby Defiant on Aug 30 2011, 2:27pm

I was a member of Voodoo when they did a 48h haunting tournament to see how many could be completed by two internal clans.

I wasn't the most active or record the highest plunder or even complete the most during the 48h and i did use max crystals during that period but I made approx 120b which is a scary amount.

There's no way I could make that much in a pwar over the same amount of time as a hitter.

I agree about the strip bank concerns raised in this thread but several players making this kind of money then vt'ing money across to the bank and you are close to a pwar tax if not more. Far more drawn out process but it's doable.
Defiant

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy