What banning Pwar means.

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: What banning Pwar means.

Postby THEBlade on Aug 30 2011, 12:06pm

The prices of a ***** were never as low as when you were born.
THEBlade

Postby Shifter on Aug 30 2011, 12:11pm

An easy way to end pwar's are to not allow the winning team to forfeit. That way the loseing side(osf's) dont get the pwar cash :)
Shifter

Postby llll_C_llll_G_llll_P_llll on Aug 30 2011, 12:15pm

Easy way to end pwars. Make eb pay more than pwars. Why would I make less just so an osf can make. 300b?
llll_C_llll_G_llll_P_llll

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 12:19pm

AKRhino wrote:@cor: I was here before pw's, I still have the list of inactives everyone hit saved on my phone. You've never seen that period because prices were never as inflated as they have become. Not even close. It's not even really comparable.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you argument here reads:
"I was here, you weren't, therefore I know better and I say it's not comparable."
Prices skyrocket when players start LCBC-ing in numbers bigger than the nob purchasers. This isn't just from pwars, and again, epic battles match the hitters side of pwars, which is enough to maintain equilibrium. In fact, I'd wager that inflation will keep rising after pwars are removed.

To counteract your argument though, my forum open date is only a few days after I joined the game, and that date is well before the release of pwars. I was here, so your arguement that because you were here and I wasn't isn't quite valid.
Corinthian

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 12:20pm

CGP wrote:Easy way to end pwars. Make eb pay more than pwars. Why would I make less just so an osf can make. 300b?

shifter wrote:An easy way to end pwar's are to not allow the winning team to forfeit. That way the loseing side(osf's) dont get the pwar cash :)

To both of you, this isn't what this thread is about. Please reread and try again.
Corinthian

Postby Shifter on Aug 30 2011, 12:21pm

Yeah...im to tired. School plus gym equals tired. Plus ap lit essay due tomoro
Shifter

Postby Shifter on Aug 30 2011, 12:25pm

I think the motivation the devs have is that they probably never meant for this to happen. Before pwar ppl would farm inac or eachother. People with high stats actually earned them. They werent pwar noobs. They earned the stats. Now adays you could have 6mill comb stats and be a complete noob. I think the devs realize this.
Shifter

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 12:34pm

@cor: that's not what I said at all. You made a statement about what everyone was doing before pw's. I made a statement that I know what we were all doing before pw's because I was there too. My statement was: you have not seen that period (referring to your statement that you "have yet to see a period in the gamewhere strip funds were nowhere to be found...etc") because inflation has caused prices to rise significantly beyond what has been seen in kaws' history.

I like how you allude to the amount of time you've played kaw in (what could be taken as) an "appeal to authority" (a fallacious form of rebuttal/debate), and then try to turn it around on me when I state that I was also here before pw's....
AKRhino

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 12:39pm

@cor: saw your statement in the other thread about making pw's less lucrative than eb's. If that's the plan, then I'm all for it, as long as pw's remain an option, and are not made impossible. If you'd simply stated that at first, instead of dropping hints which seemed to imply the complete removal of pw's from the game, we probably could have avoided this whole debate/exchange.
AKRhino

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 12:49pm

AKRhino wrote:@cor: that's not what I said at all. You made a statement about what everyone was doing before pw's. I made a statement that I know what we were all doing before pw's because I was there too. My statement was: you have not seen that period (referring to your statement that you "have yet to see a period in the gamewhere strip funds were nowhere to be found...etc") because inflation has caused prices to rise significantly beyond what has been seen in kaws' history.

I like how you allude to the amount of time you've played kaw in (what could be taken as) an "appeal to authority" (a fallacious form of rebuttal/debate), and then try to turn it around on me when I state that I was also here before pw's....

"I was here before pw's.... You've never seen that period ...."
When reread with the clarification here, yes, it makes sense, but I had others read your post and that is basically what was gleaned. In hindsight, apologies, it was misread.

As far as your statement here, outside of when the drop feature was implemented (and that only affected the lower prices), inflation has constantly caused the prices to rise as income has risen.

What I believe you are implying is that inflation solely from pwar tax (and not from HLBC hitter income + nobs/crystals) has risen the average value of active players so high that in a post-pwar society only a select few will be able to own the average active player (aka popular allies for stats / strip targets) and thus stripping as a tactic will die for most.

Is this your reasoning? If so, this comes down to opinion as it's my belief that pwar tax has maybe affected the top (most valuable) prices, but overall allies are priced around the average top income (in this case a HLBC player w/o income) due to the fact that hitters heavily outnumber OSF.
Corinthian

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy