Bot -or- highly active

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by cleetus, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devs,

My only question is... How do you decide if someone is "botting" or not? If they are using a simple click recorder there is nothing to say it's a bot other than timing. If you are taking it down to fractions of a second to verify someone is hitting at the same interval over and over, that makes sense.

If however you are banning based on how long these osfs are staying open (clicking sell pot) then you may be on a witch hunt, as there are most definitely players who sit and tap the sell button for hours on end, till their phone is drenched in sweat for the gratification of hundreds of "thank you"s on their wall.

Back to the subject of botting. The people who use a click recorder or some other similar method are the small fries. I can promise there are people out there (not me :-D You'd see a lot more activity from my account) who have your API by the balls, use random timers, and perfectly emulate the behavior of the browser.

These are the people that really get ahead. These are the people who may even be on the lb due to booting. Have you caught them? I don't know.

Ok. Back to paw. Later!!!

2. That is my point. If they are just using click automation. Once the session expires, it will not work. So again I ask... Are we banning people who ate botting, or people who sell too many pots??

3. I think the devs dig deeper than just monitoring activity.

4. You're making my point for me rb. If these people who are botting are using the kaw interface, and just automating mouse and keyboard, there isn't anything for them to look deeper at. There is no way for them to know if I'm clicking my mouse, or if the computer is doing it for me.

Hell

5. Maybe I taught my pet hamster to run on a wheel that is connected to a stick that presses the spacebar. How do they know if it's me or my hamster???

6. Cleet. You are the man. See you on paw.

7. People who use third party programs to interact with KaW will be banned. Despite what I'm seeing people post about how the developers deal with these situations you're wrong. The developers DO NOT ban people simply because they might be doing something they aren't supposed to. They put the time into discovering whether someone is cheating.

They're very reasonable. You can ask anyone that's been banned, and has been allowed to come back.

8. Cleetus, when one has been playing for 24/7 not having gone to the bathroom it raises question as to whether they are human or not.

9. Support. I also think this is a major problem, and also wonder how the heck you determine if you're cheating

10. Or eating koolaid! KaW is fun, but food is more important (I don't know what majesty thinks though...)

11. Ok. You're right. I give up. The devs have cameras in our houses .
    1. Wall them to see if a person.
    - uhh. If they're selling pots, how they gonna wall back?

2. You clearly don't understand botting. This is not a google web crawling spider, nor is it a chat bot, I'm TALKING ABOUT a program that records mouse clicks and repeats them. IF the devs are watching the timing carefully and see the time between each actions forms a pattern, then ding ding ding!! They're doing it right. If they're finding people that stay open a lot due to repeated pot selling they're doing it WRONG!!

Yea, they will catch bots that way, but they will also catch humans.

12. He'll probably strip me for that!

13. @kool-aid. If they are just recording clicks, they can't run for more than 12 hours. Their session will expire and they will get an "invalid request" error.

14. I dunno bout u guys.... But I can play kaw while I'm on the popper. That's when I get my best work done. :-D

15. It's the intervals that they sell the pots in. They're exact.

16. Ok. Thanks. :-D props to devs.

All u sorry ass cheaters got what u deserved!

I would quote your last post but on phone.

Let this die...

17. Wanna know how devs find out? Read this, it's the LAST post by kaw_admin

18. Bump.. For historical purposes

19. The devs talk a good game, but I doubt they have the time or manpower to really do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.