The KaW Grand Guide; from Formulas to Clans - 4.0

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Raeki, Oct 6, 2010.

1. *Classified: Web designers and programmers wanted. Priority: knowledge of CSS

Table of Contents:
    1. Introduction
    2. Questions and Updates
    3. Glossary
      • Common Terms
      • Commonly Confused Terms
      • Statistics
    4. Starting Out
      • Resetting
      • Starting Out
      • Quests
    5. Allies
      • Allies Plunder
      • Allies Bonus
      • Notes
      • Key Points
    6. Clans and Wars
      • Clans
      • Wars
      • Spies
      • Mercs
      • Pots
    7. Community
      • Etique
      • BBCode

Introduction
    This guide covers all aspects of KaW. It is several guides put into one, because otherwise there'd be 10 threads which would be unorganized. I will constantly be updating this guide, but my mom is very edgy so I may not be able to get on all the time. Suggestions and feedback can go as replies. If you need to talk to me, find me on Palringo as "raeki" in the "kaw" room. Each page is a new guide/section. You can navigate to these sections by clicking on them in the Glossary. Introduction leads to the first page of comments. The [spacer]s are to organize the thread layout, and to save space for updates. Version 4.0 corrects information since game updates from 3.2. By the way, this is a better search for active topics, which removes fan fiction and off topic. I just got back to KaW, so I have forgotten many things and there are many things I have yet to learn :D . Please forgive me.

Version:
    4.0 – Corrections.
    3.2 - Updated BBCode and Starting Out. Minor changes.
    3.1 - Updated Questions and Feedback. Minor changes.
    3.0.1 - Fixed section links.
    3.0 - Tidied up things and reorganization. Links to different sections now = easier to read :) .
    2.0 - Reorganization. Information fixes.
    1.4 - Made BBCode easier to read. Updated land list. Updated syntax.
    1.3 - Updated BBCode section.
    1.2 - Removed table as our forums don't show it. Devs and mods would it be able to enable the table code for BBcode?. Added bigger titles and sizing. Fixed allies information. Fixed coding error. Fixed code info.
    1.1.1 - Fixed reset information. Added a table for buildings - hope it works :) .
    1.1 - Tidied up a bit. Added Quests and Statistics.
    1.0.1 - Fixed coding error and Notepad glitch which caused it to be super long. Hopefully it's fixed and not so long - sorry all :S
    1.0 - Basic guide in crude form. Updates will be coming soon. I know this may be very long - sorry bare with me!

Ty all :)
    By: the one and only Raeki there can be. Special thanks to EyeEye, Rajang, Krogglidor, Hansel, Benny, and Kool-Aid for supporting me to make this guide instead of doing my homework :) . Ty for xxAwsumPwnagexx for great help into this guide :) .
    Written in: BBCode Editor by the one and only Raeki there can be (I wrote the program).

Questions and Updates

When is the new update coming out?
    Check the news section of forums for official information. However, most updates are only teased; release dates are not usually given until it is ready and a few days before. “Soon” just means it’s being worked on; devs have lives too.

I got a new iPod. How do I get my old account back?
    This proccess is called "transfering". The easiest way to transfer is by going here. To find your UDID easier, download the free app “Udidit”. If you are having problems, email device_transfers@athinkingape.com[/color.

How to I link my iPod to the computer? Or vice versa?
    To link accounts, you first need to have an account on both devices. So if I started on the web, and got an iPod, I start an account on the iPod. Then, go to the web, to the home tab. There's a button at the top for "Link iPhone". Click on this. There's a proccess which essentially is entering your iPod username, going to the iPod and entering a code sent to your iPod onto the computer. Then you will be given to choose one account to keep. You will lose your other account! Ruling for alternate accounts is, 1 account per iDevice, and 1 PC account, and a linked account is a PC account! However, devs have unofficialy said that if you have more iDevices, you can link those accounts too. You can only link an account once. So you can't transfer through linking. You must transfer through the devs, as explained above. This is when you get the message "you must delete and account first".

I got muted?
    You can be muted for anything interpreted as: spam, bypassing the filter (includes referal code), racism, or anything interpretted as inappropriate. You do not need to be given a warning! However, if you feel it was unfair, contact the devs at support@athinkingape.com .

I need cash!
    Hire allies and be active. Farm inactives. Read more in Starting Out and Allies. It's long but it will benefit you.

Castles...?
    You can now upgrade the castle for 4b, which will give you access to the Alchemist. Essentially, there are temporary boosts you can buy ranging from hiding allies from your profile, to changing your chat color. The castle will also increase your attack and defense by 40k, but since it doesn’t have troops, it will actually lower your plunder. It makes you stronger in comparison to your opponent, but it doesn’t give you any troops for extra loot. You must explore 25 lands to upgrade your castle.

How do I post images/use special text effects?
    Explained below in Community, under BBCode.

I got a question, what do I do?
    Best is to ask the forums (make a thread), or wall a mod.

Something's wrong, what do I do?
    Ask in forums if anyone's had the problem. If they can't solve it, email support@athinkingape.com

I got an idea, what do I do?
    First, make sure it's a brand new idea. Then, make a thread in the forums. Be conservative - ask for feedback. If you get strong support, then make a thread proposing for it.

Resetting...?
    You lose everything but unspent nobility and crystals and speakers (whatever it shows in the oracle), permanent items, wallposts, achieved achievements, and clan ownership. This means you lose lands, pots, allies, etc.. There is no need to reset unless you are lc!!! Read the guide on how to make gold or wall me for specific help. Wallposts and newsfeed will still lead to your new profile.

Oracle...?
    The Oracle is where you can buy stuff with real cash. Hey, devs have a life too :) . You can buy nobility, crystals, and ProPacks here. ProPacks give a "Pro" status, and also some goodies (read its description). Nobility can be used to regenerate troops (although you should buy crystal for that), change your name, or converted to gold, as 7% of your land cost (210m when you're lowlands complete). There is a limit of 1500 nobility a day, and it will dissapear for a short while if you've hit the limit. Crystals can be bought and used for regeneration. The options to regenerate (make your troops and spies at 100% immediately), get gold, and change name are also in the Oracle. The Oracle is accessed from the Marketplace tab -> Oracle button on an iDevice, and there's a seperate tab for it on the computer.

What clan should I join?
    Join a subclan of someone in the top 50. Pick anyone you like. Do join someone's clan if they've been mass messaging (they asked you to join, but it appears they've copy-pasted the message to many players).

I need a war - where do I go?
    It's best to find a friend for a friendly/practice war. Ensures safety and all. If you're settling a dispute with a clan, ask their leader if they want to do an official war to settle it. Obviously, you should expect mercs to be brung in in this situation (even stripping).

Someone is cheating, what do I do?
    Email support@athinkingape.com or feedback the devs once a day from the home tab. They get spammed a lot, so be patient.

What are speakers?
    Speakers are used to talk in wc - it's designed to prevent spam. You regenerate 5 speakers a day on an iDevice, or you can trade them 1 for 1 with nobility.

Glossary
    Common Terms
    • lb: leaderboard
    • wc: world chat
    • cc: clan chat
    • ca: clan announcement
    • pal: palringo - free app, used by most to communicate
    • pin: hit/assasinate until the defender is "Too Weak"
    • sit: constantly pinning the defender (nonstop)
    • volley: constantly hire someone between two or more players DO NOT ASK FOR THIS
    • farming: to hit a player over 5 times a day FOR 2 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS!!!
    • osf: open spy farm (pure spy who leaves gold out to be hit)
    • nuf: nightly unlimited farm (osf that allows unlimited hits when they're open)
    • pots: stuff from the marketplace (gives stat boosts)
    • lc: land complete - explored all 25 lands
    • bc: build complete - all highest tier and max upgraded buildings for all 25 lands
    • dtw: defender too weak
    • pm: private message (in pal)
    • tos: terms of service
    • bypassing: avoid the text filters, you can be muted for this
    • xtal: health crystals used to regen
    • nob: nobility points
    • regen: regenerating troops; every 5 minutes you get 2 hits worth of troops with minimum troop loss (similar for spies), 60 minutes (65 for balanced building) for full regen
    • sub, circle, avary - subteranean factory, sumoning circle, war avary
    • t1, t2, t3, l(vl)1, l(vl)2, l(vl)3, l(vl)4: tier 1 (buildings), tier 2, tier 3, level 1 (building), level 2, level 3, level 4
    • ass: assasinate
    • keep: to own an ally
    • strip: buy enemy allies then hit or steal
    • burn: keep attacking or stealing/assasinating to waste an enemies pots
    • mtl: minimum troop loss - when you are just that much stronger than the defender, you'll lose a minimum ammount of troops per the total troops you can have
    • pure spy: only guilds build
    • build: combination of buildings
    • atk building, balanced building, def building: each tier has 3 buildings: buildings with more atk than def, buildings with equal atk and def, and buildings with more def than atk; the atk/balanced/def refers to the building with that higher stat
    • to wall: post message on someone's wall
    • to pal: pm someone in pal
    • hansel build: 1 troop building 23 (or rest) guilds
    • growers/growing: players who are still exploring/building/upgrading buildings
    • plunder war: war against osfs only to gain high plunder

Commonly Confused Terms
    Here are the terms:
    • bta: This stands for Bonus to Allies. These are the stat bonuses your owner gets from you. It's what other's see as your stats on your profile, and the same format of stats you see on other's profiles. Commonly refered to as "stats".
      bfa: This stands for Bonus from Allies. This is the stat bonuses you get from your hired allies.
      real attack/defense/spy attack/spy defense: These are the stats you see at the top of your profile. These are real stats; what the game works by. Bonuses always add to these stats. This number only shows the strength from your buildings though, but it means that it is in direct relation with your Bonus to Allies.
      allies plunder: Part of the gold made during an attack. This number is easily manipulatible and controlable, so it is the main source of income for growing players.
      troop/spy plunder: A small part of the gold made during an attack. This number fluctuates and is not a reliable source of income.
      plunder cap: Allies plunder is capped by several factors. This is the "cap".
      max plunder: A condition when you have enough in allies (usually as much as your next land cost, or 5b when you have land completed) that you have reached your plunder cap when attacking other players.

The first issue is simpler. When attacking someone, you earn troops plunder and allies plunder. Troops plunder fluctuates as your troops goes up or down. The same concept applies to spy plunder. Remember, with more guilds, hence more spies, you earn more spy plunder. In addition, you get more for attacking/stealing from a stronger opponent. This strength comparison includes bonus from allies. Allies plunder goes up as you invest more money in allies; 1 100m ally is the same as 100 1m allies. There is a plunder cap for this; dependant on your buildings, and your build strength compared to your opponent's build strength. Hitting a relatively stronger opponent earns more. Troop buildings are considered stronger than guilds, so they lower your plunder cap. Buildings have their own "plunder cap". Guilds naturally have a higher building plunder cap than troop buildings. Towers are considered the strongest, and have "0 plunder cap" too. Therefore, your plunder cap varies per opponent. Note that the strength comparison in the allies plunder only takes into account buildings, not bonus from allies. To reach this cap, a rule of thumb is to have as much in allies as your next land, and for lcers, you will need about 5b. Essentially, troops plunder is inconsistent. Invest money into allies, and build more guilds than troop buildings, for more allies plunder.

The second issue is harder to explain; you just kind of have to understand it. Here's an example. My kingdom has 24 buildings. Each building has 2000 troops, and each troop has 100 attack. So I have a total of 48 000 troops, each with 100 attack. So I have 4 800 000 attack, from my buildings. Now lets say I use up half my troops attacking someone. With 24 000 troops of 100 attack each, I get 2 400 000 attack now. So this is how your building strength fluctuates. Your profile shows this number close to the top of your profile. It'll say "Attack: n/d". Now, your bonus to allies, what other's see on your profile, is 1/50 of your maximum building strength. So how do I calculate it? Well, on your profile, it shows your current building strength and your maximum building strength (at full troops). So take the second number (maximum strength) and divide it by 50. That's what other's see on your profile. That's the same stat you see on other's profile (their bonus to allies, the bonuses you will get if you hire them). Your profile also shows your bonus to allies, and your bonus from allies (bonuses from all your hired allies) in the middle of your profile.

So now you get the basics. When you see on another player's profile "Attack: 500 000" it's actuallly a TRAP!!! Lol. That's their bonus to allies, and 1/50 of their maximum building strength. Now, bonuses always add to current real strength, or your current building strength. If you remember, bonus to allies is only based on your buildings' maximum power; this is why your friend doesn't notice your stats going up when you buy a ProPack. So taking the example in the above paragraph, at full troops, I have 4 800 000 attack. Let's say I have 25% permanent item bonuses to attack. So that becomes 6 000 000 attack. However, your profile won't show up the tallied bonuses; it will only show the seperate bonuses. The extra 1.2 million attack is calculated during a battle. Now, let's say I'm at half troops. I have 2 400 000 attack, and the extra 25% makes it 3 000 000. So at 50% troops, I only got 50% as much stat bonus compared to when I was at full troops.

Now there's pots and bonus from allies. These numbers are easier to add up, as they are "static" as long as you have the allies and the pots. Simply add them to your current real building strength :) (be careful not to add percentage bonuses to these). So if I have 10m attack bonus from allies, and I'm using pots for another 35m attack bonus, I'll have 51m attack at full troops, using the example from the above two paragraphs. At half troops, I have 48m attack. Now, it's easier to guestimate your own win percentage in "bonus to allies" form as it's what you see on others' profiles, and it's much smaller numbers to work with. So then take your total stats and divide them by 50 :) . So then 51m attack at full troops becomes 1 020 000 attack in bonus to allies form, and 48m attack at half troops becomes 960 000 attack in bonus to allies form. So you think, wow! That's even more attack than Majesty! Well, remember, that's only Majesty's bonus to allies. While he may be at half troops (meaning he's weaker), he has his own permanent items, pots, and a ton of bonus from allies.

Statistics
    Here are some numbers about kaw:
    • When you drop an ally, or he resets, or the devs reset inactives/cheaters, you get back 60% of the price you paid for him.
    • When an ally is dropped, the ally's price decreases by 25%.
    • After three days of no ownership, the ally's price decreases by 25%.
    • When being attacked, you lose 1% of the gold you have out. This is different if the attacker is a ton stronger than you, in which you lose based on their strength versus yours (stronger they are, more you lose) or if you have only a little gold out (less than 1b) then the loss is also based on strength comparison.
    • When being stolen, you lose 0.08% of the gold you have out. Like attacks, there are the different conditions which are identical (if opponent is super strong, you lose more; if you have only a little gold out, you lose based on strength again).
    • When an ally is hired: a) you make 1.5% of the price you hired the ally; b) the ally's price goes up by 5% c) the ally gets ~1.5% of their hire price, but it is capped at 1 million.
    • When razing a building, you get 20% of the money you've spent on it.
    • When selling potions, you get 75% of their value back.
    • Land costs (~11.6b total):
      1. Free
      2. Free
      3. Free
      4. 5k, Free if on computer.
      5. 30k
      6. 150k
      7. 300k
      8. 750k
      9. 1.5m
      10. 2.5m
      11. 3.5m
      12. 5m
      13. 10m
      14. 20m
      15. 60m
      16. 100m
      17. 200m
      18. 300m
      19. 600m
      20. 900m
      21. 1.2b
      22. 1.5b
      23. 1.8b
      24. 2.1b
      25. 3b
    • Buildings (shown as level. cost - regen rate/total troops - stats (in bonus to allies form))
      • Workshop (T1 Attack Building)
        1. 25k - 42/500 - 400/200/0/0
        2. 200k - 83/1000 - 1000/600/0/0
        3. 1.5m - 167/2000 - 2400/1600/0/0

• Stables (T1 Balanced Building)
        1. 25k - 42/500 - 300/300/0/0
        2. 200k - 83/1000 - 800/800/0/0
        3. 1.5m - 167/2000 - 2000/2000/0/0

• Barracks (T2 Defense Building)
        1. 25k - 42/500 - 200/400/0/0
        2. 200k - 83/1000 - 600/1000/0/0
        3. 1.5m - 167/2000 - 1600/2400/0/0

• Forge (T2 Attack Building)
        1. 1.75m - 42/500 - 1200/600/0/0
        2. 3m - 83/1000 - 3000/1800/0/0
        3. 5m - 167/2000 - 7200/4800/0/0

• Beastiary (T2 Balanced Building) - Effect: Higher total units. Loses less units. Regens slower. Earns 5% less plunder. Still has same regen ratio (2 hits in 5 minutes); has 65 minutes to full regen but 26 hits from full regen. Better for crystalling (always have one in your build).
        1. 1.75m - 41/525 - 997/997/0/0
        2. 3m - 81/1050 - 2625/2625/0/0
        3. 5m - 161/2100 - 6720/6720/0/0

• War Cathedral (T2 Defense Building) - Effect: Each War Cathedral earns 5% more plunder compared to if it was a Forge. So each one of these buildings is earning 5% more plunder than what it would normally be. This does not raise your plunder cap.
        1. 1.75m - 42/500 - 750/1200/0/0
        2. 3m - 83/1000 - 2100/3000/0/0
        3. 5m - 167/2000 - 5600/7200/0/0

• Subterranean Factory (T3 Attack Building)
        1. 130m - 42/500 - 3600/1800/0/0
        2. 350m - 83/1000 - 9000/5400/0/0
        3. 850m - 167/2000 - 21600/14400/0/0

• War Aviary (T3 Balanced Building) - Effect: Higher total units. Loses less units. Regens slower. Earns 5% less plunder. Still has same regen ratio (2 hits in 5 minutes); has 65 minutes to full regen but 26 hits from full regen. Better for crystalling (always have one in your build).
        1. 130m - 41/525 - 2850/2850/0/0
        2. 350m - 81/1050 - 7400/7400/0/0
        3. 850m - 161/2100 - 19740/19740/0/0

• Summoning Circle (T3 Defense Building) - Each Summoning Circle earns 5% more plunder compared to if it was a Forge. So each one of these buildings is earning 5% more plunder than what it would normally be. This does not raise your plunder cap.
        1. 130m - 42/500 - 2150/3600/0/0
        2. 350m - 83/1000 - 6300/9000/0/0
        3. 850m - 167/2000 - 16400/21600/0/0

• Guild (Spy Building)
        1. 25k - 42/500 - 0/0/150/150
        2. 2.5m - 125/1500 - 0/0/900/900
        3. 75m - 375/4500 - 0/0/5400/5400
        4. Level 4: 900m - 750/9000 - 0/0/13500/13500

• Defensive Tower (Defense Tower (static defense))
        1. 25k - 0/750/0/0
        2. 4.75m - 0/5625/0/0
        3. 30m - 0/40500/0/0

• Lookout Tower (Spy Defense Tower (static spy defense))
        1. 25k - 0/0/225/0
        2. 2.5m - 0/0/1350/0
        3. 75m - 0/0/8100/0
        4. Level 4: 900m - 0/0/20250/0

Starting Out
    Resetting
    When you land complete, you can reset for some bonuses. The first 4 land complete resets gives permanent items, adding percentage boosts to stats (totalling to 8% for each stat). The boosts are:
    1. 3% to attack and defense
    2. 3% to spy attack and spy defense
    3. 5% to attack and spy attack
    4. 5% to defense and spy defense
    There are no extra items after that, but each time you land complete reset (including the first 4 times) you get an additional 50 ally slots (normally you are capped at 250 allies). I would recommend doing the reset cycle 4 times, for the 4 items, and I will tell you why and how to make it less painful. However, if you think you will quit this game soon, don't do the resets. The rewards are long term. So first of all, the extra ally slots really help. The higher price range you go, the worse stat-to-price ratio allies have. So in the long run, you'll have better bonus from allies (crucial in this game) than if you hadn't done the resets (although this benefit is after at least a year). So 4 resets is a good number, for 200 extra allies, and it also gives you all the cool permanent items. For any extra resets, it'll take too long for the benefits to show. Now, I just want to explain how the bonus items do not help in a war. You see, percentage bonuses add to your current strength, as explained in the above section. So lets say I have 20 million real attack. 8% of this means total of 21.6 million real attack. This is good, but in a war, you should stay under 20% troops so you can't be hit, earning your enemies plunder. So 20% of 20 million is 4 million, and 8% bonus to that isa total of 4.32 million real attack, which is 6400 attack in bonus to allies format (less than a maxed forge). So you got a 0.32 million bonus. Whereas, if you hadn't reset, you'd have about 70b (44b from just the resets, then there's the other factors such as if you hadn't reset, you would be making 10m a hit still, not 1m). As I am writing this guide, 70b can get you 3.5m real atk bonus, which is 70k in allies bonus format. That's over 10 times the bonus from resetting.

Now so, I really like this game - I'm ready to reset - what do I do?
    Here's a guideline:
    1. Multiply your hire cost by 0.3. This is how much your owner will lose when you reset on him.
    2. Add the number from step 1 to 70b. If you have clanmates or friends that you know can hire this much gold off you in allies, great! If not, divide this number by 0.7.
    3. The result in step 2, is how much you want to save in allies before you reset. Save up! :)
    4. Sell/drop your allies. Now, transfer the ammount of gold in step 1 to your owner. Transfer the rest of the gold to a friend you can trust, or an alt. Sell remaining pots and buildings too (and transfer).
    5. Take a deep breath, and reset! :) If you are going to do the quick resets (as I'm explaining here) your new name should be something like "resetting-today".
    6. Now, get your friend you transfered gold to to volley you to 400m. With your gold, start transfering your gold back. You will need ~11.7b to lc. Explore your lands, and don't build anything. Once you've transfered enough to explore all lands, stop. You can build all forges, and start doing the 56th quest, since you can only reset once per day. By the time you can reset again, you should have mastered the quest, and earned some new crystals :) .
    7. Reset, though this time you don't do any transfers.
    8. Keep doing step 6 until you've got your 4 resets. The remaining gold should be able to help you land complete one last time, and also build complete.
    9. Enjoy your new ally slots and permanent items! :)
    This will help you lc as fast as possible. You can adjust this to your liking; for example if you like the challenge of rebuilding, maybe you only get yourself a volley to 300m each time, and that's it. Now, these are the only things you keep after resetting:
    • Unspent nobility
    • Unspent crystals
    • Permanent items
    • Achieved Achievements
    • Wallposts
    • Clan ownership

Now, the last question is what is transfering? Transfering is a means of giving another player gold. It is an indirect proccess which uses volleying. Players, don't ask for others to transfer you free gold. Here's how you do it, for resetting and other purposes:
    • Volley any player (regardless of starting price) 100 rounds; this means you and your friend hire the person 100 times each.
    • The giver drops the ally after 100 rounds or more.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 untill the giver has lost (from dropping) the amount of gold he wants to transfer. There is an 80% maximum transfer efficiency.
      Keep in mind, while the starting price doesn't matter in terms of gold, but if you start at too high a price, you may not be able to do a full 55 rounds. If you start at too low a price, it may take forever to finish. To calculate an ally's price after "y" ammount of hires, use the formula: end price = current price * 1.05 ^ amount of hires. Remember BEDMAS ;) .
      So there you have it! Enjoy :) . Here’s my volley calculator; first textbox is starting price, second textbox is number of rounds.

Starting Out
      So, this is my suggestion for starting out. However, this is a guide, not a rulebook, so like most things in this guide, you can change things. Nevertheless, one thing you can't change is allies lol. As a grower, you must invest money in allies, and actively hit inactives. So without further adue, here's what to do.
      1. Pick a kingdom name, and banner (the banner's really have no difference, go for you favorite color :) ).
      2. Go with the balanced build in the tutorial. Afterwards, raze the guild and build a workshop.
      3. Find someone with 400/200 stats from the battle list (home tab -> battle button). Hit this guy as much as you can. If he replies, or retaliates, find another guy. You may also get hit several times, and lose many battles. It is inevitable at this stage - don't sweat it.
      4. You will also notice you got hired several times. Soon, you should be able to reach your 150k land. Each time you explore a new land, alternate workshops and stables. Each time you build/upgrade, find a new target with half the (bonus to allies) defense as your (bonus to allies) attack.
      5. Now, start hiring some 100k allies (allies tab -> hire allies button -> price range textbox). You can also upgrade some buildings to level 2, and explore your 300k land. Ally stats don't matter when you're growing.
      6. Keep doing this: farm, hire allies, farm. If someone is active and angry, reply you are sorry and find a new target.
      7. After you've explored your 300k land (also don't upgrade all your buildings to level 2), start hiring allies whenever you have gold out (over 100k).
      8. When you have 1m in allies (add their prices up), you can start saving up for your 750k land, and explore it. After this, finish upgrading your buildings to level 2. If an ally sells, hire someone else of equal price. Maintain a minimum 1m in allies, but no more than 2m.
      9. Starting from now, always have as much in allies, as the cost of your next land. So your next land is 1.5m, so save 1.5m in allies before saving up again, and exploring. If an ally sells, get someone else of equal price. After saving up enough to hire your next land, invest until you have as much in allies as your new next land cost.
      10. Now, you can upgrade some again (not all), of your buildings to level 3. Then, start saving up 2.5m in allies (your next land cost).
      11. When you have 2.5m in allies, replace you workshops with forges and stables with beastiaries.
      12. After you've finished replacing your tier 1 buildings with tier 2s, save up another 2.5m and explore. In the future, alternate forges and beastiaries.
      13. Remember to always maintain as much in allies as your next land cost.After you've explored your 5m land (and invested 5m in allies), you can start upgrading your buildings to level 2.
      14. By now, you should have a good idea of how the game works. You may get stolen a lot, but you only lose a small ammount of gold (0.08% of what's left out). This is another good reason why you hire allies.
      15. When you reach 70-100k attack, start building guilds instead of beastiaries and forges.
      So you should have learned the basics by now, including some of the things I didn't explain at first. More money into allies = more money made per attack. That is known as allies plunder, the staple source of income for growers. Also, guilds give higher plunder than forges/beastiaries, but are too expensive at the beginning. Finally, the balanced building (except for tier 1) gives you an extra 2 hits from full regen, but it takes an extra 5 minutes to fully regen (it is the same rate as other buildings, 2 hits per 5 minutes). So always have 1 balanced building. If you want to become a pure spy, start out as an attack or hansel build first (explained more in Clans/Wars -> Spies)

Quests
      Quests are another option for earning "gold" in the game. One thing I must stress, is do not use crystals when growing, and do not quest either. Quests are another option for earning "gold" in the game, but earn you far less gold, and have a lower success rate. The first quest gives ~2.5k per success, and the last quest gives ~7m per success (you can make 12m a hit when build complete). However, they occasionally give you crystals, and also nobility points. In addition, when completing certain quests, you will get a cash reward and crystals. Each quest gives a certain percent of mastery per successful completion of the quest (victory screen). As you go up, the percentage of mastery earned is slower and slower each time (takes more completions to master the quest). Quest mastery, like achievements counters, reset after a reset. So after a reset you can remaster a quest for the rewards (crystals) again. Quests can also be used as banks; you do the quest until you are 1 success from mastering it, and in a war, you can complete it quickly for the rewards, or use it to recover from a strip. Also, if you really need to self pin quickly, doing the last quest is a good way to do it :) . Sometimes quests are refered to as numbers, so here they are:
      1. Excavate
      2. The Search for Treasure
      3. To Catch a Thief
      4. Attack Bandits
      5. Escort Convoy
      6. Unwelcome Guests
      7. Royal Protection
      8. Preventative Measures
      9. Destroy Trade Route
      10. Protect Your Land
      11. Held for Ransom
      12. Sabotage
      13. To the Rescue
      14. Attack Convoy
      15. Intruders
      16. Rescue the Princess
      17. Protect the Convoy
      18. Fighting Back
      19. Mind Tricks
      20. For Revenge
      21. Deliver to Safety
      22. Spill their Blood
      23. The Hunted
      24. Battle at Valhalla
      25. Stealing Business
      26. Under the Bridge
      27. Theft
      28. Seek and Destroy
      29. Raiding Mission
      30. Hunting Sorcerers
      31. Held for Ransom
      32. Fighting Giants
      33. Preemptive Strike
      34. Hunting Season
      35. Pirate Defense
      36. Stealing Gold
      37. No Fly Zone
      38. Disruption
      39. For the Love of the Hunt
      40. Vengeance
      41. Stealing from a Thief
      42. Pillage and Plunder
      43. Escort Convoy
      44. Preemptive Strike
      45. Guard Duty
      46. A Cold Spell
      47. Stealing from a Thief
      48. Icy Structures
      49. Sabotage
      50. Melting Point
      51. Revenge
      52. Invading Forces
      53. Push them Back
      54. Escort Convoy
      55. Voice in the Dark
      56. Icy Grip
      57. Gates of Hell
      58. Facing the Storm
      59. Living Dead
      60. Disruption
      61. The Darkness
      62. Push them Back
      63. Evil Temples
      64. The Edge of Winter
      65. Rescue Mission
      66. Army of the Damned
      67. Free from Evil
      68. Kill them all
      69. Enemy's Gate

Allies
      Allies Plunder
      As you may have noticed, allies is what makes this game unique, and they are really important for success in this game. So now, I will explain more about allies plunder. When you attack someone, you have two different gold incomes. The first is labeled (on the victory screen) "plunder", and the other "allies bonus". The plunder is known as "troops plunder". This number depends on your total strength comparison between you and your target, and the number of soldiers you have. This is a small, and unreliable source of income. Spies also have this, known as spies plunder (and the gold fluctuates as the number of spies decrease). The second number is known as "allies plunder". This number goes up and down depending on the money you've invested in allies. If you have no allies, this number will be 0. If you have more money invested in allies, the number will go up. It doesn't matter the number of allies you have, just the total value of them. 10 1m allies produces the same result as 1 10m ally. This is a stable source of income because you will have the same ammount of allies whenever you attack anyone (you should maintain a similar level). Now, this allies plunder is capped by a plunder cap. The plunder cap is dependent on two things: your build, and your build compared to your opponent's build. First, higher tier buildings have a higher plunder cap. Towers give no plunder and have give no plunder cap (do not raise it). Guilds give the highest plunder cap. In addition, guilds are considered the "weakest", so in the strength comparison part, the plunder cap will rise again. Towers are considered the strongest, so towers are worst for plunder. The stronger you are, buildwise, compared to your opponent, the less you make. The "weaker" you are, the more you make. So essentially, hire allies for more money made per attack. Build guilds (although you will always need at least 1 troop building) makes more plunder.

Allies Bonus
      Now, when you hire allies, they give a bonus to your real stats. What you see on other's profiles, is really their bonus to their owner (so you, if you hired them). This is directly related to their build, which is the principle source of strength, so most people call these "stats". As you learned in the Glossary, the allies bonus from each building is the troops * unit stats / 50. In the Glossary, it also lists the allies bonus from each building. Your bonus to allies (bonus to your owner, your stats) is in the middle of your profile. It's in green and the section lists your bonus to allies and bonus from allies. When you hire many strong allies, their bonuses add up to a lot. This strength is static; when you own those allies, those bonuses are the same. Obviously, you don't have allies hired away nonstop, and when they do you hire them back. As you learned in the Glossary, your building strength decreases as your troops decreases. Allies bonus stays the same as you hit an opponent. However, when you are still growing, do not worry about allies bonus. When you are build complete, start looking to increase your bonus from allies. At the moment, you should find allies with about 40 attack and def stats (total) per 1k of hire price. Also, try to use most of your ally spots. So if I have 400b, and 250 ally slots, I get allies around 2b, which means I'll use up all my 400b gold over 200 allies. This is because cheaper allies generally have better stat to price ratios. You want to leave some extra ally slots because it becomes a problem when you have extra gold (for example bought Chaos pack) but no ally slots.

So, there are 3 types of ally styles (as an owner):
      1. Plunder allies: these are allies you simply hire for plunder. You can have 1 big ally, or several small ones. I prefer having several allies as it is easier to sell for emergency reasons (not upgrading), and it would really such if your 1 plunder ally was reset for inactivity.
      2. Strength allies: these are allies with good stats (for their price). You hire them to increase your overal strength from bonus from allies. This is useful in wars when you have to stay under 20% troops, but have your allies bonus to aid your strength (since your building strength is at 20%).
      3. Chat allies: these are allies that you hire to chat with in ally chat. It's Bominator's favorite kind :) and you can make it your own personalised channel. :)

Notes
      • No ally is completely "yours". They can be hired away, and you can ask to keep him, but it's not like "you're not allowed to hire this ally". On the other hand, you can say that you'll farm the hirer if he hires your ally, but don't whine about it.
      • When you drop an ally, the decrease 25% in value, and you get back 70% of what you paid. This is the same when an ally resets. This is to prevent people from volleying up alts for cash, then resetting them back for a full refund for the keeper.
      • Allies increase 1.05% in value per hire.
      • When your ally is hired, you get back 101.5% of what you paid (1.5% profit).
      • Allies make 1.5% of their hire price when hired, but that is capped at 1 million.
      • Transfering cash is making use of the 1.5% profit when an ally is hired to send cash. The first step is to volley a player 100 rounds (200 total hires) or more. The giver keeps, and drops the ally. Keep doing this until the keeper has lost as much cash as he wants to transfer. The reciever should end up with 80% of the cash the giver lost, if you did it right. So the cash has been "transfered". The starting price doesn't matter, but make sure it isn't too high so that you can't complete 100 rounds, or it isn't too low so that the proccess takes forever.
      • To calculate a players value after a certain amount of hires, use the formula: current price * 1.05 ^ ammount of hires.

Key Points
      • Hire allies for more allies plunder (staple source of income) per attack (10 1m allies is the same as 1 10m ally).
      • Allies plunder depends on the money you've invested in allies. Allies plunder cap depends on your build, and your building-strength comparison to your attack (so your plunder cap varies per target, unless they have the same build). Guilds are considered "weaker", therefore give a higher plunder cap.
      • You need as much as your next land in allies for max plunder (reached your plunder cap). If your next land is 100m, you need 100m in allies. At 25 lands, you'll need about 5b. After exploring a new land, the first thing you should do is to save up in allies until you have as much in allies as your new next land cost.
      • Even if you want to be a pure spy, start out as an attack or hansel build first (explained more in the Clans/Wars -> Spies section).
      • Before you're land complete, don't worry about ally stats. After you've build completed, get allies with approximately 40 attack and defense (total) per 1k of hire price.

Clans and Wars
      Clans
      Nowadays, clans are a big part of the game, and crucial for the player. Now, I will start off with this: Do not start a clan unless you are build complete. Why? Well think about it. If you aren't build complete, you suck for an owner. So your clan sucks. Any smart players (players who will be strong) and any strong players (players who are strong) have no reason to join your clan right? The only recruits are the brainless players. So then, in a month, you think "Gee! I waste 10 bucks for this crappy clan that never got anywhere!" So weak clans never grow. So I'll start off with picking a clan. First, go to the clan strength leaderboard (home tab -> leaders button -> clans button). Scroll through the top 50, and see which clan you like. Read their clan info. So find a clan you like, and note their subclan. It will usually say in their clan bio. Apply to their subclan! Those clans are strong, and will be able to help you and all, if you are willing to be loyal. Those strong clans usually have a subclan for recruits, and do not let strangers or weaklings into their main clan. Here, be loyal, and you will be taught in depth (although they would probably just point you back to this guide xD ), and be given help.

So what if I want to start my clan? Well first off, are you build complete? As I explained above, weak clans never grow. So you must be a strong leader. Secondly, get ~2 good, and preferably strong or knowledgable friends to help run your clan. Ask some friends if they can help you start off. So now, you have 10 decent players, and you can start recruiting players. This does NOT mean spamming world chat or making a recruitment thread in the forums. This means making a clan bio in the forums explaining your ideals. This means looking at noobs or other players who look dedicated to the game, and wall the personally. Soon, you should have a decent member base, and your friends can go back. The rest is up to you :) . And quickly, back to clan joiners, do not join a clan based on hearing them in world chat, or a wall message that appears to have been copied and pasted. You want a clan you picked.

Warring
      This is Kingdoms at WAR, so obviously don't cry over a fight. This ranges from farming, something I will cover, to strip wars. So I suppose there's three levels. Now, farming is hitting someone, excluding scouts (they barely hurt you and don't use pots), over 5 times a day, for two or more consecutive days. I will explain the origin. At the beginning of this game, it was truely war. People fought, but enjoyed the spirit. Then, OSFs appeared, and a 5 hit max rule per day was developed, to ensure everybody could get some easy gold. Today, hitting an osf over 5 times in a day is still automatically farming. However, in January, there was a big noob influx, and most of them became reliant of free gold and OSFs. They also adopted 5 hits max a day as farming for themselves, and that generation has grown to most of our population today. So let me clarify, farming is hitting someone, excluding scouts, over 5 times a day for 2 or more consecutive days! Nevertheless, you can still enforce a "5 hit rule" on your clan; if someone hits your clanmate 5 times, you retaliate! Just don't call it farming. You can retaliate for any sort of percieved agression (or no reason at all >:) ).

So farming is like the most basic level of war. The most extreme level is a strip war. These wars are "unofficial", meaning there is no real system to determine a winner. In this occasion, the sides attempt to utterly destroy the other team. This is done by "stripping". This is hiring a target's allies, then stealing and hitting him until his gold is gone. Ideally, you wait until the target is asleep, hire all his allies quickly and have mercs and your clan, subclan, and allies steal until his gold is down. Stealing takes 0.08% of the gold the defender has out, and attacking takes 1% of the gold left out. However, if you attack someone until they have under 20% troops, they cannot be hit or stolen for 10 minutes. So if you got enough stealers, try to just steal (and hit twice every 5 minutes) until the gold is gone. This devastates players, and causes many people to quit. The goal is to decimate the enemy.

Finally, there are the official wars. This is the two day plunder based system implemented into the game. Each side has an active roster (players can sit out if they wish), and the active players attack and steal each other, trying to earn more plunder for their side. The side with the most plunder after 48 hours wins. Simple right? Well there's more to it. First of all, when you hit an enemy, 20% of the gold you would normally make goes into a "war tax". This is stored in a budget, together from both sides. At the end of the war, it is distributed to the winners based on contribution. So the player on the winning team who earned the most plunder gets the largest share. That is why on the results page, it shows you've earned 1b plunder (as an example) but only got 0.5b rewards afterwards; since the final reward is from the 20% budget (overal you still got more gold).

There is a lot of strategy for these wars. First of all, since the goal is to earn most plunder, you should have allies for allies plunder. Max plunder is the best, or close. You also want to not be hit, since when you are hit the opponent earns plunder. So stay under 20% troops as much as possible (this makes you "too weak" to attack). This also means that if you will be a weaker player, don't join the war. You will be a liability as you can be hit, but you won't be able to earn plunder since you are too weak to win against the enemy and/or you don't have allies to earn sufficient plunder. In addition, never join a war in advance. Since you can join a war halfway, but you can't leave a war without taking out your contributions, but leaving your blood. This means when you leave a war (leave the clan), the plunder you've earned is subtracted, but the plunder earned on you remains for the opponent. So anyways, lets say my war starts at 12:00pm. I finish school at 3:00pm. Instead of joining at 8:00am (war has been accepted), and getting hit as an "active" player from 12 to 3, I should just wait until I finish school, then start hitting the opponent. Always join starting from when you can be most active. So if I have a piano lesson from 3:30pm to 5:00pm, then I finish my piano, then join. In fact, it is great if you can join for the last 6 hours of a war, but stay under 20% troops for the whole 6 hours. Putting this together, you have a strategy like this: First, you send out your strongest players, who can withstand hits. They slowly grind, until the very end when all the rest of your players jump in and stay "too weak", and hit the enemy roster.

Now there are some other things you should know in a war. First of all, the ideal war build is a hansel build, since the hansel build earns the most plunder. However, except for players on the alliance leaderboard, they don't have enough total attack or total defense to break enemy lines, or take hits. You end up becoming an easy target. So, since guilds give more plunder (key for war), get as many guilds as you can, without sacrificing attack and defense. Also, spies aren't very useful in a war, since spies earn minimal income. Pure spies can be hired and farmed for easy gold. Nevertheless, find 3 targets on the enemy roster with few guilds and no spy towers, and have your whole clan steal from them. Together, the steals will earn a bit more plunder. After hitting someone, post your results! So let's say I attacked majesty 5 times, and lost 5 times. I now have 10k troops, out of 30k. I say "1. majesty atk0/5np 10/30". "1." stands for majesty's rank; always include your target's rank! This is the easiest way for your clanmates to find your target to help pin him or whatever. The rank is followed by the target's name, which can be abbreviated since you've posted their rank. "atk" means you've attacked the target; post "spy" if you were spying. "0/5" is the number of successful hits out of total hits I got. "np" means "not pinned"; post "p" if you hit the guy until you got the "too weak" message. If you were stealing or scouting, you post pinned if they're down to 0 spies (they lost 0 spies on your last hit). Finally, "10/30" is the remaining troops/spies you have, in thousands. It's important to post this for your clan to plan. Whenever a target is not too weak to attack, it's important to hit them, as if you are fighting an experienced clan, they'll know to keep too weak most of the time. This also means, try to limit assasinating; as it pins the player but doesn't earn you plunder. Finally, keep track of "leakers". These are players who getting hit a ton earning your opponent plunder. Keep track of players' losses, and you may need to kick someone if they've been inactive and losing a lot of plunder. You can't say "well I think he may be active in the second 24 hours"; as I've explained, only join when you are ready to be active. Other terminology can be found in the Glossary.

The final thing I want to mention is plunder wars. These are wars where one clan is just OSFs and the other clan farms them. This can be used to stimulate your members to grow. Simply post the open OSFs in the clan announcement.

Spies
      Spies are a strange aspect in this game. Originally, they were made to compliment troops (assasinates and scouts), but people have adopted it into their gamestyle, evident as pure spies. Please note that spies will always be at a "disadvantage" since they were not the main point in the game. Nevertheless, pure spies bank in potions (usually the cheapest attack potion) and can be "invincible" since you can't hurt them. So what is this about? This section talks about spies in general, and pure spies. I'll start with the easier one. So spies have three options: scout, assasinate, and steal. You can have a max of 36 assasinates from full regen (per hour). Assasination kills opponent's troops, so as you learned from the Glossary, it makes their building strength weaker. Good to set up an attack. Assasination also kills some enemy spies, and uses pots. Scouting gives you the opponent's build, and your chance of winning if they don't have defense pots, and your chance of winning with the pots the have (this will not show if they have no defense pots). It doesn't show anything about their spies, except for their spy buildings. Scouting is good for pinning someone's spies, as scouting has a high success rate, uses up equal spies on both teams, and avoids pots (no pots used). Both parties also lose minimal spies. Stealing is a small source of income for spies. The spies plunder is based on your current number of spies, and your strength comparison to your opponent. The more spies, the more gold. The stronger you are, the less gold. The opponent loses 0.08% of the gold they have out when they are stolen from. Spying uses pots. Guilds give high allies plunder for troops because when you attack someone, the spies take all the loot. Well, this is the storyboard reason. Statistically, guilds are "weaker" than troop buildings, so if you remember from the Allies section, this increases your plunder cap. Guilds also naturally have a higher building plunder cap. That is why you should try to have as many guilds as possible, without putting a dent on your attack. This is shown in the hansel build; one troop building (usually an Aviary to maximize hits) and 23 guilds. This build earns the highest plunder.

So a pure spy is a player with only guilds. There can be variations; such as OSFs and defense spies. OSFs are pure spies who leave gold out to be attacked. OSF stands for Open Spy Farm. 6 hits on these players in a day is automatically farming. Always read an OSFs wall before hitting; it will tell you their rules, including whether they are open or not. Hitting a closed OSF (including another clan's OSF) usually results in severe retaliation. For an OSF, bank in the cheapest attack or spy defense pot, and sell them quickly when people attack you. This maximizes the gold they make to the gold you lose. Defense spies are those who have some defense towers, to block off noobs, or whatever reason. As spies, you shouldn't leave gold out; always bank in the cheapest attack potion (or possibly the spy defense potion if you're an OSF). If you want to become a pure spy, land complete as an attack or hansel build first! Ideally, you start out as an attack build. At 100k attack, you start building guilds, and eventually switching to a hansel build. Once you've land completed, you simply have to tear down your troop building and replace it with a guild. Maxed out guilds cost about 1b each. Before converting, save an extra 10b in case you want to switch back afterwards, since spies earn really little gold. This is why pure spies aren't great in official wars; they earn little plunder, but can be vollied and attacked for high plunder for the enemy. However, in unofficial wars, such as stripping, they are great since they themselves can't be hurt, but can help strip players. This is where you hirer an enemy's allies, and steal away. Stealing takes 0.08% of the cash out, so if you can get a lot of stealers, this is good. Attacks take 1% of the gold out, but attacks are limited since defenders can be pinned. You can steal a target as long as they have cash out, or over 20% spies. For spies, "defender too weak" is when they don't have gold out, or they have under 20% spies.

Pots
      Smoke pot when warring.

Lol jkjk. Pots are items bought from the marketplace. They give stat bonuses, and as explained in the Glossary, stat bonuses add to your real stats, not your bonus to allies. For attacking pots, if you own some, there will be an option to use them when you click "attack" or "steal". You can only use one of each pot at a time, and this is the same for defending pots. However, defending pots have a more complicated proccess. So the server will calculate your pots from the weakest ones you own up (to the strongest ones). It will use the weakest and least ammount of pots to boost your stats when someone hits you, up until you have the best or closest to best chance of winning, 99%. So let's say you own defense pots 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8. Player A hits you, and even without pot boosts, you have a 99% of winning; no pots will be used. Lets say player B is stronger than player A, but not much. Without pots, you have an 80% chance of winning. With your first pot, you will have a 98% chance of winning. This isn't 99%, so it will use your second pot too. Now if majesty hits you, even with all pots you have a 10% chance of winning. All pots will still be used. Remember that the server will use pots from weakest up, so it won't use pots 1 and 8 in the situation described above.

So how do I know what pots I need? Well, you only need attack pots in a war. In war, you aren't ment to made profit, so you will probably lose money using your attacking potions. So I'll talk about defending pots. When you start out, you shouldn't need any pots, attacking or defending. You shouldn't be in any wars too. From lands 10-20, get 50 of each defense pot (not spy defense pot), from pots 1 to 10. So at 12 lands, I'll have 50 of the first, second, and third defense pot. By land 20, I'll have 50 of each defense pot. At 20 lands, also buy 50 spy defense pots. By land 25, you should have 300 of each defending pot. So how many defending pots do I need when I'm build complete? Let's look at the official wars. Wars last 48 hours, so let's say you will be on for 24 hours, which is half of the time and minimum devotion. So for that 24 hours, I'll be staying "too weak" to attack; I'm safe. For the other 24 hours, I can be hit regularly. The most you can be hit each hour is 59 times; let's say 60. so 60 * 24 = 1440 hits if you're being hit nonstop. So you should have 1500 defending pots minimum at all times after you've build completed. While you can be stolen as long as you have gold out, or have spies, most likely you won't be stolen as much since spying gives low plunder. Pots give massive bonuses; only the top half of the alliance leaders have enough bonus from allies to overtake pots. So obvious, they are crucial in a war.

Mercenaries
      Mercs were originally pure spies who would help with anything (such as stripping) for gold. Now, there are clans of mercs for hire. Generally, they will do anything for enough gold. Today, there are also attack build mercs, or hybrids. Essentially, a merc is a 3rd party player who helps with something, so it can be anyone. In the official wars, the sides may bring in non-clanmates to help in the war; these are called mercs. If you've agreed to not have mercs, don't break it just to win your war. People know who the good wars are, and it just looks stupid when you've brought in a merc to win a such a small war. Wars are won by both sides; a good war is where both sides fight honorably. Good clans are clans who fight honorably.

Community
      Etique
      KaW has a very tight nit community - that's part of why I love this game. There's a world chat and a clan chat, you wall players directly, you hit each other, there's an in-game forum, and so on. It's a game that actually depends on the people. Now, this means we also have etique - things you shouldn't do. Here are some "rules" of KaW Etique.
      • The devs are the people who made the game. Their company is A Thinking Ape. There are about 5 people busy working to maintain and update this game, so do not pressure them. Any questions or concerns should go through the forums first, asking nicely.
      • Do not spam feedback; they have filters that will delete your feedback anyways if it detects spam. So if you need to ask them something, ask them nicely once a day. Nevertheless, they still get large volumes of feedback and it may take a while to answer you. You can also email support@athinkingape.com .
      • Never ask for a hire or volley! Invest money in allies and attack inactives; you will make much more in the long run. If you need additional help, ask nicely in the forums or you can wall me!
      • Farming is hitting someone, excluding scouts, over 5 times a day for 2 or more consecutive days! The 5 hits is a courtesy, not a rule.
      • This is a WAR game; people can retaliate or hit you for no reason though.
      • For suggestions, make a conservative thread asking for feedback first. If people support you, and it is a new idea, then make a thread asking for it.
      • For help, ask nicely and patiently in the forums. You will get speedy and helpful responses this way.
      • Ask for help on how to do something, don't ask for help on something. So you ask "How can I make gold for my next land?" not "Hire me!".
      • Don't make flame threads; it's not our problem and we don't care.
      • Majesty has blocked you because he doesn't need you. All of KaW tries to wall him daily; if he never blocked anyone, his newsfeed would be buzzing 24/7. In addition, you must be trying every day to wall him with something he doesn't need; that's the only way you know you're blocked.
      • Don't ask us to help farm or strip a player or a clan. If you want to ask us how to get strong to do it, that's fine.
      • Don't ask for OSFs to open for you, and don't ask for an OSF to join your clan.
      • Don't spam, bypass the filters (including the referal code; you're only allowed to post that in the referal code section of the forums, although it doesn't show up on active topics and nobody reads it), and don't say anything possibly interpretted as inappropriate. You can be muted for 24 hours, and you do not need to be given a warning. If you feel it was unfair, email support@athinkingape.com .
      • Don't make a "questions" thread.

BBCode
      Now I will talk about BBCode. What is bbcode? Well, bbcode is for forums in a similar way html is for webpages. Bbcode also uses tags (although with "[" and "]" instead of "<" and ">"). They give the special effects like bold. When used, the forum will automatically add the effects to the text. If you want to post code without having it automatically rendered, use the tags
      Code:
      [code]code goes here
      [/code]
      to display the raw code. Here are all the bbcode's you can use:
      Bold:
      Code:
      [b]text goes here[/b]
      Underline:
      Code:
      [u]text goes here[/u]
      Italics:
      Code:
      [i]text goes here[/i]
      Color:
      Code:
      [color=red]text goes here[/color]
      "red" can be replaced with: (a) any other basic color, such as blue (see here); or (b) hex code (see here). For rainbow text, go here and choose rainbow text. Then copy the bbcode and paste it here. Please note that there can't be any spaces in the color, and the "#" must be included in hex codes.
      Size:
      Code:
      [size=100]text goes here[/size]
      "100" can be replaced with any integer from 20 to 200.
      Links:
      Code:
      [url=http://www.google.com]text goes here[/url]
      "http://www.google.com" can be replaced with any link, although it must begin with "http://". If you want to link to forums within kaw, you can just post the raw url. You can also do this with other outside urls (you just want be able to customize the text of the link).
      Quotes with no name:
      Code:
      [quote]text goes here[/quote]
      Quotes with name:
      Code:
      [quote="Bob"]text goes here[/quote]
      "Bob" can be replaced with any other text you want (it will say "[name you put] said:" at the top of the quote, and then everything else you typed in between the two quote tags)
      1. Download the free app "Photobucket" from the AppStore.
      2. Register/Login.
      3. Upload the photo (Upload Media tab).
      4. Open the photo in the app (My Albums tab).
      5. Click on the "i" at the bottom right corner.
      6. Copy the "IMG" code (looks like
      Code:
      [img]12345.photobucket.com...[/img]
      ).
      7. Paste the code here.
      You can also use the
      Code:
      [img]picturelinkhere[/img]
      code for other image links you have.
      Lists:
      There are 2 main types of lists. The main concept, is that you use the code
      Code:
      [list]list items here[/list]
      to tell the forum that you are posting a list, and you use the code
      Code:
      [*]list item
      for each list item. There are ordered (which branches into numbered, lettered, and roman numeral lists), and unordered lists. I will give the examples.
      Code:
      [list][*]Hi[*]Hmmm this is an unordered list[*]Bye[/list]
      [list=1][*]Hi[*]Hmmm this is a numbered list[*]Bye[/list]
      [list=a][*]Hi[*]Hmmm this is a lettered list[*]Bye[/list]
      [list=i][*]Hi[*]Hmmm this is a roman numeral list[*]Bye[/list]
      Those codes, will produce results like this, respectively:
      • Hi
      • Hmmm this is an unordered list
      • Bye
      1. Hi
      2. Hmmm this is a numbered list
      3. Bye
      • Hi
      • Hmmm this is a lettered list
      • Bye
      • Hi
      • Hmmm this is a roman numeral list
      • Bye
      Emojis:
      Our forums has it's own set of emojis, which will automatically be rendered like BBCode. Here's a list of the available emojis. It shows the code, and then the result. For the code to work, you must remove the "." after the first character of the code!
      • :.D :D
      • :.) :)
      • ;.) ;)
      • :.( :(
      • :.o :eek:
      • :.shock :shock:
      • :.? :?
      • 8.-) :cool:
      • :.lol: :lol:
      • :.x :x
      • :.P :p
      • :.oops: :oops:
      • :.cry: :cry:
      • :.evil: :evil:
      • :.twisted: :twisted:
      • :.roll: :roll:
      • :.!: :!:
      • :.?: :?:
      • :.idea: :idea:
      • :.arrow: :arrow:
      • :.| :|
      • :.mrgreen: :mrgreen:
      • :.geek: :geek:
      • :u.geek: :ugeek:
      Another option for emoji is Apple emoji. This is only visible on iDevices. Go to the AppStore, and search "emoji free". It's the one by "Awesomest Software". Download it, open the app, close the app, go to settings->general->keyboard->international->japanese->emoji to enable it. Now, there will be a globe icon at the bottom left of your keyboard; click on this to start using emoji :) .
      Combining Codes:
      You can also combine codes together, for results like this. That code looks like
      Code:
      [b][u]this[/u][/b]
      Notice how the underline code starts after the bold code and ends before it? It must always be that way. Imagine it like the layers of the earth. The outer layers must always be on the outside. The text "this" is like the core, the underline code is like the mantle, and the bold code is like the crust. This also works with lists, producing nested lists. It looks like this:
      Code:
      [list=1][*]Hello[*]Hmmm this is a numbered list[*]...[list][*]Hello[*]Hmmm this is an unordered list inside a numbered list[*]Bye[/list][*]Bye[/list]
      1. Hello
      2. Hmmm this is a numbered list
      3. ...
        • Hello
        • Hmmm this is an unordered list inside a numbered list
        • Bye
      4. Bye
    You can use any combinations of list types; it doesn't have to be numbered and unordered. You can also do several layers. In addition, you can add any of the other codes like bold to it. Have fun! :)

2. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

3. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

4. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

5. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

6. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

7. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

8. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

9. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

10. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

11. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

Questions and Updates

When is the new update coming out?
    New buildings/upgrades and more achievements and achievement bonuses will be coming soon. It is confirmed, but noone knows when it'll be coming. We just know it's soon. Do not bug anyone, including the admins, for a date.

I got a new iPod. How do I get my old account back?
    This proccess is called "transfering". To transfer, you must provide the devs with some information: confirmation that it's you, both account usernames, and which profile you want to move over. To confirm that it's you, you either need to provide the UDIDs, your MochiGames username and password if you have linked your account to the web. To get your UDID, simply download the app "Udidit" from the AppStore and you can email your UDID to yourself if you need. So obvious, you should back up your UDID in advance. If you have neither of the confirmations above, explain to the devs why, and they'll ask you questions like "When was your last login?" and "When was the account created?". To contact the devs for transfers, email device_transfers@athinkingape.com . Everything is stored on the server. So restoring, losing, crashing, etc. your iDevice or computer will not hurt your account.

How to I link my iPod to the computer? Or vice versa?
    To link accounts, you first need to have an account on both devices. So if I started on the web, and got an iPod, I start an account on the iPod. Then, go to the web, to the home tab. There's a button at the top for "Link iPhone". Click on this. There's a proccess which essentially is entering your iPod username, going to the iPod and entering a code sent to your iPod onto the computer. Then you will be given to choose one account to keep. You will lose your other account! Ruling for alternate accounts is, 1 account per iDevice, and 1 PC account, and a linked account is a PC account! However, devs have unofficialy said that if you have more iDevices, you can link those accounts too. You can only link an account once. So you can't transfer through linking. You must transfer through the devs, as explained above. This is when you get the message "you must delete and account first".

I got muted?
    You can be muted for anything interpreted as: spam, bypassing the filter (includes referal code), racism, or anything interpretted as inappropriate. You do not need to be given a warning! However, if you feel it was unfair, contact the devs at support@athinkingape.com .

I need cash!
    Hire allies and be active. Farm inactives. Read more in Starting Out and Allies. It's long but it will benefit you.

Castles...?
    There is no upgrade for the castle. At the moment, you can't do anything to, with, or about the castle. There is no upgrade, and no upgrade is planned for the near future. Do not ask devs, or us about it. If you are jailbroken, you can switch system files so it looks like you have an upgraded castle. If you scout anyone, it's a level 1 castle. There is also no "castle code".

How do I post images/use special text effects?
    Explained below in Community, under BBCode.

I got a question, what do I do?
    Best is to ask the forums (make a thread), or wall cowlegend999 or benny, or ask in wc when tmh is on (you see him posting in it).

Something's wrong, what do I do?
    Ask in forums if anyone's had the problem. If they can't solve it, email support@athinkingape.com

I got an idea, what do I do?
    First, make sure it's a brand new idea. Then, make a thread in the forums. Be conservative - ask for feedback. If you get strong support, then make a thread proposing for it.

Resetting...?
    You lose everything but unspent nobility and crystals and speakers (whatever it shows in the oracle), permanent items, wallposts, achieved achievements, and clan ownership. This means you lose lands, pots, allies, etc.. There is no need to reset unless you are lc!!! Read the guide on how to make gold or wall me for specific help. Wallposts and newsfeed will still lead to your new profile.

Oracle...?
    The Oracle is where you can buy stuff with real cash. Hey, devs have a life too :) . You can buy nobility, crystals, and ProPacks here. ProPacks give a "Pro" status, and also some goodies (read its description). Nobility can be used to regenerate troops (although you should buy crystal for that), change your name, or converted to gold, as 7% of your land cost (210m when you're land complete). There is a limit of 1500 nobility a day, and it will dissapear for a short while if you've hit the limit. Crystals can be bought and used for regeneration. The options to regenerate (make your troops and spies at 100% immediately), get gold, and change name are also in the Oracle. The Oracle is accessed from the Marketplace tab -> Oracle button on an iDevice, and there's a seperate tab for it on the computer.

What clan should I join?
    Join a subclan of someone in the top 50. Pick anyone you like. Do join someone's clan if they've been mass messaging (they asked you to join, but it appears they've copy-pasted the message to many players).

I need a war - where do I go?
    It's best to find a friend for a friendly/practice war. Ensures safety and all. If you're settling a dispute with a clan, ask their leader if they want to do an official war to settle it. Obviously, you should expect mercs to be brung in in this situation (even stripping).

Someone is cheating, what do I do?
    Email support@athinkingape.com or feedback the devs once a day from the home tab. They get spammed a lot, so be patient.

What are speakers?
    Speakers are used to talk in wc - it's designed to prevent spam. You regenerate 5 speakers a day on an iDevice, or you can trade them 1 for 1 with nobility.

12. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

13. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

14. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

15. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

16. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]

17. Re: The Grand All-Encompassing Guide to KaW - 3.0

[spacer]