What banning Pwar means.

Share your game strategies.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: What banning Pwar means.

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 11:09am

AKRhino wrote:The problem with making pw's impossible is that it will seriously imbalance the game. Sure, it's easy to make eb's more attractive, thus removing much of the incentive for pw's so people choose not to do them. They can make eb's that pay spies as well as they pay attack builds, I have no problem with a spy having to grind for stats the same way I do. My issue is, there is, and never will be, a better way to fund strip banks. If pw's became impossible overnight, than those clans who already have trillions stashed away in banks will hold a huge advantage over those who don't. Pw's should remain possible for those who want to do them, and to help keep balance in the game.

True enough, but that's also true about most other bugs/exploits/methods of income changed/removed up until now. It's a short term advantage.
Corinthian

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 11:10am

The_Philosopher wrote:Just a clarification Cornithian. By saying they would have to back to donating "more than just time?" You mean donating actual money? Either way, I think it will be fairly easy to bypass whatever the devs have in mind as long as the system war stays in place.

Yes, donating actual gold. As in pre-pwars.
Corinthian

Postby llllIIllIDr-KnockBootIIllIIllI on Aug 30 2011, 11:13am

Yes 3nnui it would be great to make eb pay better but remember these r greedy devs. The wont make PvE's pay better they will make pwars pay less by doubling the war tax. Then instead of a payout in gold it'll be some new currency that u can't use to buy lands and buildings with. 
llllIIllIDr-KnockBootIIllIIllI

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 11:26am

@cor: there has been no bugs/exploits/methods of income that even come close to the amount of gold that can be generated through pw's. Clans can bank well over a trillion gold in a week. There is no comparison. You cannot suddenly remove that from the game. Good luck funding your strip bank through EB's, they simply cannot compete. This is a "problem" brought on solely by the devs. What spurred pw's popularity? T4. The highlands made it worse.
AKRhino

Postby The_Philosopher on Aug 30 2011, 11:29am

I agree with Rhino. The devs have no one to blame but themselves.
The_Philosopher

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 11:31am

AKRhino wrote:@cor: there has been no bugs/exploits/methods of income that even come close to the amount of gold that can be generated through pw's. Clans can bank well over a trillion gold in a week. There is no comparison. You cannot suddenly remove that from the game. Good luck funding your strip bank through EB's, they simply cannot compete. This is a "problem" brought on solely by the devs. What spurred pw's popularity? T4. The highlands made it worse.

as far as T4/highlands, that's mostly covered by the eb bit, so that part's redundant.
Your main concern is strip banks, correct? ie: gold to buy people's allies with.
Here might be a part where I likely come out as foolish, but I thought the main issue with stripping usually isn't the gold, but the ability to have enough spies to strip before rebanking.
Doesn't this mean strip banks being 'fuller' than other strip banks would not have much of an impact?
At the very least, I havn't heard of any large clan saying before, "We had the people, just had no gold." What?
Corinthian

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 11:47am

@cor: it's not redundant as there was no alternative to pw's at the time of t4, or the highlands' release. As I stated, they caused Pw's to become the dominant form of making gold, and growth in general by releasing updates with such incredibly high cost.

As for your point about strip banks, you don't see those big clans saying "we couldn't afford to strip them" because they DO have the gold, and they got it from pw's. Look at the recent strip of Ajax, do you believe that tapped the banks of ig and zaft and any other clans involved? I don't. Look at cr's clan page, it says the pw because they have to (or at least it used to iirc, haven't looked at it in quite a while). Cr needed to pw to grow? Maybe partially, but the main reason (I'd bet, and correct me if I'm wrong any cr members) is to generate war funds in the form of strip banks.

I've never been to any of the main zaft clans, but I have been in pw's hosted by zaft spies. Pw's have been in full operation for what, over a year now? That means all if those big clans have had A LOT of time to fund their banks. A temporary advantage? I'd not like to find out how long it would take to empty their banks...
AKRhino

Postby Blooregard on Aug 30 2011, 11:48am

They'd have to change the plunder calculation slightly so that it doesn't drop when you are converting from guilds to SOS.

Spy builds and Hansels make out much better than attk builds in the haunting. Many OSF's are still using bots, and are abusing the pwar system. Their mistakes hurt all of the KAW community as a result.
Blooregard

Postby Corinthian on Aug 30 2011, 11:51am

@Ark, before pwars people just hit OSFs out of war for more gold than now (relative to size of people at the time), and there was still massive stripping done. Pre-T4, pre-pwars. I have yet to see a period in the game where strip funds were nowhere to be found by any decently built clan, pwars or no.

As far as pwars becoming more popular due to T4, I'm not aruging that, but that doesn't pertain to the strip banks bit.
Corinthian

Postby AKRhino on Aug 30 2011, 11:57am

@cor: I was here before pw's, I still have the list of inactives everyone hit saved on my phone. You've never seen that period because prices were never as inflated as they have become. Not even close. It's not even really comparable.
AKRhino

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy