The Guide To Socialize!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Killzone, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Let’s face it, to play KaW is to socialize with different people across the world either on your; Smart Phone, iDevices, and/or Computer. Players communicate in many ways across the game and outside of the game, for some people, this may even be why they play the game.

Within this guide I will be providing information about tolerance, what is acceptable and not acceptable on Kingdoms at War. For you Anti-Social members of KaW that are ready to step out of the “Shy Closet”, continue reading because this is the Guide for you!

Table of Context:
    • People
    • World Chat
    • Following
    • Wall Posts
    • Forums
    • Palringo
    • Self Confidence
    [*=Key]

Lets Start Off with Each other..
    Throughout the years that Kingdoms at War has been around (since 2009), there have been different types of KaW players. The people who play KaW are just like people in Real Life. These people you talk to have feelings just like yourself, and want to be treated how they deserve. When you’re talking on Kingdoms at War always remember that these are people, not NPC’S.

Some players on KaW, the trolls*, do not take kindly to certain people. If you are new to the forums, you most likely will be trolled. Everyone is trolled everyone once in a while, but don’t give up on becoming the next Shifter..(even though that probably couldn’t happen). Remember there are people who do only talk on the game and make fun of others for their own enjoyment. Rules: Troll them back, Ignore them, or laugh with them, and never NEVER take it serious. There will be other players around the game, that will befriend you in due time.
    [​IMG]
    *Image above is a Troll. This is the slang form of troll online only.

World Chat A Place for All..

The World Chat is where everyone can talk. Players are allowed to say anything they'd like, among the Terms and Conditions of KaW, for the whole Community to read! You may use this area wisely, because you only have a limited amount of speakers. Speakers* are bought with nobility points that you can easily receive from buying them**, or questing.

The Main uses of the World Chat is for;
    • Announcing Wars or EB's
    • Meeting Others
    • Asking to be hired
    • Advertising New or Old Clans

Some of these uses may cause you to be shunned upon if used in other places. Phrases such as; "Hire me", "Hire my Allies", or even.. "So and So Farmed Me". These are tolerated among the KaW community on the World Chat, and basically only the World Chat. This is a great way to put your speakers to use, especially if you are a New Player of KaW.. Just don't expect to be hired just because you said something such as "hire me please", there are MANY other players flooding the world chat with the same plead.
    [​IMG]
    *Image Above Shows Where to Obtain such Speaker(Computer)
    [​IMG]
    *Image Above Shows Where to Obtain such Speaker(iDevice)
    **Tip: If you buy Nobility and Admit it, be prepared for possible trolling.

Follow Me and I'll Follow You :)
    [​IMG]
    Following is one of the greater updates for socializing. Following allows you to keep in touch with players ingame without having to leave your app. When you become friends with someone this becomes a great tool to use. Simply go to the person's profile and click "Follow". As shown below.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Once you have clicked onto "Follow" you will have to wait until that player/friend decides to follow you back. This player is told under their news feed, "_____ is now following you!"
    [​IMG]
    When someone follows you, you DO NOT, need to follow them. In fact if you ever find someone that you talk to in the "following chats" and they do not turn out how you thought they were, don't fret. Go to their page, and click "Block". Report them to a player moderator, such as "Drgnblade", take a screenshot also if you deem necessary. Following someone is a privilege to meet new people, and socialize, you must use it correctly! Be aware that even in the Private Messages, that you still must follow ToU rules.
    Tip: There's a chance that someone may have not seen you followed them, post on their wall!

Wall Posts
    Posting on someone's wall can be a way of showing R-E-S-P-E-C-T, but before I get to this, I'll tell you what a wall post is. A wall post is basically a comment, these comments should be kept short and to the point. It is very disrespectful to post anything hateful on another player's wall, this can and possibly will get you muted by a Moderator. Wall posts provide a way for you to stay in contact with allies, basically people you may not want to follow but do get along with.

The Main usage of Wall posting is for Wall Art. Wall Art is the main sign of Respect. A player with a lot of wall art is a sign they have more respect than say, someone with less. What this also means is to watchout. If you are a farmer*, or dislike the owner of the wall with a lot of Wall Art, there is a chance that all those people will come after you! Wall Art is a great way to make friends, if you're new to it, just use emoji. Find an awesome looking symbol, and post "Protected by _____" on their wall.
    *A Farmer is someone who hits another player over 5 times in a 24hr time frame

The Great Almighty..Forums
    The Forums is a great place to relax and wait for your Soldiers/Spys to regenerate. Here in the forums you can talk to anyone about anything, unless against the Terms and Conditions. There are many people everyday on the forums, and even every minute. Sometimes the forums may be an addictive place, but it is great for socializing. You can:
    • Talk about updates
    • Read helpful Guides
    • Catch up on World Wide News
    • Debate
    • Play Forum Games
    • Share Stories and Poems
    • Miscellaneous

This is the most interesting way to communicate on the game. On the forums, as you see, players can talk about anything. The topics never end on the forums. Players such as yourself are able to find people, or even groups of people just like themselves by going on the forums. You'll be able to see player's opinions tastes and even share your own with them. Socializing could never be easier than using the forums..it has everything.
    There are some Rules you should be aware about when talking on the forums:
    • Do Not Post "Hire Me" nor "Hire my Allies"*
    • Do Not Post about being farmed, find a clan to help
    • Do Not disrespect others, if you do not want to be in return

These rules are not enforced by the KaW Devs themselves, but by many forum users. If you do any of these three things, expect to be trolled. There are few people that do tolerate this on the forums.
    *Use the World Chat for this
    Tip: If you do not know how to phrase something, use a picture instead!

Palringo, Ultimate Messenger!
    Palringo is a Messenger for your computer and/or Smartphone, this can also be downloaded and used on the iPod touch. Palringo can be found for your computer here http://www.palringo.com/en/gb/ the only website for thus messenger.

It is also skeptical whether advertising Palringo groups or the application is against the third-party advertisment rule or not. Yet Developers require any moderator or applicant to have Palringo.

[​IMG]
    *The Above picture is one of the fillouts in the Moderator Application form*

Palringo is the best place to socialize off game, you do not need to be on the KaW app to use this. Palringo is a whole different business than Kingdoms At War. This means that once taking part- anything that happens in these chats ATA is not responsible for! Although the developers do advertise for Moderators to have palringo, anything that happens there is on another application. Anyhow, why is this a great way to communicate? Well for starters, you can join the KaW Group.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This group as you can see has many active players of KaW in here. Once you join this group, you can chat with all of those players without having to waste one speaker, it is unlimited. If you find someone you think is "cool", you may private message them. When you send someone a message, you do not automatically need to be their friend. You are able to talk to them and if you do not like them, you may delete and/or block that person from ever contacting you again.

*USER DISCRETION IS ADVISED UPON JOINING THE CHATROOM*

Palringo is also a good way to meet your Clan Mates and Clan Allies. Clans have their own War groups on Palringo only known to the clan members most of the time. Palringo can be easier to communicate with your clan than on KaW because you are able to talk using your voice to your clan. You can freely speak to them (or even regular players outside your clan) without having to stop what you're doing in your real life to look down and type on your screen or keyboard.

Lastly, Self Confidence
    The only way you will be able to do any of this, is if you have the self confidence to be yourself. Yes you are behind a computer screen talking to other people, but it is a great way to be who you truely are. If you like something such as 'Old School' but hate 'Rock', admit it to your possible new friends. Believe it or not but being able to do this, will build up your self confidence and even help you out in the real world.

There are people online and offline that are just waiting to meet someone like you no matter who you are this is true. If the forums is not the place for you, go to pal or vice versa. Just don't give up, step out get noticed, dont be shy...This is KaW not Jaws, we won't bite! :mrgreen:

Thank you to igerpums for the iDevice Pictures:)

Some of My Other Threads (A lot of fun):
    ***Update Request List***
    Thank You For Promos
    KawFest
    New Hollow Elite
    The KaW Purge

2. Look mommy, a rainbow!
    Good job

3. Hello KZ. Just scrolling forums thought I'd check this thread.

4. Thank you, If there is anything wrong, or anything I should add, please tell me:).
    Very appreciated<3

Heyy colonial!

5. looking good Kz  add me and I'll add you 

6. Haha <3Kerryn<3 :)

7. Great post Kz, you rock. :)

8. Liked the guide kz, just a thought if you have screen shots from comp version I could be helpful to have idevice ss as well, but very informative

Sticky!

9. didnt read, but scrolled through it, (i know it all) seem very wel tought out, and very helpful. i can tell you put alot of work into it. nice. possibly even sticky.

10. Very berry nice 

11. i just read it. sticky!

12. Unlike some people, I'm not socially awkward so I don't need this thread to know how to talk to people.

But the set up and color and all that **** was good.

13. haha its not just for socially awkward people, it's also for new players to learn their routes through being able to interact on KaW. When I first joined, which was a while ago 2009, I wish I had this..didn't even know about the forums or KaW till around November when I met Colonial.

Thank youu everyone:)
    Also i'll get some iDevice pics up, just gotta find someone to screenshot them for me.

14. Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:32 am
    septemper. :p :lol: il ss them now if u want

15. That would be great:), I'm going off to bed now though, would you be able to send them to my palringo? my name on there is Killzone also.

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i can pal them to u if u want. :D

17. oh lmao u posted whil i was sending that. ok i will. i assume ur in the kaw group?

18. No worries:) just got them up, thank youu very much!
    Goodnight:)